Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A question for you all

We paid a $1000 USD deposit a while ago, in my case it was NZ $1455.60 ( exchange rate at the time was .687 cents to the NZD )
How much credit does this go to my account?
I see Tesla's hidden text saying I've paid $4372.00 already
so subtract the $3000 deposit and it comes to $1372.00 not $1455.60

I know in the global scheme of things this is fairly irrelevant but it did get me thinking just what it should be...

A question for you all

We paid a $1000 USD deposit a while ago, in my case it was NZ $1455.60 ( exchange rate at the time was .687 cents to the NZD )
How much credit does this go to my account?
I see Tesla's hidden text saying I've paid $4372.00 already
so subtract the $3000 deposit and it comes to $1372.00 not $1455.60

I know in the global scheme of things this is fairly irrelevant but it did get me thinking just what it should be...
Yeah, I was looking at that last night too, although we paid in AUD, so it came out as expected for me, and my outstanding balance seemed correct (given the fact that stamp duty changed after I ordered).

Yeah, I was looking at that last night too, although we paid in AUD, so it came out as expected for me, and my outstanding balance seemed correct (given the fact that stamp duty changed after I ordered).
Looking further it looks like they have taken our $1455.60 NZD and converted it to AUD $1372 then subtracted that as $1372 NZD
Hope it comes clean in the wash ( I guess to a programmer in the USA, NZ and OZ look fairly close so surely they use the same currency...

• Funny
Reactions: Dave3333
Tesla model 3 at st leonards

Just saw one of the press cars (blue Sr+) at the St Leonards office.

I work at 33 Herbert st st leonards (in the same building as their head office). Was in the basement and saw something that looked like the model 3 and wandered over.

It was parked next to a sweet orange roadster.

I had to leave but will be back at the office later today. Hopefully it's still there.

• Love
Reactions: rioli33 and jaykaye
Just wondering if anyone has this issue and had a solution: I'm filling in the trade-in section but when I click 'next' a spinner shows up for a short period and then goes away and I'm unable to proceed. I've tried filling in the form from different computers and clearing my cookies to no avail =(

Just wondering if anyone has this issue and had a solution: I'm filling in the trade-in section but when I click 'next' a spinner shows up for a short period and then goes away and I'm unable to proceed. I've tried filling in the form from different computers and clearing my cookies to no avail =(
I did have an issue trying to upload the front side of the second registrants driver's licence, but switched my region to US to do that step and it worked fine. Maybe try that? Although it did reverse my wife's birthdate as a result... (which Tesla have since fixed).

I don't see a number in the source code on mine. Just filled in delivery details yesterday after getting the sms to do so.

I’ll just leave this here... :)

27C13C87-D703-4A0C-8CF9-48562C4E60D0.jpeg

Just had a call from Tesla rep in Melbourne, this is after filling out the registration and delivery details as prompted by SMS.

Expected timing to be towards end of August and progressing through September, definitely before end of September.

The longer 7m cable HPWC is the default option included with all Australian deliveries. No need to specially request if that is what you wanted. I guess it means if you wanted the shorter cable you should be asking for that. The HPWC is provided at same time as the car, not before.

Just had a call from Tesla rep in Melbourne, this is after filling out the registration and delivery details as prompted by SMS.

Expected timing to be towards end of August and progressing through September, definitely before end of September.

The longer 7m cable HPWC is the default option included with all Australian deliveries. No need to specially request if that is what you wanted. I guess it means if you wanted the shorter cable you should be asking for that. The HPWC is provided at same time as the car, not before.

I really hope if it has to be in September it atleast happens in the first week

I really hope if it has to be in September it atleast happens in the first week

Well to clarify, I ordered after the first window of estimated August deliveries had closed. The website showed estimated September delivery when I placed the order for SR+.

I was just surprised to get the SMS today which seems to be the same timing as the early first batch of estimated August delivery orders.

So I'm not understanding why my Cash Price is over $100k in the HTML

HTML Excerpt:
"approvedLoanAmount":"$62,798.00"
"interestRate":"3.9%"
"amountDueAtDelivery":"$33,918.10"
"downPayment":"$0"
"downPaymentVal":null
"baseVehiclePrice":"$86,400.00"
"docFees":"$875.00"
"vehicleTotal":"$87,275.00"
"salesTax":"$7,934.10"
"fees":"$6,007.00"
"tradeIn":"$0"
"payments":[{"paymentDate":"29\/7\/2017","rawAmount":-1500,"amount":"-$1,500.00"},{"paymentDate":"23\/6\/2019","rawAmount":-3000,"amount":"-$3,000.00"}]
"amountFinancedVal":-62798
"amountFinanced":"-$62,798.00"
"amountFinancedAbs":"$62,798.00"
"totalCashPrice":"$101,216.10"
"amountDueAtDeliveryVal":33918.1

2019-08-15_105158.jpg

In the image I've uploaded it shows the Total price being $93,292 and this is apparently not including the $4,500 I've already provided from the reservation and the Order Payment.

Therefore the price should actually be:
$93,292 - $4,500
which makes $88,792
$88,792 - financed amount ($62,798)
Total: $25,994 left to pay (which I'll be paying as the deposit.

Where has the extra $7,924.10 come from?

All I can think is the sales tax as it's closest by $10, but that would be included in the total as seen in the image provided.

Have I messed something up, or are they adding the sales tax on twice in their calculations?