Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it in good condition? I was thinking about asking for a trade in but my cars a bit old, 2008 and has over 240k on the clock, and has some side skirt damage, so I figured it wasn't worth asking.
Yep, it's in good shape - automatic, 123,000kms, well looked after. We're trying to get $7,000 for it at the moment (wanna buy it? :)), but haven't had much interest so far - hence we thought we'd enquire about the trade-in.

If we don't get any nibbles soon, I guess we'll drop the price a bit more and see what happens.

Post checkout last night, I sent an email to melbournedelivery _at_ tesla.com requesting date of birth fix. Received reply this arvo stating DOB is fixed.

So when I log in, I don't see my birth date anywhere. I'm in NSW and paying cash. I can't retrieve/view everything I entered such as licensed details etc.

So I'm wondering where people see the birthdate they entered.

Would you mind suppying the first four of the last 6 digits, I can tell you the vin reg dates, and we can work out the range of cars, and therefore rough quantity to be delivered?

It is a Dual motor vin you have there

No problem,

5YJ3F7EB1KF4883XX

It is correct that it is a Dual Motor. The Tesla Vin people on Twitter have the production of this car as July 25 to Aug 1. So that sort of pans out. I have no further expertise in VINS so I will leave it to you!

Ok. It is from the same July 7 batch as the kiwis, but 350 later than their first.

Edit, correction - Their range is a tight band of 150. Now not all numbers are necessaily used, but this takes the band to 500-600 - and no uk vehicles have been assigned in this range.

There could be lhd in this range also, so a few caveats and assumptions

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Saoirse
Source code also now has this info

"amountFinancedVal":0,
"amountDueAtDeliveryVal":91153.06,
"amountDueAtDelivery":"$91,153.06",
"currentAmountDueAtDelivery":91153.06,
"salesTax":"$95.46",
"fees":"$8,282.60",
"tradeIn":"$0.00",
"paymentDetails":[
{"amount":"-$1,500.00","rawAmount":-1500,"paymentDate":"1\/4\/2016"},{"amount":"-$3,000.00","rawAmount":-3000,"paymentDate":"31\/5\/2019"}],
"monthlyPayment":"",
"amountFinanced":"$0.00",
"amountFinancedPos":"$0.00",
"totalCashPrice":"$95,653.06",
"vehicleTotal":"$87,275.00",
"baseVehiclePrice":"$86,400.00",
"docDeliveryFees":"$875.00"

This would be correct, as the amount owing on the Order agreement worked out to 91947, which allows for the VIC stamp duty reductions.