Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So question about the reservation amount and purchase deposit.

I was reading my final invoice and it reads:
Total Settlement Amount: 70,634.00
Initial Deposit Applied: 4,500.00
Trade-In Value: -
Additional Deposit Owing: -
Less Deposit To Refund to Customer: (4,500.00)
Balance Payable: 70,634.00

Does that mean that my deposit is going to be refunded to me and the loan used to pay the entire amount owing? I would have imagined the loan was for the difference?

Does that mean that my deposit is going to be refunded to me and the loan used to pay the entire amount owing? I would have imagined the loan was for the difference?
My leasing company said that my deposit would be refunded. There is something in the agreement that says I can’t pay anything towards the car on a novated lease.

If you lease you get the deposit back, if you get a loan you have the choice of whether you get the deposit back or just get a loan on the difference.

Reactions: Danforged
My RACWA quote was $768 with full NCB and $500 excess for P3D+ (with FSD). As I scrubbed the FSD it may go down a little I hope.
That’s a good deal. I’ll need to call up the RACWA next week for another quote. The current one was an online one for the P3D+ and did not factor in my other cars with them which hopefully will make a difference. I notice that the quote is also slightly cheaper when the car has no finance on it. Not sure of the rationale for this.

That’s a good deal. I’ll need to call up the RACWA next week for another quote. The current one was an online one for the P3D+ and did not factor in my other cars with them which hopefully will make a difference. I notice that the quote is also slightly cheaper when the car has no finance on it. Not sure of the rationale for this.

If you ring them you will loose the $100 on line discount. Just log into your RAC account, in order to get your quote.

If you go personal car finance, the deposit will be taken off the car price and the financed amount will be that much less. If you go novated lease, there is legal requirement that the full vehicle cost be in that lease, so they will refund the deposit and put the full vehicle cost into the novated lease. However if I am not mistaken, novated lease can be done without paying GST, bringing the amount down again, but there may be clauses to that.

Can someone help me with the chronology here... did P3D- disappear at the same time white interior first became available on P?

And yes, the website reporting October deliveries for orders today seems... optimistic. :D

Hi,

Yes, the configurator updated on the morning of July 16 for all these at once.

Changes were:

• P- gone
  • P+ becomes mandatory for performance option (same price as P- plus performance upgrade pack was previously - $91,200)
  • LR AWD available (same price as P- was previously - $85,000)
  • Free paint is now pearl white
  • Black paint now $1050 option
  • White interior option now available but with P+ only - $1400
  • Delivery estimate move from August to September

The change that had happened prior to this in isolation was FSD going to $8,500.

Monica please! I don't know if you have kids but they do not understand about cars and reversing. The slightest slip up can result in a young child getting out near a vehicle unnoticed and tragedy can so easily unfold. I was lucky with my son, others not so. The latch on my parents in laws gate was dodgy and when I went to go to Bunnings one day the gate bounced and did not latch. My young son wanting to go to Bunnings with dad ran out unnoticed behind the car (station wagon with no camera in those days) as I was reversing. The first I knew about it was when I heard a thump. Fortunately it was slow speed but it hit him him hard enough to throw him to one side onto some grass. The rear tyre just ran over his t shirt and missed his torso. He was bruised enough that it took him seven days to be able to walk again. You cannot imagine the terror that grips you all the way to the hospital.

So sorry to hear about this. Glad he is ok. I have two of my own and know how easily these things can happen. But let me bring you back to the reason why the discussion came up. Was this with your Tesla? Do you think installing a speaker would have helped? I doubt it. But you know what *would* help? Making it a law that every house has a 1m high fence around their driveway. Then also making it a law that no Child is allowed out of the house without a high-vis vest on. Then also making it a law to..... You see where this is going. You could ride that slippery slope as much as you like (like we are now with our nanny gov and EV sound makers once they make it law) but all it does is shift responsibility as I said in my previous post.

Sorry, this is the last I will post about this in this thread. 13 days until I get my Tesla! Woohoo! I hope the late arrival or our ship to Sydney didn't affect the delivery date.

Last edited:
Is that high? My thinking has always been that the insurance is there for things that cause significant damage or total loss of the car, which tend to be extremely rare and where a $1k+ out of pocket expense is a pittance...

$1300 excess on Model S on AAMI here. Had a cracked bumper from a parking ding a while back. Replacement bumper plus labour was a fair bit more than that, so made the claim. It's not just for write-offs.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
$1300 excess on Model S on AAMI here. Had a cracked bumper from a parking ding a while back. Replacement bumper plus labour was a fair bit more than that, so made the claim. It's not just for write-offs.
It's also worth asking how much a claim will cost in ongoing lost discounts. Years ago I had a small bingle that was just over the excess amount. When I calculated how much making a claim would cost me over the next several years the real cost was much more than paying for the repair myself.

"Rating 1 for life" and such will prevent this, if you're in that position.

The few benifits of increasing age

Spray on coatings will always be poorer than directly applied ceramic coatings
Additionally, for spray on coatings, Turtle Wax Seal N Shine has been shown to be more durable than both Meguiars & Mothers versions
Wanted to add that I have Seal n Shine on one of my cars & it’s impressive how slick & durable it is. Waxing is an inferior waste of time.
Only takes 15 minutes with a pressure washer to clean a dirt covered car & dry off with Bowden’s Big Green Sucker.
Acknowledge though that it isn’t the level of a proper ceramic coat

5540FECB-FA15-4463-B733-3E8EF22F699A.jpeg
Delivered.

Yes, the configurator updated on the morning of July 16 for all these at once. Changes were:
  • P- gone
  • P+ becomes mandatory for performance option (same price as P- plus performance upgrade pack was previously - $91,200)
  • LR AWD available (same price as P- was previously - $85,000)
  • Free paint is now pearl white
  • Black paint now $1050 option
  • White interior option now available but with P+ only - $1400
  • Delivery estimate move from August to September
The change that had happened prior to this in isolation was FSD going to $8,500.
Thanks for that... so at least I can avoid any sense of ‘regret’ in not buying a P3D- with a white interior and 18” wheels... because a window of opportunity for that never existed.

I assume it is not possible to ask for 18” wheels on P+?

Wanted to add that I have Seal n Shine on one of my cars & it’s impressive how slick & durable it is. Waxing is an inferior waste of time.
Only takes 15 minutes with a pressure washer to clean a dirt covered car & dry off with Bowden’s Big Green Sucker.
Acknowledge though that it isn’t the level of a proper ceramic coat

NF are you planning to do PPF or just ceramic? And if the latter you’ll do by yourself?

Keen to hear which other cleaning etc products you recommend too.