Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Australian/ NZ Configurator has CHANGED!!

Premium Connectivity (1 year included):
Looks like they are now restricting it to 1 year free then have you have to pay a yearly fee

Homelink Location Aware Garage Door Opener
Now also removed from the AU/NZ configurator. This changed back on April 1 for most countries but stayed in Australia up until a week or 2 ago. It's a US$300 option elsewhere and now here as well.

So do all existing orders placed before they changed it get honoured? Fairly certain the Australian Consumer Law wouldn't allow them to change some of the advertised features and not honour it but I have not doubt they will try to screw us over regardless.
My experience with changes during an order is that tesla always do whatever is in the customers favour. During my purchase last year, the price dropped just after I ordered. They gave me the drop. Before delivery a new delivery charge came in. They didnt charge it to me. Tesla are seriously bad at communication, but very good to deal with when buying. In 4 purchases I’ve never left unhappy.
Also my model S purchased last year only had one year of premium connectivity.

My experience with changes during an order is that tesla always do whatever is in the customers favour. During my purchase last year, the price dropped just after I ordered. They gave me the drop. Before delivery a new delivery charge came in. They didnt charge it to me. Tesla are seriously bad at communication, but very good to deal with when buying. In 4 purchases I’ve never left unhappy.
Also my model S purchased last year only had one year of premium connectivity.

I can see them doing that with pricing changes as its very easy to do but I wonder how that works with hardware. I suspect that IF they decide to honour the free included Homelink Garage door opener this will almost certainly not come with the car (given likelihood that none have it on the production line) but may decide to offer it to us as aftermarket install for free.....I imagine they will 1)not want us to know about it and 2)try to charge us US$300 first :p

Also has anyone noticed that it also says:

• Premium Connectivity (1 year included):

• Satellite maps with live traffic visualization
    • In-car internet streaming music and media
    • More frequent over-the-air updates via cellular
    • Internet browser

I think they may find this comes back to bite them because either way it's not accurate, and seems like copy-pasta.

Also has anyone noticed that it also says:

• Premium Connectivity (1 year included):
    • Satellite maps with live traffic visualization
    • In-car internet streaming music and media
    • More frequent over-the-air updates via cellular
    • Internet browser

I think they may find this comes back to bite them because either way it's not accurate, and seems like copy-pasta.
I noticed that too, I think it’s an intentional change. As some have mentioned, other cars have a browser enabled, as long as you’re in park, you can use it. Having only a year connection makes sense if you have the browser, as you’d expect more data usage.

As far as the copy-pasta comment, this must be a new computer function you can use in the kitchen too? Sounds tasty regardless, bring it on. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok
Ageement to Purchase. You agree to purchase the vehicle (the “Vehicle”) described in your Vehicle Configuration from Tesla Motors Australia, Pty Ltd.
(ACN 142 889 816) (Motor Trader Licence VIC: MCT-0011441, NSW: MD 033250, QLD: DL 3964113, WA: MD 26362) or its affiliate (“we,” “us” or
“our”), pursuant to the terms and condi1ons of this Agreement. Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order and you can confirm availability with a Tesla representative. Options, features or hardware released after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle.

Reactions: T3SLA3 and m4rtin
Just checked now and its been removed
It looks like they removed the browser from the 1.Car selection where you compare the partial premium with premium interior, however if you choose Performance model from the 1.Car tab and then go on to the 3.Interior tab, it still lists Internet Browser there.
So if you have already put a reservation in, you can take a screenshot of that and request it when car is delivered if it no longer lists there then :)

It looks like they removed the browser from the 1.Car selection where you compare the partial premium with premium interior, however if you choose Performance model from the 1.Car tab and then go on to the 3.Interior tab, it still lists Internet Browser there.
So if you have already put a reservation in, you can take a screenshot of that and request it when car is delivered if it no longer lists there then :)

It seems odd there's no level of detail in the order confirmation for this kind of thing.
When getting an insurance quote (CBA) I noticed it had more detail of what was included with the M3P than even Tesla had provided.

Does anyone have a series of configurator screenshots for the M3P from ~ 6 June 2019 they're willing to share?

"Premium Connectivity adds satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming music & media and over-the-air software updates via Wi-Fi and cellular."

What do i actually get by way of in car streaming with premium? Is Tesla just providing the streaming functionality or do I still need to provide a subscription to a streaming provider? eg TIdal etc

"Premium Connectivity adds satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming music & media and over-the-air software updates via Wi-Fi and cellular."

What do i actually get by way of in car streaming with premium? Is Tesla just providing the streaming functionality or do I still need to provide a subscription to a streaming provider? eg TIdal etc
Don't know about the M3 but MS with wi-fi and cellular gets google maps with traffic (delayed somewhat, so not as good as Waze), Spotify premium, Tune In Radio and ota updates