Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 11.48.54 AM.png

They'd have to pry mine out of my cold, dead fingers, mind you.

If someone challenged me to drive the new Kona or any other random car that I had zero interest in I'd refuse that just as quickly as your workmates dismissed test driving a Tesla, Teslas are great and some of your mates are missing out but they're far from a one size fits all car.

I am going to make as much time as possible to join Uber or Ole or DiDi as a driver so that I can:
a) Justify the amount of time I plan to spend driving the car, and
b) expose as many people as possible to Tesla and their cars

It will take a couple of months to get to all the family, friends and work mates I have down for a drive, but after that, I figure getting up for work an hour earlier, or home an hour later just to give 1 or 2 people a demo will be a good way to get the word out. The car probably qualifies for a luxury fare, but I should be able to select the standard category to get more hits.

Plus I can give out cards with my referral code and use the pocket money for regular detailing and toys for the car. :D

I am going to make as much time as possible to join Uber or Ole or DiDi as a driver so that I can:

It will take a couple of months to get to all the family, friends and work mates I have down for a drive, but after that, I figure getting up for work an hour earlier, or home an hour later just to give 1 or 2 people a demo will be a good way to get the word out. The car probably qualifies for a luxury fare, but I should be able to select the standard category to get more hits.

Plus I can give out cards with my referral code and use the pocket money for regular detailing and toys for the car. :D
Expect to pay A LOT more insurance, if you can get insured for ridesharing.

Yeah I think doing things like that is definitely the best way to show people and get the word out about Tesla's, I also want to get the word to friends and coworkers without coming across as annoying about it like the stereotypical militant vegan or crossfitter.

• Funny
Reactions: tom_kauf
In Victoria at least you can look up the VIN on the VicRoads website based on the registration number, which is prominently displayed on your vehicle. I suspect that nefarious uses of the VIN are nothing but paranoia, at least in Australia.
Well most cars on the road, you can see the full VIN through the front windscreen. So if you walk through a parking lot or camp out any Tesla charger, you will get plenty of VIN numbers. I doubt you can use any of them to perform identity theft or else they would not be publicly visible on most cars.

Reactions: WoodWombat
Since I've put my order in I have found discussions with friends/colleagues quite interesting. Most people I speak to, who are in the market for a new car in that price range, have had fleeting thoughts of Teslas but really quickly discount the brand and move on without actually a) knowing much about it, b) knowing anything more about electric cars other than FUD and c) having ever driven an electric car or a Tesla specifically. And this is a group of people that are educated/intelligent professionals and actually have the resources to educate themselves quite easily.
The most interesting bit is that when I challenge people to go have a test drive, they just refuse to do so - not sure why that it.

Based on that (albeit small sample) I don't think we'll see much on carsales tbh - will be interesting to watch.
Are those business people? If so, business people generally aren’t very intelligent.
By my estimate, real estate agents have the highest earnings to IQ ratio on the planet & scientists the lowest

I've been thinking of doing this too! For all the same reasons

That’s really admirable of you. Good stuff!