Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that was quick- Tesla Australia response:

“At this stage we’re not sure exactly what parts and accessories will be available or when but we are looking into it and are hoping to launch to Model 3 parts and accessories locally in the coming months.”
Sometimes what you're looking for may be listed as a spare part rather than an accessory.
I bought the red Tesla Euro adapter, 32 and 20 Amp cables for my Model S UMC. They fitted nicely in the UMC's bag but not with the UMC in it. :eek:
When I was at Alexandria I asked them about it and they found the UMC bag listed under spare parts not under accessories, so I bought one for the adapter and cables so I have 2 matching bags in the boot, one for the UMC and the other for the Euro adapter and cables.
You may find the Model 3 Wheel Caps are a spare part rather than an accessory, so a Service Centre may be able to order them for you.
I'll try and remember to ask when I take my car in next week for the CCS2 upgrade, presuming they don't cancel it like they have done to others. :(

Sometimes what you're looking for may be listed as a spare part rather than an accessory.
I bought the red Tesla Euro adapter, 32 and 20 Amp cables for my Model S UMC. They fitted nicely in the UMC's bag but not with the UMC in it. :eek:
When I was at Alexandria I asked them about it and they found the UMC bag listed under spare parts not under accessories, so I bought one for the adapter and cables so I have 2 matching bags in the boot, one for the UMC and the other for the Euro adapter and cables.
You may find the Model 3 Wheel Caps are a spare part rather than an accessory, so a Service Centre may be able to order them for you.
I'll try and remember to ask when I take my car in next week for the CCS2 upgrade, presuming they don't cancel it like they have done to others. :(

Could you please also ask about 150kW charging update for AU superchargers?:)

Brisbane SC at least does not have parts yet (nor any ETA for them) for the CCS2 charger upgrade. Will advise when I hear any different, if someone else doesn't beat me to it. I scheduled the upgrade for early July plus a few other little niggles, so I may hear more F2F.

There is a good chance that international orders have already started to be produced (painted) given anything in the last few days is unlikely to be delivered. With s/x AU production often started in the last week of the quarter. It is also possible that production of flat white won’t start for many weeks, although who knows it could have already started:)
Even if international production has started this week, Tesla has not registered any RHD VIN-s since May. The last batch of new VIN-s was registered on 22 June and did not contain any RHD either, so the probability that they have started producing RHD M3-s is very slim as usually they need to register the VIN before the car is assembled.

Group buy on Tesla MOdel 3 wheel cap kits! :) A fiend and I have both ordered the SR+ with aero wheels and you can’t buy the wheel cap and lug kits here unless you go through ebay and get them shipped or drop ship them. I’ll take two of the $50US wheel caps kits if you can buy em and lug them halfway around the world haha.

Seriously though I’m in Melbourne and don’t want to go through all the hassle and extra cost of drop shipping the things. The USD to Aussie conversion is $50USD = $71.50 AUD. Then with drop shipping it would probably end up costing $100 for the kit. I’d rather give you some extra $’s for a couple of kits than some nameless drop shipping Company.

I bought a set of Basenor wheel caps from Amazon for U$50 and had them shipped via Aus Post Shop Mate as Amazon US doesn't ship here . Cost A$35 including $10 discount just for shipping. Never again!
All these accessories are made in China anyway. I wish I'd seen TapTes, a HK company that ships to Australia for free. Doubts about quality were allayed by checking customer reviews for the items on Amazon US (amazon.com). I've bought a wireless charger and I'm considering a carbon fibre console cover. Their wheelcaps look good.
Aero Wheel Center Caps/Hubcaps Set for Tesla Model 3

Here they are on Amazon US with reviews that compare them to OEM:
https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Model-...DDE7&qid=1561679988&s=gateway#customerReviews

Last edited:
Tesla advised the FSD will cost the same amount after delivery.
Save on luxury car tax
True, but FSD price may go up again between now and delivery (registration). Hence I included FSD in my original order to fix the price, but will then probably cancel it the day before registration and add it back the day after registration (depending on how much FSD has gone up since order date).

I bought a set of Basenor wheel caps from Amazon for U$50 and had them shipped via Aus Post Shop Mate as Amazon US doesn't ship here . Cost A$35 including $10 discount just for shipping. Never again!
All these accessories are made in China anyway. I wish I'd seen TapTes, a HK company that ships to Australia for free. Doubts about quality were allayed by checking customer reviews for the items on Amazon US (amazon.com). I've bought a wireless charger and I'm considering a carbon fibre console cover. Their wheelcaps look good.
Aero Wheel Center Caps/Hubcaps Set for Tesla Model 3

Here they are on Amazon US with reviews that compare them to OEM:
https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Model-...DDE7&qid=1561679988&s=gateway#customerReviews

Same hub covers (same stamping as amazon reviewer photos) in other colours... in an ideal world the grey matches the rims.
US $15.4 12% OFF|4Pcs 58mm car auto wheel center caps hub cover emblem logo badge For Tesla MODEL S X 3 Stainless Steel Car accessories-in Wheel Center Caps from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
... I went for a different logo that didn't have a 100% ngseb tax on it.

True, but FSD price may go up again between now and delivery (registration). Hence I included FSD in my original order to fix the price, but will then probably cancel it the day before registration and add it back the day after registration (depending on how much FSD has gone up since order date).

I’m not buying Elon’s “the price will keep going up as the car will be an appreciating asset”. There is a point where the feature becomes so expensive that virtually nobody bothers with buying it...and they’re rapidly approaching that point.

At $8000 and with true full self driving still being a distant dream, apart from the hardcore fans most buyers are not adding FSD. At some point Tesla will want FSD sales money and I’m sure they will drop the price to get more buyers.

I’m not buying Elon’s “the price will keep going up as the car will be an appreciating asset”. There is a point where the feature becomes so expensive that virtually nobody bothers with buying it...and they’re rapidly approaching that point.

At $8000 and with true full self driving still being a distant dream, apart from the hardcore fans most buyers are not adding FSD. At some point Tesla will want FSD sales money and I’m sure they will drop the price to get more buyers.
I think that FSD ( whenever it becomes available) will be extremely valuable to car owners. However I agree it is not certain that Tesla will keep increasing the price as they promise, but it it has already gone up since I placed my M3 order.

Reactions: T3SLA3
I think that FSD ( whenever it becomes available) will be extremely valuable to car owners. However I agree it is not certain that Tesla will keep increasing the price as they promise, but it it has already gone up since I placed my M3 order.

Agreed, I think the FSD price increase was a marketing stunt to Instill a certain urgency in people to buy it rather than wait. I’d be very surprised if there is another increase this year or in fact until end of next year or whenever they have an FSD that is truly far more capable than currently.

Yep clever idea. Cover both bases. But definitely don’t buy before signing on the day if it hasn’t changed - saves over $2500.

Autopilot was provided in australia around 3 years ago. Ignoring functions that other car companies already have and at the time had, such as active cruise control and auto parking, and ignoring the prime features at initial delivery which were auto steering and collision avoidance, the only new feature delivered since that first release is the ability to move your car back and forth using your phone, known as basic summon. We dont even have stop light recognitian yet. 3 years ago I was promised my tesla would read my diary and be out at the kerb at the right time to meet me. Still got the marketing material. It hasnt been delivered.
I’m not joining the enthusiasm for paying thousands for a promise that has been made every few months for the past 3 years with no delivery. But we have games to play on our big screens. I’m also not buying the promise that ‘this time the hardware is capable of FSD for when the software catches up’....heard that for each of the past 3 versions.