Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hoping for the Brotonne. Warrnambool would push it to very late September, and I don’t want to have to wait that long. :(

Neither do I. I spoke with Macquarie this evening, just wondering how long approvals are good for (90 days) and they mentioned that they have heard Sept/Oct now from Tesla. (obviously take with a grain of salt as Tesla don't seem to tell anyone much of anything). They may also be referring to ongoing deliveries.

Insurance companies use actuaries to calculate the risk profiles of various cohorts. It doesn’t matter whether you think your individual risk profile is higher or lower than that of the cohort you are assigned to - your premium will be based on what the actuaries conclude.

If you think the actuaries have got it wrong, and you think your risk profile is lower than what any public insurer thinks, then you can self-insure. So, how confident are you that is the case?
My driving history suggests I would have been way better off self insuring providing no-one else was using the road

I am a little surprised Tesla uses 12v Lead based battery for this that they purchase. Tesla is really good at battery tech, so it would be easy for Tesla to make their own 12v Lithium based battery for this by just using 3x serial - 10x parallel small pack consisting of 30x 2170 cells that would give them 12v 48A pack for this and would last for the life of the car and be lighter than Lead based option and way more reliable and better with deep cycling also.
I’m very confident that the very clever world leading (for cars and storage) tesla battery engineers have considered the car 12v battery. Lithium batteries dont like being held full, and at a rough guess this is one of the prime problems with the 12v battery

Your Amex platinum card is not the same as mine. My card do not earn David Jones points. My card also does not have a cap in earning.

I also won't pay $1425 on fees. In the way I use my points, the point worths much more than 0.7 cents. I will earn points of value 1.5 x of the surcharge.

I also don't have to increase my bank transfer daily limit and contact Tesla to confirm if they have received my payment.

I believe everyone in here are smart enough to do their own homework and make good decisions.

I don't judge others and I don't like being judged.

I come here to talk about my Model 3 order not about the credit card fee and how to use it wisely.

I just tell everyone what I know about paying the final payment with credit card and didn't suggest anyone to do so.

Can we focus on the Tesla that we have been waiting for years?

I second that. We have a AMEX platinum and love the perks that come with it. Every purchase on the card is insured, points promotions, lounge access, platinum invites to select events, dining etc. They help me spend my hard earned money without making me feel guilty, the shifty bastards..

Reactions: MonicaPlease
F609335C-16A0-47B4-8670-276D960A9197.jpeg
Can someone who is on Twitter please ask Elon when AUS/NZ will get white interior as an option on SR+ and LR AWD, as in the UK and IRE? Thanks!
Done

• Love
Reactions: Hovean and Vostok
I’m very confident that the very clever world leading (for cars and storage) tesla battery engineers have considered the car 12v battery. Lithium batteries dont like being held full, and at a rough guess this is one of the prime problems with the 12v battery
...yes they considered it but the reason is economic not technological. A LiFePo or Lion battery can be safely and effectively used in vehicles with 12v systems its just more expensive.

...yes they considered it but the reason is economic not technological. A LiFePo or Lion battery can be safely and effectively used in vehicles with 12v systems its just more expensive.
You might be relating to ICE cars not tesla cars. To compare the technology of the two is somewhat pointless.
My understanding is that the main battery keeps the 12v battery full at all times. Happy to have that corrected if someone has some facts otherwise. If this is the case, lithium would last a very short period of time.