Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've paid mine now, but I had mine sitting in my mortgage offset account. meaning I was essentially saving ~3.5% interest, tax free.

That is the sensible way of doing it. Keep it in redraw or offset and earn nothing (hence no tax) but save the equivalent of your variable HL rate. My day job is finance and you would be shocked how many people have a mortgage that allows this and leave 10s of thousands of dollars sitting in an acct earning 0.5%.

• Funny
Reactions: Xylarr and baillies
Good luck getting 3%!

It's sitting on my offset account, so that is saving me more than 3% (3.39% as of today). Anyhow, points raised earlier that it would be infuriating to miss the delivery date if my payment hadn't cleared on time.

So I've paid just then.

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where everyone is ready to give their money away to Apple.

Reactions: andygen21
I'm glad i got this off ebay as I feel day on reservation holders will never get their little something special.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Love
Reactions: jaykaye
Well, I only just got the invoice and delivery is next Monday, I've already failed that requirement :)

They are asking for funds cleared in their account 48 hours before delivery.

It takes 24-48 hours to transfer funds depending on the bank. I got the invoice today at lunch after a call at 9:30am, and went to process the EFT request at 4pm.

The funds should get to Citibank between 4pm Tuesday and 4pm on Wednesday. I'm assuming most bank processes run overnight, so will likely be there by Wednesday morning, which should be about 48 hours before my pickup time on Friday at 9am... Cutting it close :)

They are asking for funds cleared in their account 48 hours before delivery.

I didn't read a 48 hours requirement anywhere.

The invoice states:
The beneficiary account number listed above is unique to this order. Cleared funds are required in our
account prior to the release of any vehicle. This tax invoice only is valid/executable upon delivery.

Cheques of any kind are not accepted.

In any case, I think you'll be fine. Though seeing on how swamped they are, I'd be more concerned that they screw it up somehow and overlooked that the payment did arrive.