Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of reports that their prices aren't that great, even when they do come through. Certainly the case for me -- the actual quote was much higher than the "indicative" one. (Yes, I know that the online indicative quote now says it's only for S/X and to call for TM3, but they only seem to have changed that after lots of people got cross about the big differences that were turning up.)
Existing AA clients have 7 days to insure a replacement car on their policy after taking ownership,

I see there are finally some Brisbane deliveries starting. I was curious and apologies if there is a post somewhere here about it buy have any Brisbane members looked into coating or wrapping?
I'm getting a ceramic coating as part of the lease, but it's the lease company organizing it and I just take it in after I get the car. I have looked at prices for PPF and while it would be nice, it was quite expensive.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Rego papers to sign finally came through today, hopefully a few other Perth ones coming through today for next weeks delivery fest

Same Perthboat. Got the invoice earlier this week and rego papers today. Too bad delivery is in late October.
I had to ask what the DECLARED AT field in the rego papers was for, turns out it's for the suburb you sign it in?

I see there are finally some Brisbane deliveries starting. I was curious and apologies if there is a post somewhere here about it buy have any Brisbane members looked into coating or wrapping?

I self applied ceramic coating - did a practise run on the golf before selling it and even with no experience and fairly haphazard application the end result was excellent. The only downside is that its fairly labour intensive and took 3-4 hours to clean car then apply but the cost is <200 for the liquid. No protection from stone chips though.

Wrapping is low 1000's up to 3-4k+ depending on partial vs full and I just can't see the return on investment over the life of the car for me personally but plenty of people find it's worthwhile. Someone mentioned a good way to judge is to look at an existing car with a few stone chips and think whether you'd spend 1.5k to fix those and if the answer is no then wrapping probably isn't worth it for you.

I self applied ceramic coating - did a practise run on the golf before selling it and even with no experience and fairly haphazard application the end result was excellent. The only downside is that its fairly labour intensive and took 3-4 hours to clean car then apply but the cost is <200 for the liquid. No protection from stone chips though.

Wrapping is low 1000's up to 3-4k+ depending on partial vs full and I just can't see the return on investment over the life of the car for me personally but plenty of people find it's worthwhile. Someone mentioned a good way to judge is to look at an existing car with a few stone chips and think whether you'd spend 1.5k to fix those and if the answer is no then wrapping probably isn't worth it for you.
Unless, of course, you can't buy the car you want in the colour you want.
That then can swing Wrapping to be a more attractive option.
I very much liked a silver Model 3 with the aero covers also in silver.
Changes them from a functional but not particularly attractive look to a mix that goes well together.

Due to pickup SR+ tomorrow at 10 in Sydney. Just got an unlisted call from Tesla. Thought they were going to push the date back but alas they just wanted to check I was still coming and that I had organised insurance (done of course). Also prepped me that it would be a 10-15 minute handover which is fine too. What a relief.
Spoke too soon. Tesla just called to advise there is damage to the rear quarter and it won’t be ready till next week! Hope they do a good job fixing it. I wish the delay was due to the 12v battery instead.

Spoke too soon. Tesla just called to advise there is damage to the rear quarter and it won’t be ready till next week! Hope they do a good job fixing it. I wish the delay was due to the 12v battery instead.
I had a pickup in Sydney yesterday, got cancelled at the 11th hour due to 12v battery and a large scratch. Got pickup now tomorrow 1:30pm