Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine the disappointment. But at least it is communication
'A quick note from Tesla Delivery. We are currently processing a very high volume of orders. We appreciate your continued patience during this busy time and will be in contact to schedule your delivery as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for the call as it may not display a caller ID.'

• Funny
Reactions: TASKA9
Just received a call from a private number. Expected a telemarketer but was a woman who asked for 'Naomi'. When I said nobody here by that name, she asked again for 'Naomi RobXXX'. Said still not someone I've heard of, and they hung up.

Now I'm worried that the theory about the alphabetical list of surnames is correct, as I'd probably be listed immediately after this Naomi. If so I (and/or Naomi) probably just missed the call because the Tesla person read the name/number from the wrong line. :(

Next time someone calls for someone I've never heard of I'm asking them if they're Tesla Brisbane before I let them hang up.

Does anyone know if a Naomi R in QLD has ordered a Model 3?

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
Imagine the disappointment. But at least it is communication
'A quick note from Tesla Delivery. We are currently processing a very high volume of orders. We appreciate your continued patience during this busy time and will be in contact to schedule your delivery as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for the call as it may not display a caller ID.'

Same received here - they must be doing Sydney today... or the 488 VINs

I got the text too, and I was kind of optimistic that it was one of those please wait, “we will be in touch today “ texts, as those texts specify a time frame.

Unfortunately it was just a pacification text, so we will see when they actually call! :D Pretty sure everyone and their mom got that one I take it?

Last edited:
Just received a call from a private number. Expected a telemarketer but was a woman who asked for 'Naomi'. When I said nobody here by that name, she asked again for 'Naomi RobXXX'. Said still not someone I've heard of, and they hung up.

Now I'm worried that the theory about the alphabetical list of surnames is correct, as I'd probably be listed immediately after this Naomi. If so I (and/or Naomi) probably just missed the call because the Tesla person read the name/number from the wrong line. :(

Next time someone calls for someone I've never heard of I'm asking them if they're Tesla Brisbane before I let them hang up.

Maybe they were after Naomi Robson the TV current affairs host?

I don't know that Naomi, but I would not trust that they go alphabetically, as I got the call this morning, and I am at the very end of alphabet. It definitely is not in the order of ordering the car, as I ordered mine on 26 Aug. It may have something to do with the reservation time as I reserved in Jan 2018. Or may have something to do with the exact model and options and their availability. Mine is MSM SR+ with no other extras/changes.

Invoice received.

@Vedaprime , this is a 4617 VIN, Build and Compliance date of 24/7/19. Pickup date 23/9/19 Sydney.

@Random206 I've updated your excellent spreadsheet. Only one answer to change now, once I pick up the car!
Now my dilemma is when I get my car do I just delete the spreadsheet like it never existed or keep it running? Hmmm......

Just kidding, I wouldn't do that to you all.

I'll keep it going haha!

but I’m not paying anything until I inspect it. Can you inspect, accept, pay and drive away and then have the funds clear overnight?

Probably not, unless they let you see the car on a previous date. I said much the same thing when I was buying an inventory S, and they (Brisbane) called me to let me look over the car before they detailed it. So I got to see it warts and all (not that there were too many warts). I was impressed, because not many dealers will do that.

I
Just got a text from Tesla "A quick note from Tesla delivery. We are currently processing a high volume of orders. We appreciate your continued patience during this busy time and will be in contact to schedule your delivery as soon as possible"
just got the text too, along with a note about expecting a call from a private number. Arrived at 2:04pm

Melbourne, P3-, 4889xx