Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent - moral of the story is - Tesla staff are PUMPING out the deliveries. Make sure your payment's in and you might get bumped up. I believe they schedule to call you a week before delivery and that's the most frequent point at which you can expect to be bumped up, should there be a spot available.

The car is good, so good. I can't speak highly enough of it. Using summon and autopilot, and seeing the car controlling steering and throttle itself is absolutely surreal and impressive.

Out of curiosity I went onto my account page to see if I could purchase FSD.

has anyone had it show up after taking delivery? Under the shop page of manage of my model 3 only the insurance product shows up (which is only for California in the US anyway)

I was hoping to had FSD Post purchase... is this no possible?
FSD is the same price after purchase as prior - confirmed on email
It’s a stupid decision to buy it with the car, as it cops luxury car tax (because backward & scientifically illiterate governments think it fine to tax things that have not obtained economies of scale & include the cost of energy storage at sale. Heck, even economically illiterate, which is ironic)
Also, Tesla has offered significant discounts on FSD in the past, although the last time they did it was in March, probably to offset the crash in sales because of the first batch of international shipments. Also, with over $5B in cash reserves, I doubt they will feel compelled to discount FSD. That said, small discounts are being offered on inventory Model 3s in the USA right now, but that’s more to boost deliveries rather than cash.
The autonomy day suggests they are increasingly confident of FSD & there are plenty of YouTube videos showing improvements in autopilot on the same section of road over time (there’s even a guy demonstrating it working & improving on a dirt road). Just factor in that the improvements in autonomy are staggered by country with the USA most current because their mapping is likewise.

And if you wanted more confidence in Tesla & to invest
LG Chem mass producing NCM cyclical batteries for Tesla
LG Chem has begun to mass produce batteries for Tesla’s Model 3 electric vehicles from its Nanjing plant in China, according to industry sources Sept. 18.
The US-based EV maker will be using LG Chem’ 21700 type batteries using NCM811 that boast a nickel proportion of 80% or more.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
Excellent - moral of the story is - Tesla staff are PUMPING out the deliveries. Make sure your payment's in and you might get bumped up. I believe they schedule to call you a week before delivery and that's the most frequent point at which you can expect to be bumped up, should there be a spot available.

The car is good, so good. I can't speak highly enough of it. Using summon and autopilot, and seeing the car controlling steering and throttle itself is absolutely surreal and impressive.
Being ready a week in advance is all good, however some like me are only a week from delivery appointment but have not got an invoice yet, so lets hope that gets sorted soon also :)

Reactions: TaylorP and doug313
I have a 5170XX VIN (white seats) with a build date of 14/8, yet I have a tentative delivery date in Melbourne of 27/9. If they somehow manage to achieve that I’d be super impressed!

It looks a special second load was done at Long Beach for ANL Warrnambool on August 18-20 in an effort to get some white seats out before end of month. All seem to be Aug 14 build date. There is no other likely possibility.

Melina is due in later today so yours can’t be on that.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
You can get Radio National through the Tune In app on any Tesla and it’s available anywhere there is phone coverage which is way better that DAB+ coverage. Trust me you won’t miss DAB+.
I disagree. I like my DAB+ radio at home. No need for internet connectivity, or “Apps”, or fiddling with pairing devices or other such complications. It’s just there. Tune-in requires mobile data... what happens if you don’t have premium internet connectivity in your Tesla? Do I now have to start paying to listen to the “radio”? And the Pro version of Tune-In also requires payment, does Tesla cover that? And does Tune-In have access to all of the metro DAB+ radio stations in Australia?

Premium cars these days have no excuse to not include a DAB+ radio... particularly if, as someone here suggested, Tesla put the hardware in but for some reason has not activated it in the GUI. If I want to listen to the cricket in the car in summer, it’s on AM radio or DAB+. Tesla Model 3 does not have AM radio.

Deeply unimpressed.

Reactions: HighlyCharged

Thanks. After having a closer look appears there is no DAB in my model 3 SR+ (so only Partial Premium interior, no idea if this is different for the full premium interior.) Photo attached.

Now that I'm paying attention, its sort of obvious it's not there. Note: the FM in the top right hand corner and when you open up the tune settings you can only type in the numbers for a station frequency.

Still sounds much better than the radio I've ever had, so there's that :)

radio.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mattclar and malc01
Thanks. After having a closer look appears there is no DAB in my model 3 SR+ (so only Partial Premium interior, no idea if this is different for the full premium interior.) Photo attached.

Now that I'm paying attention, its sort of obvious it's not there. Note: the FM in the top right hand corner and when you open up the tune settings you can only type in the numbers for a station frequency.

Still sounds much better than the radio I've ever had, so there's that :)

View attachment 457566

Hang on whaaaat?????? European model 3’s have DAB radio.... how did we miss out??? This is really odd!!! I was totally expecting it to have DAB so much so I didn’t even verify that on specs when I ordered.

We will need people to double check with the dash cam recording format. Apparently Tesla have been using 2.5 on SR long, long after the rollout. Performances generally have 3, but there are people with SR+ with a build date of July that still have 2.5
Wait what? Got a source on this? I everything under the impression everything was 3 now. Pissed if i get 2.5, especially considering i paid for FSD

Hang on whaaaat?????? European model 3’s have DAB radio.... how did we miss out??? This is really odd!!! I was totally expecting it to have DAB so much so I didn’t even verify that on specs when I ordered.
Not odd. There was never any indication from Tesla that Australia would get DB Radio other than a few over zealous sales staff back in 2015 saying that the S was likely to get it at some stage, but never committing when.
In fact if you look at the Tesla website it says what the media is and it does not specify DB Radio.

Wait what? Got a source on this? I everything under the impression everything was 3 now. Pissed if i get 2.5, especially considering i paid for FSD
If you get 2.5 it will be updated to 3.0

Reactions: TaylorP
My VIN has been solid hidden since it first showed up at the beginning of this month. Tentative delivery is set to 30th Sept already over 2 weeks ago. My finance company (Macquarie) said they are still waiting for invoice. So I sent an email to Tesla Brisbane asking for the invoice. They replied pretty quickly that they will chase the delivery team to generate the invoice. Hopefully that will get done soon.
My vin was only displayed on the page properly after phone confirmation of my appointment a few days before delivery

Yes and no. Tesla officially states that all cars coming off the production line since April 1 have Hardware 3.0. The reality is there has been lots of people in the forums with build dates long after that (even into late June that I had read) that only had 2.5. I suspect there was quite a few 2.5 computers left over which just get added on there or the staff on the line aren't realising it (as they externally look identical).

If you ordered FSD and you happen to accidentally get a 2.5 computer Tesla will upgrade it for free just like they will for all those with 2.5 or 2.0 computers that purchased it.