Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo!

I got my call on Monday with a delivery date and I've had a potential buyer for my STi for several weeks now, so the sale is happening over the weekend and so it's just a few days without a car before I pick up my Model 3 on Friday.

So considering the money needs to be in the account 2 days beforehand, not a bad interval.

Good bye to the blue streak, hello to the red rocket!

Two M3s in Booragoon already and I know of another 4 coming to Melville incl yours and mine!
Just met with Techno-phile at the Booragoon charger. Seems like the other Booragoon M3 is also blue which was delivered yesterday. Will try and meet this other blue owner same place tomorrow. Thanks Techno-phile for spending the time to go through the charging with me, there and at the Woolworths charger too (and then back again).

Hmmm... I have bought 4 cars in my life, each one was new. My first was a Holden Barina. I had it for 19 years. It was extremely reliable, the maintenance only started to increase in the last 5 years of ownership (and these were age related e.g. I needed the engine reconditioned and new gaskets put in). My second was a Toyota Corolla Seca hatchback. I had it for 17 years. It too was extremely reliable, can’t recall any major issues I had with it. My third, which I still have, is a Toyota Camry sedan, now 15 years old. It’s starting to show its age but no serious problems. It will get replaced with Model 3. The most recent one was my Nissan LEAF, now 5 years old, which has needed absolutely nothing done to it.

It seems mechanical or other unreliability is the hallmark of expensive, fancy, imported, non-Japanese cars. So the lesson is - buy boring cars and you’ll have no problems.

Agreed, I have a 95 Camaro. The 'puny' 3.4L Buick engine. Just replaced window winder ($400 all up) and also need to replace a part in the aircon as it has failed. BUT, being a drop-top it is anything but boring. My wife wanted a convertible, and I think we have the most beautiful US car from that period. So sleek it looks like a Jag. Everyone wants to race us. On Saturday 28 as I pick it up, that Tesla M3 SR+ is going to get the "My other car is a Camaro" sticker that has been languishing in the drawer. I think we have the best of both worlds. Unreliability/Reliability, Gas Guzzler/130MPGe, Beautiful/damn butt ugly. :)

Reactions: tobygriffin
I dropped into the Melbourne (Cremorne) delivery centre for a look today and spoke to some staff. There were 4 cars waiting to be delivered this afternoon and another had been delivered earlier, so 5 today. They mentioned there are a few more tommorrow but that next week they will be delivering up to 50 cars per day! Roughly 15 minutes time allocated per delivery so it will be madness for them next week. The back prep area of the delivery centre was already in full swing with a line of cars being detailed ready for delivery.

Melb Delivery Centre 1.jpg
Melb Delivery Centre 2.jpg

Just met with Techno-phile at the Booragoon charger. Seems like the other Booragoon M3 is also blue which was delivered yesterday. Will try and meet this other blue owner same place tomorrow. Thanks Techno-phile for spending the time to go through the charging with me, there and at the Woolworths charger too (and then back again).

Yay, it seems few people are buying black. May do a chrome delete... Really stand out...

Reactions: Hagrid
I dropped into the Melbourne (Cremorne) delivery centre for a look today and spoke to some staff. There were 4 cars waiting to be delivered this afternoon and another had been delivered earlier, so 5 today. They mentioned there are a few more tommorrow but that next week they will be delivering up to 50 cars per day! Roughly 15 minutes time allocated per delivery so it will be madness for them next week. The back prep area of the delivery centre was already in full swing with a line of cars being detailed ready for delivery.

View attachment 456553 View attachment 456554
Anyone been to Alexandria in Sydney recently?

View attachment 456553 View attachment 456554

9 cars a day, geez they really are under the pump o_O

9 cars a day, geez they really are under the pump o_O
Is that 9x more than most other dealers on an average day? Imagine next week. Does anyone want to estimate the time it will take before Tesla M3 will become the number 1 selling car in Australia, like certain other countries in Europe?

Actually, we drove the Hyundai Kona and my wife said no way. I thought it was pretty good for what it was. But, how can they compete when the M3 SR+ is the same price. No sale. I can't see how Tesla can lose. Every other car just doesn't hold a candle to a Tesla...

Can't I just put in a 3 phase plug (We have 3 phase for a 20KWh aircon)?
I'm not an electrician, or have many skills in that area, so I wouldn't know. I do know that I was told that my house wasn't wired for 3-phase (I guess most homes aren't), but if you already have 3-phase then you're probably a step ahead of most of us!
You could always call up an electrician and ask?