Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've got a Midnight Silver Model3. Anyone found a good chrome delete kit (I know most are just the 3M 2080 tape, i'm thinking of Matte Black).

I'm happy to pay for someone to do it if anyone found place doing it in Melb as well (that said I guess i'll have to wait for stage4 to end).

So the latest Top Gear UK episode S29E01 has a comparison between the BMW 3 series, Model 3 and Volvo S60.

The Model 3 is a Long Range

upload_2020-10-5_10-36-11.png

And yeah it includes camping in the car:

upload_2020-10-5_10-34-46.png

Last edited:
Okay.. so how was this Tesla stolen?

From the TM3 FB group.

No pin to drive set.
Tesla card had reportedly been upstairs in serviced apartment (and possibly stolen some time earlier)
Despite having the keycard, the guys jimmied the window to reach the bag causing some trim damage (and the alarm).

If they hadn't caused the alarm probably would have gotten away.

Lessons - ensure any spare keys are in a safe place. Use pin to drive.

First post ordered model 3 performance then cancelled to change colour and get 2021 model on the 16th October. Had a call from Tesla Perth saying their estimate is currently end of December beginning of Jan so must be getting built getting ready to ship. Vedaprime list of ships shows it could be on its way soon, no VIN yet.

I ordered a white SR+ on 2 November. At the time the tesla rep said I needed to order by 3 November to ensure delivery by the end of the year. Now of course they can't tell me when it's arriving :) thoughts on this year?
The process is more like gestation than transaction. Two parties come together for mutual satisfaction and the final delivery date depends on a range of factors.

I ordered a white SR+ on 2 November. At the time the tesla rep said I needed to order by 3 November to ensure delivery by the end of the year. Now of course they can't tell me when it's arriving :) thoughts on this year?

It will be close on whether you will be assigned anything. The cars were almost finished being built and on the ships for the quarter by the time you ordered.

if you don’t have a vin within 3 weeks, then I would start to realign your thinking to a March delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
So I did the Model 3 upgrade from USB-A ports to USB-C. Quite straightforward to do actually. The Tesla parts from AU service were $235 and the adapter (Tesla changed the connector) from the USA was pretty cheap as well.

The rear two ports was done in <5 mins (literally pull it out, swap connector). The front was 6 bolts and 3 little screws.

26w per usb port so high speed wireless and cable charging now.

Only thing is I don't know need the Jeda USB hub. If anyone in Melb wants my old free Jeda USB Hub let me know. Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub for Sentry Mode, Dashcam, and Storage

So I did the Model 3 upgrade from USB-A ports to USB-C. Quite straightforward to do actually. The Tesla parts from AU service were $235 and the adapter (Tesla changed the connector) from the USA was pretty cheap as well.

The rear two ports was done in <5 mins (literally pull it out, swap connector). The front was 6 bolts and 3 little screws.

26w per usb port so high speed wireless and cable charging now.

Only thing is I don't know need the Jeda USB hub. If anyone in Melb wants my old free Jeda USB Hub let me know. Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub for Sentry Mode, Dashcam, and Storage
Sounds interesting do you have a part list?