Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just reached out to the folks at NEVDIS like I did when I ordered my BMW, as they receive all VINS that are imported into the country and upload them so they can be registered. I will let you know what I hear back. These are bulk uploads usually right before or when the vehicle hits the port.

@Vedaprime

Update:

Of course they have refused this initial request, so I've just submitted a Freedom of Information request for the number of VINs submitted by Tesla for the Model 3... public information at its most basic.

Last edited:
477DC301-80A1-4652-B294-9C0DAE6194BA.png
From carsales, weak dollar?

Reactions: Dave3333
Except when you've had the holiday, that money is gone. At least when you buy the more expensive car, some of the value still exists as an asset. Don't get me wrong, holidays are great, but funds directed that way are gone forever.

Now you're getting into deeper discussions of value of money.

The memories i build with my wife and children, and the learning/ inspiration they take away from the holidays is worth more than the list money to me

Reactions: paulp and bay74
Now you're getting into deeper discussions of value of money.

The memories i build with my wife and children, and the learning/ inspiration they take away from the holidays is worth more than the list money to me
I think I agree with you, time like you describe is priceless. But the type of holiday or how much it costs doesn’t make that time more valuable. It’s not a tangible or arguable commodity and that’s not what I was saying.

In principle, containers can be offloaded at any port - Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth.

In practice, once offloaded Tesla then needs to check the vehicles over and get them ready for delivery. That's easiest in a centralised warehouse (or similar) - and they're not delivering enough volume, even with the Model 3, to justify having one of those in every Australian city with a port. I could see them opening up such a centre in Perth, given the geographical remoteness of WA from the east coast, but pretty much everywhere else would be sourced from somewhere on the east coast. Which almost certainly means Sydney.

It's nice to dream, but realistically, you're not going to see Tesla cars offloaded from the ship in Adelaide any time soon. Not unless volume surges dramatically, and frankly, I can't see that happening. Not at current pricing.

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

... oh. Wrong forum. Never mind. (I've never even played Half-Life ...)

Tesla has confirmed to me it will be delivered to Perth by truck from the east coast on multiple occasions

I think I agree with you, time like you describe is priceless. But the type of holiday or how much it costs doesn’t make that time more valuable. It’s not a tangible or arguable commodity and that’s not what I was saying.

I rethink you're partly right. My kids are 11 and 10 so at a very impressionable age. My plan is to take them to the US to see singe inspirational things they can't see in Australia. Tesla Fremont factory, NASA sights, rocket most especially rocket launches etc with a view to inspire them and show them some amazing things. Whilst we did a lot of local holidays too, this sort of holiday is not cheap.

As someone who has waited 3 years+ just to get the Model 3, I can understand you are feeling a bit jaded waiting for FSD.

I appreciate that many of Elon's time based predictions are at least partially aimed at motivating his employees to go above and beyond what is usually possible. At the same time, I also do not underestimate the practical and technological difficulties of getting to FSD.

.... and yet, how much longer will it take for mankind to get there? 50 years, 20 years? I doubt it. 10 years? Given the rate of technological progress? Given our "need" (the need is made increasingly pressing, by ever more competition for finite resources. Also keeping in mind that autonomous vehicles allow much higher utilisation of cars/resources, instead of having them sit idle in garages and parking spots) for this solution. I still think it has to happen much earlier than that.

As for puke, filth and cut leather, I am confident that this can be managed and that it does not represent an insurmountable obstacle for the adoption of autonomous driving.
I’m not actually waiting for FSD, and I didn’t buy my tesla for it. I just cant believe the number of people that are falling for the dream and paying cash for something that doesnt exist and is on a never ending promise. As for people taking care in your taxi, you have way more faith in humanity than me.

Communication is EVERYTHING- sadly everything that is superb by Tesla is let down by its poor communication skills in Australia, the departure of Tesla Australia's communication manager two weeks ago doesn't help (or does it?)
A bit of honest straight to the point information released to the buying public would massively reduce the phone calls and emails that waste time and keep model 3 buyers filled with anxiety.
Tesla’s communication skills in Australia are appalling. If their communications manager has departed it can only improve. Its very fortunate they they have amazing products to sell.

Reactions: SaturnV
Tesla has confirmed to me it will be delivered to Perth by truck from the east coast on multiple occasions
Yup, that's what I'd expect. My comments about possibly opening up a centre in Perth relate to possibilities down the road, should there be sufficient volume in WA to justify it. Right now, I don't see it happening - they'd want a lot more cars being sold in the general area to justify the cost, I'd say.

Reactions: andygen21