Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the unknown quality power points, one option if you are desperate is to plug in the 10A tail and then set the car to only draw 8A. Sure you will only get about 1.7kW charge, but at least you will not set fire to the house. If you are really unsure, then start at 6A and then increase if nothing is getting hot.

The 10A tail only draws 8A anyhow. Yes you could dial it down further.

NRMA gave us a reasonable quote on the SR+ Although it does include a large no claims and a loyalty discount

Attachments

• 1A2E8E80-5555-4E4B-A801-30672975AF7E.jpeg
    1A2E8E80-5555-4E4B-A801-30672975AF7E.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 1st in Line
Rep phones last Thursday to push Monday delivery to Tuesday, different rep called today to push it to Wednesday now.. Still citing battery.
My delivery was pushed from the 30th August to 4th Sep, and then to 12th Sep due to the 12V battery issue, hoping no further changes as I'm already paying for my comprehensive insurance, and can't change the start date (was told I need to cancel the policy and apply for a new one online).

FYI, Random206 has added a field in the VIN spreadsheet to indicate whether or not FSD was selected in your order. Would be good if people could go through and update their responses (if you can be bothered) so that we can see if there is any correlation between FSD and delivery dates etc. Cheers!

Once Tesla has enough cars for the actual inventory, they will get published along with the VIN. There is no inventory as such as it looks likes cars can get moved from one state to another. Also sales comp is probably related to how many each state is required to sell e.g. sales quota.

Damn, still waiting (SR+ in Sydney), and it is my Birthday this week. Tell you a story (which you likely won't believe). I was 9. The class had an art contest. I drew a car. It was out in the sun. It was powered by electric motors attached to its wheels and powered by solar panels on its body. It was shaped like a triangle with a tiny stick figure as a driver. I called it the SunDaze (get it?). Anyway, it was 1972. Here I sit 47 years later. Still waiting. Elon, you weren't even born. Can I have a free one for inspiring you? BTW, I got second prize. Elon must have got first prize I guess (time travel likely involved)!

Have just noticed something new in my source code - I now have a "referrer token" which only popped up today (I think - it also has "5y" in it, which is how I found it when checking my VIN, and has never shown up before). At first I thought it might have been another one of those randomly generated character strings, but it's persisted through several "shift+refreshes" of my account page a few times today.

I think I am now officially way down the rabbit hole - grasping at tiny, probably meaningless text changes in my account hoping for faster progress!

Welcome cbrsr+ good to see another Model 3 for Canberra, what did colour/configuration did you order? Our cars may make the journey from Sydney on the same transporter

Hey, TaylorP! Thanks very much - so great to see plenty of Canberran orders and scheduling deliveries! Not sure where my first post went... I tried replying to your message about registration (where I wrote the wrong VIN) but it doesn’t look like it appeared.

Mine’s a pearl white SR+, reserved May 2018 and ordered July 2019 with VIN 4613XX. Guessing I need to arrange rego/plates too but haven’t been so by Tesla. Guessing it’s a straight forward process? Just trying to find the right info on Access Canberra so I can actually drive the car once it’s delivered!