Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, whenever I asked if I should hurry, I was given a weak "no of course not", but was told several times that they had a lot of cars to deliver today.

Everything was pretty rushed.

Honestly, they should deliver them like a hertz rental car at the airport. Find your name on the board, go to your car, inspect it yourself, drive it to the gate and sign the paperwork lol.

Picked up my blue P3D- this morning. They want you out quickly !
It was the 6th Victorian delivery so far, first car got delivered last Friday.

Battery was 60% charged, previous firmware. Some scratches here and there (all small), finish and fitting is good. Now gotta learn how to navigate that computer.

How do they handle the scratches? They booked an appointment for the fix? Do you think they can be fixed by detailers? Thanks.

Honestly, they should deliver them like a hertz rental car at the airport. Find your name on the board, go to your car, inspect it yourself, drive it to the gate and sign the paperwork lol.

If it was a Hertz car I wouldn't have bothered checking that closely for scratches. As I knew it wouldn't impact me long term. Now I have a white mark on the bonnet, a 2cm square. I took pictures, I made them took pictures too.

Whomever detailed their car was pretty poor at it. Full of noticeable swirls. Now the car is already all dusty after only 50km drive, can no longer notices most of those scratches, but I KNOW THEY ARE THERE ! :D

According to the Facebook group, not everyone has received the text...

Sorry, I'm not on facebook. Could anyone clarify this? Was this just a blast text, or does it mean anything like the last one? I know with the last one they got into a little bit of heat because it said "we will call today" and they didn't get around to everyone so could this just be saying we will call, but lowering expectations?

Did it feel like they were trying to hurry you along?
Picked up my P3D- this morning in Cremorne (Richmond Service _ Melbourne), wasn’t rushed could take as much time, helpful but a different experience to the traditional car dealer. Light wasn’t the best to inspect in the delivery centre. Great car regardless of some minor items, cool driving on the Eastern with a Black 3 this afternoon.

Sorry, I'm not on facebook. Could anyone clarify this? Was this just a blast text, or does it mean anything like the last one? I know with the last one they got into a little bit of heat because it said "we will call today" and they didn't get around to everyone so could this just be saying we will call, but lowering expectations?
The last text to me said they would be in contact shortly (did not say the same day), so it was 4 days ago and today instead of texting me they called to schedule a tentative delivery for 30/09/2019. So "shortly" in their terms was about 4 days in this case. A bit excited about this, but I suspect they are sending those messages to calm the masses while they go on with making the actual calls.

Reactions: Vedaprime