Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by Autonexus Adelaide and spotted 6-7 white Model 3s and at least 1 red. May have been more but the view wasn't great.

Attachments

• 20190913_160819.jpg
    20190913_160819.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 65
You'd be wrong then. What part of what I said was wrong? Do you think kids should be left to play in driveways?
Most parents don't think that they would be willing to bet a childs life on thinking they know where each of their kids are all of the time or that they always hit the perfect parent goal every day. Cars aren't toys and adults shouldn't be reversing a car when kids are on the drive way so kids shouldn't ever get run over by a reversing car, but it still happens because humans (big and small) make mistakes.

Reactions: 1st in Line
Most parents don't think that they would be willing to bet a childs life on thinking they know where each of their kids are all of the time or that they always hit the perfect parent goal every day. Cars aren't toys and adults shouldn't be reversing a car when kids are on the drive way so kids shouldn't ever get run over by a reversing car, but it still happens because humans (big and small) make mistakes.

Mine are too small to be trusted around cars alone so they are either inside behind key locked screen doors with my partner or holding her hand in view of me if outside. This is what my parents did and it's what I do now, it's simple and it works.

Reactions: Hagrid
Getting used to TACC and Auto-steer very quickly

The TACC is simply awesome, tracks the car in front amazingly well, and keeps exactly at the speed limit. Only small issues I have are once it stops at a red light behind another car, once it goes green, it takes a bit long to take off, I feel like the car behind me might crash into me. I am just touching the pedal to get it moving a second earlier. Secondly, you get very used to coming up to a red light behind another car and it slowly comes to a stop and waits for that car to move off. But then one time in 20, there are no cars in front of you as you come up to the red light, and it will just sail straight through. Need to really keep that in mind. But I am just using it on all roads, as it stops me speeding. If you turn it on on a 60 road, it wont go up when the speed limit changes. If you turn it on when speed limit is 80, it will change to 70 or 60 then back up to 80 on its own. But not all the time, I still havent worked that out. If it doesnt change, you just press the speed limit on the screen. Only had one instance where it didnt have the speed limit right up near Emerald (VIC)

Auto-steer isnt enabled by default, you need to turn it on in Settings. It is a still bit nervy as various youtube videos have said, particularly if there is a car beside you as you go around a curve but it does an amazing job. Still taking a bit of practise to hold the wheel with sufficient force that it knows you are there, but not so much that it thinks you are taking over so it disengages. I think on a freeway it wouldnt have any issues.

It is going to be more crowded at Garden City, but AMP promised an upgrade to T2 chargers 18 months ago (and more than just two bays). I go to gym class every morning and charge whilst I am there. A shop owner has a Model S and tends to charge in the afternoon. Fortunately Woolworths in Mt Pleasant now has six 22kW T2 chargers in its new underground car park! See you guys there.
Awesome! I’m nearby too. Look forward on seeing a flood of 3’s coming soon.

Still no excuse for the negligent parents running over kids. Kids should either be in the car or watched by an adult, not hanging around unsupervised in a driveway. It seems almost every time it happens the parents jump on the news blaming the car and everything else but themselves. It's so sad yet so easily preventable.

Can we keep the … " help me learn how to drive" stuff in another thread. Nothing Model 3 about this.

1k excess :eek:. I got an online RAC quote for $1180 with $500 excess and no claim bonus. Looks like
Had another reason to pass by Autonexus again to see if anything obvious to see for these delays. Low and behold, two truck loads carrying another 19? model 3's just offloading (at least one vehicle was a toyota and each truck carried 10 cars...I think?). Got a few photos and started videoing but was asked to stop. The employee said I could buy one if I wanted to take photos, and I told him I had. After that he was very apologetic but still wouldn't let me take more photos. Seems like these cars are trucked over after all...timing would roughly equate for round trip journey to Sydney since last offload on Sept 4th. The rear end of each lead car is splattered with bugs etc and both charge ports of the lead cars damaged/open. Looking very crowed at Autonexus so they must be not happy for delays getting the cars out...unless they are shipping them to some other place to sort out the 12V or whatever it is issue?? Attached are the photos of what I got. View attachment 454018View attachment 454019View attachment 454020View attachment 454021View attachment 454022View attachment 454024View attachment 454025View attachment 454026View attachment 454027View attachment 454028

Good work! I see a few white cars there but if I’m correct there were none with white interiors

A more important question ... are your kids excited about getting a model 3?
My son is very excited.
Mine are almost as excited as me, but they are 6 & 8 and easily influenced with talk of robot car capabilities :)
My son is 8 and I told him the car has games, and on occasion he could use the car steering wheel to play those. He cannot wait :p