Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I

If that is right, the VIN ship assumptions are incorrect. That was meant to be on Cap Capricorn I believe...

Hard to say with info. We really haven’t been told info about “car is on the ship” before.

There is no evidence yet of this. We have seen only a single cap range move to Kota. So it is possible a range was pushed back. But moving a range range almost 5 weeks seems unlikely.

I know all this talk about VINS etc is important but i need to focus on something else #TeamVinless.

Whats really important is what songs are you people putting on your playlist to give the new sound system a workout ?

Whats the first thing you will play loud after getting the car?

This won't be everyone's cup of tea, but this will be one of my early ones - La Mer - Live

Many others of a wide variety are also planned, of course!

I know all this talk about VINS etc is important but i need to focus on something else #TeamVinless.

Whats really important is what songs are you people putting on your playlist to give the new sound system a workout ?

I have loaded my entire music list onto the new 256Gb SSD I got as a welcome home present for the Tesla.

For the first song I am thinking ACDC Thunderstruck or Back in Black, or Madness - Driving in my Car, or Skrillex Bangarang, or maybe ELO Mr Blue Sky, or Pink Floyd Wish you were Here. Very hard question.

Ah, finally a good question! I am thinking that I might start out with something eclectic, like Russian Folk Metal giant Arkona's "No moey zemla", follow it up with some Tyr or Sabaton and then maybe some Bach, perhaps the fifth of his Brandenburg concertos.

Re Sound System test... yes! This is something I've been thinking about seriously.

As tempting as it is to list just my fave tracks there are songs that are better at testing a systems true dynamic range.

Once upon a time Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd) was regarded as the gold standard for testing new home stereo systems, but it doesn't hold up against today's age of RIDICULOUS COMPRESSION.

I'll be testing with :

- Around the World (Daft Punk) ... the big kick and frequency swept intro are a good test of the low frequencies
- 7empest (Tool) .. from the new album which is *exceptionally* well mixed and not overly compressed. This song is blowing my brain even on the old system.
- I remember (Deadmau5) ... the smooth vocals and big EDM kicks are a good test for most systems overall clarity / range and Joel is a masterful producer whose attention to audio quality really shows in his overall production
- Cello Suite #1 - Prelude (Bach) ... test clarity for a single instrument over a range of frequencies

And I also wish I could access this piece from YouTube in raw audio but I'll test it anyway because it's INSANE.

- Paganini Caprice no. 5 (Paganin / Sumina Studer)

Any other suggestions?

I have loaded my entire music list onto the new 256Gb SSD I got as a welcome home present for the Tesla.

For the first song I am thinking ACDC Thunderstruck or Back in Black, or Madness - Driving in my Car, or Skrillex Bangarang, or maybe ELO Mr Blue Sky, or Pink Floyd Wish you were Here. Very hard question.

That's a good playlist, but you're going to need another 1000+ songs or a list of podcasts once you realize how much extra driving you'll be doing.

Reactions: TMacinAus

Well, it's in Australia so an Australian band would be fitting - Like Icehouse. It's also Electric and Blue.

...so maybe "Dedicated to Glam"

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok and Dave3333
ANL Warrnambool is unloading in Auckland this morning. 4882xx - 4892xx vins + maybe some 517xxx.

I've been told (yesterday via email) my 5YJ3F7EB1KF4436xx vin car isnt yet i the country

Those two statements are difficult to reconcile. Hope the first one is correct, as 4882xx is the range with my hidden VIN in it. If it's the second one then I'm in for a(n even) long(er) wait.

Same.

Not sure if I start with something older like Hendrix/Floyd/Tull or go straight to something newer like maybe A Perfect Circle or split the difference with Fair to Midland and/or System of a Down or just hand it over to some local/Aussie bands like Guards of May/Butterfly Effect/Rival Fire.

Re Sound System test... yes! This is something I've been thinking about seriously.

As tempting as it is to list just my fave tracks there are songs that are better at testing a systems true dynamic range.

Once upon a time Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd) was regarded as the gold standard for testing new home stereo systems, but it doesn't hold up against today's age of RIDICULOUS COMPRESSION.

I'll be testing with :

- Around the World (Daft Punk) ... the big kick and frequency swept intro are a good test of the low frequencies
- 7empest (Tool) .. from the new album which is *exceptionally* well mixed and not overly compressed. This song is blowing my brain even on the old system.
- I remember (Deadmau5) ... the smooth vocals and big EDM kicks are a good test for most systems overall clarity / range and Joel is a masterful producer whose attention to audio quality really shows in his overall production
- Cello Suite #1 - Prelude (Bach) ... test clarity for a single instrument over a range of frequencies

And I also wish I could access this piece from YouTube in raw audio but I'll test it anyway because it's INSANE.

- Paganini Caprice no. 5 (Paganin / Sumina Studer)

Any other suggestions?
Try this:

I will most likely play some Imagine Dragons

I only have 5774 songs on it at the moment but love some of the suggestions. I will have to find a copy of that Paganini Caprice no. 5 and research a couple of the others mentioned by Dylan for testing.

At 17 songs per hour I've estimated 17 songs per 100kms of Highway/country driving, 50 songs per 100kms of built up slow city driving, at 15,000kms per year highway driving you will need 2550 songs, at 15,000kms per year city driving you will need 7500 songs, you may suffer some "music range" anxiety in the city!!!
These are the semi-pointless calculations I end up doing in my head while driving long distance with no new music to listen too!

Good morning all. I am new to this page so I will introduce my self. SeaWitch is my call sign and I must say that I don’t not have a Tesla...... YET. I have been doing research as I really would like a Model 3 but need to make sure it’s the right option for me. In my efforts of researching I came across this page and I have read all 376 pages. I can say it’s has been helpful, encouraging, discouraging, funny, thought provoking and very informative. So thank you all.

I really wanted to join so I can say that I am shocked that Tesla would send the cats over in containers on ships and not via RORO. I currently work industry and it does boggle me. I was however able to take a snap of one of the mentioned ships arriving this morning so I thought you all might be interested.
Thanks for having me and I look forward to reading more on your experiences.
352A8245-C5C1-4A6D-8FCE-AD14E8F15992.jpeg