Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the last drop at the start of April was only a few hundred but didn’t affect orders. The one at the start of the year was like a 3.5k drop which was nice. There’s seems to be room for wiggle but usually the drop occurs closer to the start of the quarter so doubt there will be one til maybe start of next order based on order numbers
Maybe Tesla will discount in early May and give the benefit to the 500 patient VIN holders with cars stuck in Singapore🪰. ing 🐖

• Love
Reactions: Dannerz
we desperately need more charging sites
I went into PCC Elder Street carpark the other day where there are 12 charging bays. A few months back these were always half unoccupied. Not any more and I counted at least a half dozen other Teslas in normal bays on my trip to the top of the carpark. No one moves once cars are charged as there are usually no free bays to move to. The other PCC sites only have 2 bays each for electric vehicle charging.

I went into PCC Elder Street carpark the other day where there are 12 charging bays. A few months back these were always half unoccupied. Not any more and I counted at least a half dozen other Teslas in normal bays on my trip to the top of the carpark. No one moves once cars are charged as there are usually no free bays to move to. The other PCC sites only have 2 bays each for electric vehicle charging.
Charge 30c a unit minimum for the electricity and it will free up some bays.

Who is feeling optimistic about the 500 stuck in Sing getting loaded onto World Spirit this week? I am trying to not get my hopes up but failing quite miserably at this task. On a side note, is a free paint correction from Tesla too much to ask after bare paint sitting in the tropical rain and sun for six weeks? #wheresmyf*ckingtesla

Who is feeling optimistic about the 500 stuck in Sing getting loaded onto World Spirit this week? I am trying to not get my hopes up but failing quite miserably at this task. On a side note, is a free paint correction from Tesla too much to ask after bare paint sitting in the tropical rain and sun for six weeks? #wheresmyf*ckingtesla
Yeah I’m also cautious about getting my hopes up, world spirit still isn’t down in the Fremantle port schedule or anywhere else but the molace tracking. Hopefully that changes in the next few days.

Due to depart Thailand in the next 2 hours.

World spirit port schedule:
19/4 - Singapore
22/4 - Laem Chabang
25/4 - Port Klang
27/4 - Singapore
04/5 - Fremantle?

Reactions: Stu F
19/4 - Singapore
22/4 - Laem Chabang
25/4
26/4 - Port Klang
27/4 - Singapore
04/5 - Fremantle?

Destination changed to port Klang after departing laem chabang, date showing 26th for arrival. Should take about 56 hours to arrive at 18 knots so best case scenario is late on the 25th or early 26th. I’d expect a delay in arriving to Fremantle to the 5th of May at this stage unless they somehow make up time in port Klang and Singapore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stu F
A bunch of Model Y RWDs just appeared in WA inventory.
Anyone without a VIN and happy to change their config to suit may want to snap one up.

They look like 7/8 April builds, so don't expect to see them arrive in WA until late May/early June.
I have emailed my Tesla advisor to find out the process to change it over to the existing stock. There is one that is the same as my config, except for the EAP, which i think they can activate it via software. Not sure if i will lose that $400 order fee with my current order.
They have assigned a MY to my order, but i have not received a VIN yet. Not sure how far I am from getting a devlivery. I just wait patiently.

I have emailed my Tesla advisor to find out the process to change it over to the existing stock. There is one that is the same as my config, except for the EAP, which i think they can activate it via software.

If that's the only difference then you should be able to edit your config to add EAP, and that car will be assigned to you.

They have assigned a MY to my order, but i have not received a VIN yet.
If they've assigned a car then you should have a VIN - and these "inventory" ones wouldn't arrive any sooner than the one that's already yours.

Have you tried the Chrome Extension to look for a hidden VIN?

Have you completed all the outstanding "tasks" in your Tesla account?
Are you waiting on a trade-in offer from Tesla?

If that's the only difference then you should be able to edit your config to add EAP, and that car will be assigned to you.

If they've assigned a car then you should have a VIN - and these "inventory" ones wouldn't arrive any sooner than the one that's already yours.

Have you tried the Chrome Extension to look for a hidden VIN?

Have you completed all the outstanding "tasks" in your Tesla account?
Are you waiting on a trade-in offer from Tesla?
Keep it short, everything you said above is 'spot-on'.

Just got off the phone with Tesla. The one in the inventory is on the same ship as the one they have assigned to my order.

I checked this morning and there was no hidden VIN, yes at that time i still had the Payment step to complete. I have just completed the last Payment information step in my order on the phone with Tesla. After refreshing my Tesla account/order details page, The VIN finder extension picked up the VIN, hallelujah.

He told me my MY is on the ship that has left Shanghai on 8th April and it is going straight to Freo port. Though, he could not tell me the ETA when that ship will arrive. I double-checked with him if my car is one of those 500 Teslas waiting in Singapore, he said no, it is coming straight from Shanghai. Umm, i hope someone here can confirm.

FYI, I ordered MYRWD, MSM, Black interior, EAP on 24 March, a MY assigned to my order 21 April, today 24 April, VIN assigned, next steps.... don't know.

Buggered if I can see them

Check your filters?

There's a year old ex-demo on there as well now, but most of them are brand new.

1682329765554.png

19/4 - Singapore
22/4 - Laem Chabang
25/4
26/4 - Port Klang
27/4 - Singapore
04/5 - Fremantle?

Destination changed to port Klang after departing laem chabang, date showing 26th for arrival. Should take about 56 hours to arrive at 18 knots so best case scenario is late on the 25th or early 26th. I’d expect a delay in arriving to Fremantle to the 5th of May at this stage unless they somehow make up time in port Klang and Singapore.
World Spirit is now on the Fremantle port schedule :)

Reactions: Morri and Dannerz