Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Swung by on my push bike, pretty hard to see much from the front, since I was on a bike went around the back, again pretty hard to see much as totally packed and no Tesla's in sight. Unless you were to catch the truck arriving with your webcam its going to be tough to see anything. Probably better to try and work out when the trains arrive??

I both thank you and curse you at the same time. Now I'm going to be investigating train schedules /sigh

This invoice number question is an interesting one. In NZ the earliest number I've seen for a Model 3 is 46. Mine was 160. Given how low that first number is it cant be the same numbering as MS and MX - even this year we've had more than that. So I'm going to assume its new for the M3, and in that case we're up to 160 of them invoiced already. Which is pretty amazing really.

• Love
Reactions: andygen21
Is the Wall Charger gen 1 (hardwired) or gen 2 (nema 14-50 plug)? Also double checking there is no nema 14-50 adapter supplied for the mobile connector?
The wall charger to Model 3 CCS AC comes with a 7m cable. The CCS AC plug includes a button to open the charge port door, using RF I presume.

There is no supply cable included. The installation manual shows the base has large screw terminals for 3 phases, neutral and earth.
In my case I will just be using single phase 20A. The wiring to my garage is quite long and only 6mm.

• Informative
Reactions: Shrike_AU
VIN appeared in source for me today for the first time.
5YJ3F7EB7KF443xxx

Sydney
MSM P+ black interior
Reservation: late May 2018
Ordered: 1 June 2019
Not on spreadsheet (at time of posting)
I have not contacted Tesla in any way outside of the website btw i.e. not emailed or phoned to hassle them

The wall charger to Model 3 CCS AC comes with a 7m cable. The CCS AC plug includes a button to open the charge port door, using RF I presume.

There is no supply cable included. The installation manual shows the base has large screw terminals for 3 phases, neutral and earth.
In my case I will just be using single phase 20A. The wiring to my garage is quite long and only 6mm.
According to Australian standards, 6mm is rated to 40A before any possible derating

Just received my invoice! Was emailed - not yet showing on my Tesla account - number 469...
Build date = 10/07/19 and Odometer = 4km... :)
interesting that on my original invoice (which was #164) kilometers for my VIN 4434XX was 7. The invoice had to be reissued so that it was made out to the leasing company and it became a 400 number. The kilometers then increased to 9 for the same VIN!

Just checked my account (no phone call) and found delivery changed to Wednesday next week.
So now that makes it NO August Deliveries in Oz ?
View attachment 447291

Someone in the TM3 facebook page got his delivery changed from Monday September 2nd to this Friday. So there will be at least one person with a Tesla taking delivery in August.

Mine is scheduled on August 33rd.