Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at past history, I’ve followed 3 shipping theories in the past for 3 tesla deliveries. On each occasion I was advised that the vessel had just left, but have never had confirmation of the vessel name. Oddly on each occasion the portal said my car had just left the factory as it came off the boat. Model 3 is probably treated differently as they arent made to order as such, but any model s or x buyers awaiting an end of august delivery should see the same changes in their portal.
Curiously on all three occasions the departure to deliver time was always the same (within a day or two), and tesla always just made it in time based on the original promised date.
To keep it simple, my most recent tesla was promised ‘end of september last year’. It departed 17 august and arrived with me 26 sept including a day from melb to adelaide. It arrived in adelaide 23rd sept late at night. I didnt stay up or stalk the yard. Note the ship went nz - melb - syd so adelaide was about the same time as sydney. The previous delivery was nz-syd-melb.
On this historical basis, and given all tesla models and variants are currently promised end of august, a ship should leave around 17 july. The cars will all be made ‘just in time’. I dont have a car on order this time, but my best guess is Seoll express on 15 july or Cap Capricorn (this boat already hosted my tesla) on 22 july. You will know the vessel once our good friends in NZ start recieving notifications to collect. It could also be cars are on both these ships.

Is anyone else going absolutely nuts waiting for their Model 3 to get here. I thought waiting for eBay items was tough but this is the same 'I can't wait' feeling multiplied by 400.

In the last two weeks I've watched everything YouTube has about Model 3's. My work productivity has fallen off a cliff and I'm not sure if I can still be classed as an employee. I hit reload on this thread about every twenty minutes, and check shipping schedules. When people talk to me I look back at them with distant eyes.

Is anyone else going absolutely nuts waiting for their Model 3 to get here. I thought waiting for eBay items was tough but this is the same 'I can't wait' feeling multiplied by 400.

In the last two weeks I've watched everything YouTube has about Model 3's. My work productivity has fallen off a cliff and I'm not sure if I can still be classed as an employee. I hit reload on this thread about every twenty minutes, and check shipping schedules. When people talk to me I look back at them with distant eyes.

Your work productivity has fallen off waiting for the model 3? Lol, wait to you take delivery of the car!

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok

I'm glad its not just me. Productivity is at an all time low...

Haha..so funny isn't it? The wait is killing all of us, isn't it? BTW, paid the $1500 deposit the week M3 reservations were available and paid the $3000 pre-payment as well the very next day after bookings were available. Didn't make any difference in priority queuing whatsoever at all. I just think I could make a deposit today and still get a M3 in August rather than having endured the long 3+ years waiting time.

Counting down the days until we take delivery of our M3. Excited to be jumping on to the electric highway.

Reactions: Vedaprime

It could be worse.You could not only be trashing your productivity but also be trashing your credit card by ordering accessories just to make you think that 'something is happening'. Key fob, sunshade, touch-up paint, QI charger, screen protector, center console wrap protection, 18" wheel hubs... all from Tesla USA or Aliexpress. ... you'd be mad if you ordered those and 5 out of the 7 were already on the way to you.

• Funny
Reactions: T3SLA3 and bay74