Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- other minor paint stuff
Yeah, I got a bit of that and a scratch on the front roof glass. Jumped on the booking when I got it on Friday. November 25th.
Apparently until recently there was one service tech in Perth, now I think they're up to three.

I seemed to get the car on the one week that you had to go to the depot to pick it up but on the plus side I got a 45 minute run through and nothing appears to be physically missing.

• Informative
Reactions: korda
Damn...So they're still pretty consistent with this deliver first and fix the damage later approach. :(
So, should they not deliver and defer until they fix every single issue? or should they deliver it as is, so that you can enjoy the car while fixing the issues?
I know what my answer is and I know what anyone who has had a chance to drive a Tesla 3 would say;-).

But I am still interested in your response.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaylorP
So, should they not deliver and defer until they fix every single issue? or should they deliver it as is, so that you can enjoy the car while fixing the issues?
I know what my answer is and I know what anyone who has had a chance to drive a Tesla 3 would say;-).

I mean yeah I don't think that they should be delivered if they're scuffed and have issues where the windows don't even work properly.

Do you think delivering brand new vehicles with these kinds of obvious defects is acceptable?
Because no, not everyone who's driven a model 3 is quite as accepting of this as you are.

I know this was directed at another poster, but I will answer it as I feel quite strongly about this.
Yes, I think they should fix all the issues before delivery, i believe that's what buyers of brand new cars are entitled to.
The Tesla's way of putting the responsibility on the buyers to arrange for repairs themselves is simply not acceptable.
By the way, how can you enjoy the car while your car is with the panel beater to be repaired? It is even more inconvenient and worse than receiving the car later than promised.

I mean yeah I don't think that they should be delivered if they're scuffed and have issues where the windows don't even work properly.

Do you think delivering brand new vehicles with these kinds of obvious defects is acceptable?
Because no, not everyone who's driven a model 3 is quite as accepting of this as you are.

I know this was directed at another poster, but I will answer it as I feel quite strongly about this.
Yes, I think they should fix all the issues before delivery, i believe that's what buyers of brand new cars are entitled to.
The Tesla's way of putting the responsibility on the buyers to arrange for repairs themselves is simply not acceptable.
By the way, how can you enjoy the car while your car is with the panel beater to be repaired? It is even more inconvenient and worse than receiving the car later than promised.
That was my personal view, but fair enough as I can also understand your frustration.

Reactions: Hairyman
You people make excellent points for and against.

Yes it's an absolute dreamboat to drive, you got that right.

You also make an excellent point. At some stage in the near future I will be carless for a while when they repair it and I hope they throw in a hire car or something. I can certainly say I've never had these kind of issues when buying from a dealership, zing!

Maybe this is a rare customisation opportunity. I could stick an offensive sticker where the logo isn't, or I could get the T E S L A chrome lettering like Franz's model 3.

IMG-1585 (1).JPG

anyone know how high we can inflate teslas michelin tires for maximum range (18" aeros)?
The tires are rated for 50 psi. The car sticker interestingly recommends 42 psi max pressure.
I'd be keen to go up all the way to 50 for driving through the outback...

I would not recommend running a tyre at its max inflation pressure. It removes all flex and makes it more likley to blow out under certain conditions.
I ran a tyre (perfect condition) at its max pressure and it blew out and disintegrated after about 6 hours on a perfect road surface. The tyre only felt just warm at each 2 hour interval.
Baffled, I contacted the manufacturer whose engineer advised under no circumstances run the tyre at the max pressure. I was well under the max load figure for that pressure too.

anyone know how high we can inflate teslas michelin tires for maximum range (18" aeros)?
The tires are rated for 50 psi. The car sticker interestingly recommends 42 psi max pressure.

The car sticker recommends 42 psi *COLD* pressure. The pressure will increase as the tyres get hot.

Reactions: Techno-phile
My 18" aeros came with 42psi in them, now on a cold morning they tend to actually show 40-41 psi. When I did a bit longer drive with the car after about 100km I checked and they were showing 44 psi, so the temperature and driving makes the actual pressure fluctuate a bit. I would not recommend pumping them to the tire maximum rating when cold, as from my experience they can easily fluctuate by 10% between cold and warm driving conditions, probably more if you do very spirited driving.

Reactions: Techno-phile
I was actually toying with the idea of removing my badges, partly as I like being minimalistic and partly to deter casual car keyers who just hate Teslas and/or EVs in general.

I might even get an old-fashioned Turbo badge for the lolz.
Remove the badges as who needs to know it's a "Duel Motor" who even needs more than a Model 3 Standard Plus Range. Remove the black licence plate surround if it has Tesla on them.

I just noticed that my SR+ has the reverse (white) light on the passenger side only.

Can other owners please chime in? Is this normal or do I need to book in a service check?

Edit: confusion ensues after checking that our Model X has reverse lights symmetrically on both sides.

Last edited: