Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So excited !
Picked up my Blue SR+ last night from Richmond
couple of small paint swirls on bonnet from buffer, noted and will be fixed.
Other than that looks great!
One query I have is my software version is: 2019.15.104 6b5e094
Not sure what other people have, but this seems well behind the latest v9 releases...
Was expecting an update notification last night when I plugged in and on wifi but nothing yet....any tips?!

I switch the firmware update option from standard to advanced. Connect the car to WIFI.

Next morning, I unplugged the car. About an hour later, I received a notification firmware update is available.

Not sure unplug the car made any differences. I just tell you exactly what I have done to get an update.

The new firmware version pushed is 2019.32.2.2.

Last edited:
It's so fun. Everything is in good order. No defect for me so far. If you are logged into the tesla app when you walk into the store it automatically connect to the car and you suddenly have all the controls good to go.

Attachments

• received_758062887963124.jpeg
    received_758062887963124.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 55
Good to see you're all prepared with a spare 12v battery in the carport ;)

Where's the brake fluid? :)

Hahaha unfortunately that's a dead one.

I did ask them about the brake fluid and asked if.its been checked. She said yes but did say she knew no issues about it. So she either didn't know or didn't want to admit any issues.

Just gotta wait patiently for the electrician to contact me regarding install of the charger.

Reactions: smaldo
Hey @Vedaprime
Model 3 SR+ White
VIN
5YJ3F7EA1KF4627XX

27/9 pick up booked for Alexandria . Vin matched the hidden VIN which is from the Brotonne.
Built and compliance date is 07/08/2019
Not sure if you want to add this to your data?
I am picking up the day after but don't yet have a VIN. They just contacted me about the registration and I have completed the paperwork. I think the holdup was Tesla losing the finance paperwork from LeasePlan :) Enjoy the new car. Look forward to a drag race down Sydney streets :)

• Love
Reactions: turbice
The UMC does not support 3 phase, you only get 1 phase

That makes sense. I guess it is just for emergency use when out and about. Ok, so I guess I am extending the wall connector then... I might get them to put in some 3 phase cabling and place the wall connector on the boundary fence.

If I put this outside my gate but on my private driveway, y'all better not come near it for a free charge... LOL.

Hi All,

first time post here at this forum.

Absolutely great to see all the excitement about the deliveries of M3's here in Australia :)

I have a question since I couldn’t find a satisfying answer online and hope that this community can help me.

Given the fact that the M3’s currently rolling out, it might be a bit soon for the Australian market for this question, but if anyone has some experience with child seats, a feedback would be greatly appreciated.
To be a bit more specific: How does the space for a rear facing child/baby seats holding up with a taller person (I’m about 1.97,…whatever that is in feet ). I did find “some” YouTube videos and “some” online Feedback, but it seems they mostly focus on forward facing seats.

Congrats to everyone who’s taking delivery these days

Just a question, does an extension cable exist for the main lead between the car and the wall connector?

Yes you can buy type-2 to 2 extension leads, they just need to be the correct one because a standard one wont work. Needs to be an "extension".

As long as they are the proper wire size etc (which they are) the length is unlikely to present much of an issue. People forget that we pipe 400V 32A all the time for concerts and events etc.

Reactions: ATSC
Google is my friend.
So apparently HW3 writes the sentry mode video files using H265 (aka HEVC) and 2.5 writes using H264 (aka AVC).
Though I found some people saying a software update made all HW versions write H264 files.
The only way to be sure is to ask Tesla.
Also, if you did get HW2.5, and if you upgrade to FSD, a HW3 computer is installed free.
Surely you can check somewhere in the software settings to tell you if you have v2.5 or v3.
We are picking up our SR+ with FSD it would be disappointing it it has v2.5 hardware.
If upgrade needed I hope the service experience will be a lot better than the delivery experience.

Yes you can buy type-2 to 2 extension leads, they just need to be the correct one because a standard one wont work. Needs to be an "extension".

As long as they are the proper wire size etc (which they are) the length is unlikely to present much of an issue. People forget that we pipe 400V 32A all the time for concerts and events etc.

Interlocking of the accessories is mandatory to prevent them from unintentional separation and breaking under load. The interlocking shall insure that the energy transmission is stopped before separation.
NOTE 1 Interlocking can be performed e.g. by mechanical or electromechanical means.
The interlocking means shall offer a feedback to show that the mechanism is in correct engagement.

Allowed: Type 2 Extension Cable - EVchargers - EV cables and adaptors
Not allowed: Type 2 Extension Green

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman