Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my test drive of the red performance in Sydney.
Some comments.

LOVE IT!!!!

Got up to 50k per hour on the city streets. <wow :)>. One of them was from a standing start.
The regen when you take your foot off the accelerator felt so natural.
Looked in media menu and couldn’t find DAB. Asked sales person and she said to use phone. Not sure she really knew what DAB was.
Sales person was very confident there would be a 2.5% price increase in the next week or so, but not before the weekend.
Asked about delivery if I put an order in this week, there was confidence it would be mid to late October.

Got another test drive on Friday with the SR+ and my wife. Make a decision then.
No DAB in any Model S or X and won’t come in Model 3 either.
You can get any radio station you want from TuneIn and works anywhere there’s mobile data coverage.
If you drop the data package after the first year you can install TuneIn on your smart phone and stream to the car.

DAB at least in the UK is demonstrably worse than FM.
Been driving a car with DAB for 6 years. It is WAY WAY WAY clearer and crisper than FM in Australia. The only downside is less distance coverage from the transmitter compared to FM (in the same way that AM is better than FM).

But if you’re in range (which is all capital cities and Gold Coast and some other places), there’s no sensible reason to choose FM over DAB.

Cannot speak for the UK.

So Autonexus has a Perth operation and is handling things here too. For anyone wanting to see if anything is visible they're at:
21-25 Ilda Road, Canning Vale.
Hi Andy, Good info. Have you swung by? The train journey takes about 3 days direct from Sydney. Does anyone know if they are definitely coming by truck or train, train direct from Sydney, truck to Melbourne, then train? Add a few days either side for loading/unloading means the first lot should be getting pretty close. I need to head that direction today so might swing by and snoop.

Hi Andy, Good info. Have you swung by? The train journey takes about 3 days direct from Sydney. Does anyone know if they are definitely coming by truck or train, train direct from Sydney, truck to Melbourne, then train? Add a few days either side for loading/unloading means the first lot should be getting pretty close. I need to head that direction today so might swing by and snoop.

Why don't save the trip out to Canningvale and just use the spy cam Perth model S buyers set up nearly 5 years ago!

I went out there between appointments, but Baile road is closed northbound. By the time i went around half the ridiculously long detour i was running late so had to abandon the trip

Last edited: