Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be worse.You could not only be trashing your productivity but also be trashing your credit card by ordering accessories just to make you think that 'something is happening'. Key fob, sunshade, touch-up paint, QI charger, screen protector, center console wrap protection, 18" wheel hubs... all from Tesla USA or Aliexpress. ... you'd be mad if you ordered those and 5 out of the 7 were already on the way to you.

It is worse! Today the mailman brought vinyl wrap door handle stickers the same colour as my paint. A few days ago he brought some tins of plasti dip to black out the chrome around the windows.

My work productivity has fallen off a cliff and I'm not sure if I can still be classed as an employee. I hit reload on this thread about every twenty minutes, and check shipping schedules. When people talk to me I look back at them with distant eyes.

When I told my wife that people were tracking ship schedules from San Francisco in anticipation of Model 3 deliveries she said “they have too much time on their hands” - I reassured her that it was all being done in everybody’s work time so it’s fine... :)

It could be worse.You could not only be trashing your productivity but also be trashing your credit card by ordering accessories just to make you think that 'something is happening'. Key fob, sunshade, touch-up paint, QI charger, screen protector, center console wrap protection, 18" wheel hubs... all from Tesla USA or Aliexpress. ... you'd be mad if you ordered those and 5 out of the 7 were already on the way to you.
Buy something usefull like some decent car cleaning gear from wax-it

Glovis champion also en route to sfo.

Triumph ace still at pier 80. Somebody said it's bound for belgium? But I don't see that.

Yes. sfgate.com are quoting it departing today. Here is the source Ship traffic, July 12. A tug is nearby now so it will depart in a few hours for Belgium.

Glovis Champion is scheduled to arrive to SFO on July 21. It is currently near the Panama Canal.
Vessel details for: GLOVIS CHAMPION (Vehicles Carrier) - IMO 9651113, MMSI 538005127, Call Sign V7BE7 Registered in Marshall Is | AIS Marine Traffic

Last edited:
No change to the source code in my account. I'll be watching much closer now. Once I have a VIN, I'll be tracking the ship its on using the
Wallenius Wilhelmsen website, as I've done for all my previously ordered cars.

@Ranu, I'm one of "those" people... But my wife knows it and just accepts it now.

Australian/ NZ Configurator has CHANGED!!

Premium Connectivity (1 year included):
Looks like they are now restricting it to 1 year free then have you have to pay a yearly fee

Homelink Location Aware Garage Door Opener
Now also removed from the AU/NZ configurator. This changed back on April 1 for most countries but stayed in Australia up until a week or 2 ago. It's a US$300 option elsewhere and now here as well.

So do all existing orders placed before they changed it get honoured? Fairly certain the Australian Consumer Law wouldn't allow them to change some of the advertised features and not honour it but I have not doubt they will try to screw us over regardless.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
Australian/ NZ Configurator has CHANGED!!

Premium Connectivity (1 year included):
Looks like they are now restricting it to 1 year free then have you have to pay a yearly fee

Homelink Location Aware Garage Door Opener
Now also removed from the AU/NZ configurator. This changed back on April 1 for most countries but stayed in Australia up until a week or 2 ago. It's a US$300 option elsewhere and now here as well.

So do all existing orders placed before they changed it get honoured? Fairly certain the Australian Consumer Law wouldn't allow them to change some of the advertised features and not honour it but I have not doubt they will try to screw us over regardless.
Because we haven't paid the full price of the car, we most likely get screwed over.