Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Advisor: Price increase on Model Y coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes sense to me. Model Y prices are currently as low as they’ve ever been (I know because I have a 7-seat day 1 reservation). Wait times are also long according to website, implying plenty of demand.

Odd, I have an order and they seem to be able to get me a car every week if I want one. Never seen any indication of a wait time based on the dozens of text and people hounding me to pick it up. Had to tell them to stop asking me and I would let them know when I wanted it. May or may not be going up but one thing for sure Tesla delivery people do not have a good reputation for honesty.

Wait time is now long because October's Y production is going to Europe. Price increase because no demand problem with October's production going to Europe. Getting a Y fast at a discount was the summer special. Summer is over.

• Disagree
Reactions: garu
I think everybody should order MY today or tomorrow and absolutely don`t wait one more day - Tuesday for Battery day.
Battery day will only bring price increase without any positive changes to MY.
Actually if you wait you will get single cast (will decrease value of the car) and more range ( car will be heavier! )
I would suggest current owners also to order one, just in the case of future price increase so you can sell it and make profit.

Wait time is now long because October's Y production is going to Europe. Price increase because no demand problem with October's production going to Europe. Getting a Y fast at a discount was the summer special. Summer is over.

How many we should get?
Is it allowed to purchase more and resale them on ebay after price increase and no availability to make profit?

• Funny
Reactions: am_dmd and kevin1
I think everybody should order MY today or tomorrow and absolutely don`t wait one more day - Tuesday for Battery day.
Battery day will only bring price increase without any positive changes to MY.
Actually if you wait you will get single cast (will decrease value of the car) and more range ( car will be heavier! )
I would suggest current owners also to order one, just in the case of future price increase so you can sell it and make profit.
Is this what people are talking about when they say they will invest in TSLA?

Elon's next trick..... :p

Unicorn.png

• Funny
Reactions: Arctic_White

AFAIK, there are no Y deliveries scheduled for Europe this year. The plan has been to only ship them from Europe and I doubt that will change this year, if at all.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
even without integrated batteries there are major benefits , you heard what he said, correct?

10% mass reduction
14% range increase opportunity
270 fewer parts

No mention of how moving to front/rear single castings alone may improve range. The range increase seemed more related to the new battery architecture vs single castings.

The majority of questions submitted were related to Retail but Elon only answered the battery-related questions.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 4.17.39 PM.png

Last edited: