Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got a call from Tesla couple of hours ago. Scheduled delivery for 24th September, but said it's ready to go. Now scheduled for this Saturday 21st at 11.30am!!!

White SR+, November 2018 reservation holder and ordered on 31st May. Looks like things are finally moving along in Melbourne
They must be working late if they're making calls at 7pm+. Still holding out hope that I get a call tomorrow to come pick up before the weekend :( Otherwise we wait until the 25th..

I had delivery of my P3D+ in WA today. It was scheduled for 10am but ended up closer to 12pm due to the freeway closure this morning. The driver was nice, didn't know much about the car and apologised for the being really dirty because it had been raining all morning.

I rang the DS, went through the basics - he was really helpful, patient and answered all my stupid questions. The car had 68% charge when it arrived so I plugged it in and went to DOTWA to get my custom plates. It's sitting on 12A charging off a 15A socket.

I got to check it over properly later this afternoon when the rain finally stopped. The rear seats had been laid down for some reasons and for quite a while, this had left imprints in the leather from the belt buckles, I am hoping these will fade out over a few days. On of the rear passenger seat belts was not routed correctly below the side bolster so I fixed that. Three window rubbers weren't seated correctly and there are some light/dirty fingers printers from the delivery drivers on the B pillar. All of these will be easy enough to fix when I get a chance to detail the car properly.

I took it for a good drive, put about 150km on it and wow, the power, ride comfort and sound system are amazing. Single foot driving is so natural after a few kms but I have found the steering a bit vague for the first inch of movement off centre.

I like it alot and can't wait to start modifying it.

Has anybody heard anything about the noise makers (Pedestrian Alert) availability as an add on? Elon said every car from Sep 1st has it. Mine of course is a 4430XX built 10/7/2019 so loooong before they added it. But I really do like the idea of it. I've been googling and haven't found any comment of it being an add on option at any point.
This is only being added in the US market due to regulations. If you want it you may be able to ask about a retrofit.

This is only being added in the US market due to regulations. If you want it you may be able to ask about a retrofit.

Actually it was mandated for all new EV's in Europe from July 21st this year. Note that's 'new models'. Existing models have to have it added by 2020.

And according to this - it will be mandated in Australia soon too.

Electric cars in Australia to include safety sound | Vision Australia. Blindness and low vision services

So I strongly suspect that it really is 'ALL' model 3's have it since Sep 1. But my question is retrofit - I think it's a darn good idea. I want it.

So I strongly suspect that it really is 'ALL' model 3's have it since Sep 1
Well, you'd be wrong because Tesla don't have to put them on European models until 2021 when it actually becomes mandated for existing cars or in Australia when they can be bothered getting round legislating for it (it will likely take years).

As for retrofit, as I said you'd need to ask Tesla.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
got a call from Tesla couple of hours ago. Scheduled delivery for 24th September, but said it's ready to go. Now scheduled for this Saturday 21st at 11.30am!!!

White SR+, November 2018 reservation holder and ordered on 31st May. Looks like things are finally moving along in Melbourne

Hi
wondering what autopilot hardware you get Down Under? Here in Europe we get in Model 3 SR+ without FSD HW2.5 delivered.
Would be good to know if the whole world is still getting HW2.5?

Ok ... so it not really about the battery pack (which I gather half the time is just a invisible software switch), its the motors that make them LR

Ahh, range is most certainly mainly about the battery pack. Then less (but still somewhat significant) about the weight, ride height, both rotational inertia and aerodynamic profile of the wheels. As a wild card throw in the fact that if your Dual Motor AWD reads P- rather than LR (same ride height, weight, battery wheels) then you are most likely going to floor it occasionally (different software - it allows extra amps to flow and whilst it destroyed the V8 next to you at the traffic lights it also destroyed your range). This, in my opinion is a very good thing. - it gives you choice.

The truely long range M3 is one that we don’t get. Nor do others anymore it appears. It’s the max battery pack with just the RWD more efficient PM motor. I still would not swap it for a P- though. (Just a personal opinion).

Hey Folks - silly question. I was just looking at Cap Capricorn's movements after it hit Botany Bay on Aug 16th. It then was in Melbourne on Aug 20th and Adelaide on 24th.

CAP CAPRICORN - Container Ship (IMO: 9649835, MMSI: 636015660) | MyShipTracking

Reason I'm puzzled is we've all been thinking ALL the Tesla's were offloaded in Sydney. But wouldn't it have been more sensible for them to offload Melb cars in Melb and Adelaide cars in Adelaide.

I'm just saying - has an assumption been made and we're missing some ship/car spotting elsewhere?

It is true the ships go on to Melbourne, and sometimes Adelaide. Unfortunately, we know tas fact they are all unloaded in Sydney for centralised logistics and distribution with Autonexus. The final proof are the many convoys we see heading south. It is just the deal that was made. It might have something to do with mass EV logistics which we know Autoenexus has been adapting their business model to.

Got the call 2 days ago and invoices today.
Pick up in Richmond 27th September.
Sr+ pearl white
Build date 8/8/19
Vin 4987xx
I thought ANL Warrnambool but that left on the 8/8/19 so not sure. If it did make the ship not sure it would have got much of a QA check on the way out the door.
Spreadsheet updated

If the delivery date holds true I won't have a chance to get my HPWC installed before work the following week which is going to be interesting with a 230km round trip commute (Geelong to Dandenong) .

Thanks for the info. It would have been on Merkur Ocean leaving 11th August and not made ANL in time. I will update.

Reactions: Bousa