Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it a direct transfer or Bpay? Check your transfer limits as you may not have one high enough to do it all in one go. You may need to call your bank to get it upped prior to sending. Depending on the method, their bank, your bank etc. it may be an overnight transfer (or even 2 days in limited circumstances) so a transfer after the cut-off on Friday evening would not be seen by Tesla until Tuesday AM. Simple answer is line up your ducks, understand your bank's limit and cut-off time, and do it no later than Thursday day. The interest is negligible (and if it is more the $6 a day please let me know what account you have!).

I'm with NAB (for what it's worth.)

If I do a transfer using Internet banking, my limit is currently $5000/day. (if I remember rightly.) I can increase that to an absolute maximum of $40,000/day. This means, in my case, doing three transfers over three different days (one transfer on each day).

Or I can go to a bank branch, show my ID and otherwise verify my identity to the teller, and do it all in a single lump sum that way. I'm leaning towards this approach - faster, simpler, and means that I'm not increasing my transfer limit to a level that I am very much not comfortable with.

Short version: get in touch with your bank and ask. This is not a difficult problem to solve.

You are being very generous assuming getting 3% in a working acct and then not paying tax on it! Mine at 1.5% and my company tax rate is more like $21 net a week.

As others have said: mortgage, sweet mortgage. Every dollar I put into mine saves me an effective 3.09% after tax (since the interest is not tax deductible). Or maybe 4.4% before tax. (Ballpark. Probably a bit more than that.) So for a $100,000 purchase, that's $3,090 per annum, or about $8.47 (again, after tax) per day.

I didn't read a 48 hours requirement anywhere.

In any case, I think you'll be fine. Though seeing on how swamped they are, I'd be more concerned that they screw it up somehow and overlooked that the payment did arrive.

It wasn't on the invoice, but in the email that accompanied the invoice, specifically:

"Bank transfer payments must be cleared 2 business days before pickup, and all the bank details are on the invoice."

Hope that clears it up :).

It wasn't on the invoice, but in the email that accompanied the invoice, specifically:

"Bank transfer payments must be cleared 2 business days before pickup, and all the bank details are on the invoice."

Hope that clears it up :).

Mine would have cleared Monday, and its currently scheduled for delivery September 16.. now that's wasted interest - but this car will not be slowed down!!!!

Reactions: kevinwithnall
42 fast-charging stations to be built by start-up Evie over the next year at a total cost of $50 million.
Almost 1 million dollars per charger... Why on earth?
That's the cost of 10 x M3P+'s per charger!

Even more dodgy when NRMA can build 40 for $10m

NRMA to build Australia's largest fast charging network

Apparently $15m is from ARENA so maybe the $50m is just a headline figure and isn’t real?

Ultra fast highway charging network for electric vehicles - Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
I will creat a seperate thread to track like NRMA

42 fast-charging stations to be built by start-up Evie over the next year at a total cost of $50 million.
Almost 1 million dollars per charger... Why on earth?
That's the cost of 10 x M3P+'s per charger!
I don't know how factual that is.

A Tesla rep told me that the Tesla chargers are approx $25,000 though, which I was shocked about, but still more believable.