Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... on a bit of a tangent - while we are all waiting (love those "bored" photos, especially the PV charging station!).

Has anyone else felt a bit weird filling up their car with petrol recently?

At my most recent visit at the petrol station, I thought it might be the LAST time to fill her up, but now I believe I will require ONE or TWO more tanks of petrol, before I can kick that habit for good...

Also, just driving my car, I am very much aware that soon it will probably feel very different taking that corner, moving across that intersection when the light turns green or even just idling (how I hate the thought of all the fumes being generated from cars just standing idle in the traffic).

My Model 3 might still only be on a ship heading for OZ, but in spirit, it is already very much with me...
I always feel wierd at the petrol station, especially if the cops are around. They generally interrogate me....every. Time.
Evidently I look suspicious.
“Sir why are you at a petrol station in a tesla?”
It usually end with the cops declining an offer for a drag up the street, and the loser goes to jail.

• Funny
Reactions: BarnabySydney
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I just visited a Tesla dealer in Sweden yesterday and they told me the towbar for the model 3 must be ordered before delivery as it cannot be added after delivery. There is no towbar option for Australian orders so what are we supposed to do?
It has been discussed and people have expressed their opinions that this should be able to be fitted in Australia after delivery as our legislation does not prohibit it as EU legislation does, however there has been no official response from Tesla, so if you purchase the car and expect this to be available shortly, you may not get what you expect. So until there is an official response from Tesla, expect there to not be a towing option until some aftermarket company in Australia makes one and certifies it here.

... on a bit of a tangent - while we are all waiting (love those "bored" photos, especially the PV charging station!).

At my most recent visit at the petrol station, I thought it might be the LAST time to fill her up, but now I believe I will require ONE or TWO more tanks of petrol, before I can kick that habit for good...

Yes, but we will still have that cheating VW diesel. My partner wants to keep that and get rid of the Peugeot 308. Luckily the class action trial on the VW is in September and hopefully if we win they will have to buy it back and we can get a 2nd Tesla!

Meta. I am quoting myself being quoted.

Australia readies for Tesla Model 3 arrival, first photos released | The Driven

Bridie did a good job simplifying the ship situation. I’ve reached out to her re references to Brisbane arrival instead of Auckland. She is going to change.

Weird being quoted in articles. This isn’t the first time either in the last couple of weeks. People just want their cars.

Vedaprime

Thanks for your posts on ship movements - I too enjoy following your posts.

I have a small problem though with the quoted Sydney arrival date for the Cap Capricorn vessel on the 16th of August.

I thought the ship would go to Port Botany, but when I checked the following website,

Daily Vessel Movements | Port Authority New South Wales

No Cap Capricorn is shown to arrive on 16th (nor any time up to 19th) in Port Botany.

Or do I need to head out to Port Botany on the 9th to check what is getting unloaded from the Seoul Express?

Not important, since the cars will arrive with or without me tracking them, but interested in your thoughts?!?

Reactions: Fantomsss

Also, just driving my car, I am very much aware that soon it will probably feel very different taking that corner, moving across that intersection when the light turns green or even just idling (how I hate the thought of all the fumes being generated from cars just standing idle in the traffic).

My Model 3 might still only be on a ship heading for OZ, but in spirit, it is already very much with me...

I just sold my car (I'm away for work for the next two weeks). No more filling the car for me! :)

Reactions: 1st in Line
I feel exactly the same too. Keep saying good bye to the ol’ pump. I have scrubbed my geezer clean and will list it on trade me as soon as my delivery dates are fixed.

• Disagree
Reactions: paul3
It seems crazy that a towbar has been approved, they provide the option in other countries to have a factory one fitted, but no dice for us. I had an aftermarket one fitted to my Citroen and I always regretted not getting the factory one because it integrated better with the electrical side of things (disabled the reversing sensors, etc). I would consider waiting for this to become available but who knows when (if ever) that will happen.

• Helpful
Reactions: maveric74