Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SYD - BNE Supercharger Route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick calculation based on Tesla’s assurance it would connect Sydney to Brisbane by the end of 2016: At least 4 Superchargers required to be operational in the 19 weeks remaining in 2016 - so can we expect one Supercharger site to open each & every 5 weeks or even slightly more frequently until December 31st? I really hope that will be the reality but cannot help having doubts given the silence. Surely I’m wrong to doubt Tesla.

Hmm, should be Heatherbrae, ?Coffs, Ewingsdale, Brisbane.
I suppose they could all go at the same time. Brisbane is planning a new retail shop, so the SCs will probably be there. Heatherbrae the DA is submitted, Ewingsdale should be built soon, just leaves a black hole around Coffs. Big banana supercharger?

Hmm, should be Heatherbrae, ?Coffs, Ewingsdale, Brisbane.
I suppose they could all go at the same time. Brisbane is planning a new retail shop, so the SCs will probably be there. Heatherbrae the DA is submitted, Ewingsdale should be built soon, just leaves a black hole around Coffs. Big banana supercharger?

Even although Port Stephens is one of the quicker councils in the Hunter Region I am expecting a temporary setup for Newcastle. I do not think this will get approved in time and if it going to be part of a new servo then no chance by end of 2016.

Was in the Tesla shop at Martin Place last week. They assured me they are still on track for 2016. We'll see...

If they are going go make their end of 2016 commitment then given the Heatherbrae location (Puma) hasn't even started construction then they are going to need a temporary location nearby. (Keeping in mind that Heatherbrae was committed to by end of 2015 not end 2016).

Reactions: MangroveMike
The following has been observed at Breakfast Creek Rd, Newstead in Brisbane. Apparently there is something happening on a site that looks like they are creating a long carpark at the front with a building at the back. Anyone have any further knowledge on this?

The following has been observed at Breakfast Creek Rd, Newstead in Brisbane. Apparently there is something happening on a site that looks like they are creating a long carpark at the front with a building at the back. Anyone have any further knowledge on this?

Was there a picture/link with this?

A quick check of the Brisbane City Council DAs shows some residential apartments at 99 Breakfast Creek Rd, and a Mercedes Benz outlet at 194 Breakfast Creek Rd.

Tesla seems to be a secretive organisation. They dont advertise change which might stop possible custs buying current versions. However I cant see why you wouldnt provide info on SC install progress. Maybe well see one more SC Syd to Bne. Id say Bne is the most likely.

It is very unlikely they would announce anything until the build is underway at a specific location, which means they have the required planning and electrical authority approvals in place and contract let. There is a lot less chance of embarrassing delays once it has reached that stage.

Reactions: RichardMcN
There have been Supercharger sites in the States that have been halted by lawsuit when the construction was substantially complete because the precise location under contract actually belonged to the adjacent property. The real property owner would not agree to host the site. It took Tesla more than a year to get another site built in that city. So, I can understand why Tesla doesn't want to say anything about a SuperCharger site until it's REALLY done.

• Informative
Reactions: Blue heaven
It is very unlikely they would announce anything until the build is underway at a specific location, which means they have the required planning and electrical authority approvals in place and contract let. There is a lot less chance of embarrassing delays once it has reached that stage.

In fact they don't even announce it then. With PMQ supercharger it was only "announced" after it was open. The only way any of us knew about it in advance was because someone spotted it being built, and someone in the area knew the owner of Cassegrains. Personally I find the level of secrecy over the top and disrespectful to owners.

We are all grown ups, and understand that things can happen in approvals process and during construction. Just keep us informed and nobody will hold delays against the company, and we will all appreciate being kept updated. I can even understand keeping it secret until the DA is approved. As it is, we all just get the impression nothing is happening, and they are running out of time to fulfill on the commitment to have SYD to BRI open by end of year. Perhaps they will... I have no idea.