Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: dbldwn02
i scheduled mine (via the mobile app) for the 19th. Will see if they cancel it. As it does say scheduling now. They did change it from Mobile Service to Tesla Facility. So maybe that is a good sign. Will see.
The email I received for the Infotainment Upgrade stated that I was to wait until I received an email invitation to purchase the upgrade. Why are you expecting Tesla to cancel it? Are you saying that your scheduled an appointment without such an invitation?

The email I received for the Infotainment Upgrade stated that I was to wait until I received an email invitation to purchase the upgrade. Why are you expecting Tesla to cancel it? Are you saying that your scheduled an appointment without such an invitation?

The email tesla sent out (to everyone) said “now scheduling” for 2.5 + FSD on the linked site. So I assumed that was their notice. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Gt1948
The email I received say "Available Now — Your Infotainment Upgrade", the email explicitly talk about my model S and FSD: "As an owner with Full Self-Driving configured..." and just to schedule it. I suspect availability is dependent on the region you are as both Robotpedlr and I are in the Seattle area.

There is always I chance they don't get the needed parts on time or run out.

seems like a lot of negativity on this upgrade, despite the fact that this is literally what 2/3 of this forum have been complaining for.

I've excited at least. I was talked out of buying an MCU2 75d for an inventory MCU1 100d. I don't regret that decision because I'd still choose the larger battery over a faster screen, but obviously I'd rather have both. The car was already over 6 figures. What's another 2.5k?

Agree completely. I'm 100% happy, might even spend a couple of hundred more to get the new tuner added as well. This restores my faith in Tesla. Short of including a free Roadster, I'm not sure how it could have made me happier. This is a perfect solution, and I'm in Canada, where it's not even mentioned/offered yet.

Thanks Tesla, you have at least the two of us here who are completely happy with what you are offering. You guys are the best.

No FM/XM is a deal killer.

So call it a $3000 upgrade (or whatever), and stop complaining. You know -FOR SURE- that if Tesla had done that, people would complain that it's too expensive. Keeping the price down makes it more accessible for all of us to afford, and for the -VERY- few who actually need AM/FM/XM, for slightly more, they can have it.

So call it a $3000 upgrade (or whatever), and stop complaining. You know -FOR SURE- that if Tesla had done that, people would complain that it's too expensive. Keeping the price down makes it more accessible for all of us to afford, and for the -VERY- few who actually need AM/FM/XM, for slightly more, they can have it.
Im fine if that’s really an option. I’ll wait for my current one to die and then upgrade.

Im fine if that’s really an option. I’ll wait for my current one to die and then upgrade.
The world's most expensive FM radio?

This one is "only" $350 and is wicked cool.
rrrretrorrradio.jpg

Did anybody get the actual upgrade? I have 2.5 and FSD but it does not show on the available upgrades yet.

You won't be eligible until you receive an email saying so.

"Eligible owners will be invited by email to schedule an appointment to purchase and install the Infotainment Upgrade through Tesla Service."

Infotainment Upgrade

Agree completely. I'm 100% happy, might even spend a couple of hundred more to get the new tuner added as well. This restores my faith in Tesla. Short of including a free Roadster, I'm not sure how it could have made me happier. This is a perfect solution, and I'm in Canada, where it's not even mentioned/offered yet.

Thanks Tesla, you have at least the two of us here who are completely happy with what you are offering. You guys are the best.
+1

Reactions: drklain
Can you name 2 people that Tesla has done this for? My car falls In this group and I would love to have my car up-dated.
I have AP 2.0 with FSD so I should be in the late March group. Didn't even get the email telling me to wait for an email yet.
Same here. Has any 2.0 FSD owner received an email?

Personally I am inclined to take the upgrade. But boy would I be upset if FSD ends up not working with MCU1 and eventually MCU2 needs to be provided as part of FSD. I’ve seen evidence of both in this thread alone, but I kind of do suspect they’ll make MCU1 “work”.

Reactions: dbldwn02