Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Cyclone :) do stick around the forums with your long term experiences though. Is this your first model s? Did the cpo description say it had dual chargers?

Thanks. Been a long day. Woke up at 1 am, left for the airport at 3, hopped on a plane at 5:30, got picked up in a Red P85D by Tesla at 9:15 a, and began the journey home with my S85 at 12:15 p. Finally home at 11:15 pm. I will be sticking around. I haven't changed my sig yet. Everything in the paragraph here was a pleasant surprise from the original CPO description
- dual chargers
- carbon fiber spoiler
- premium interior lighting
- parcel shelf
- fog lights
- chrome insert in frunk (by bumper)
- frunk cargo net
- two leather key fob holders (same Napa leather as seats)
- black Tesla jacket

Congrats on your new car, Cyclone. Did you happen to get Cyclone rims or are they just Cyclone's rims? :wink:

I love the cyclone rims, but I had picked the name Cyclone before that decision came up. Even new, while I like the rims, I'm not paying a $2,500 upgrade for them. I rather put that month towards my tires!

I have a separate thread on the road trip process. I'll post photos and details tomorrow. Right now, my bed is calling my name.

Thanks. Been a long day. Woke up at 1 am, left for the airport at 3, hopped on a plane at 5:30, got picked up in a Red P85D by Tesla at 9:15 a, and began the journey home with my S85 at 12:15 p. Finally home at 11:15 pm. I will be sticking around. I haven't changed my sig yet. Everything in the paragraph here was a pleasant surprise from the original CPO description
- dual chargers
- carbon fiber spoiler
- premium interior lighting
- parcel shelf
- fog lights
- chrome insert in frunk (by bumper)
- frunk cargo net
- two leather key fob holders (same Napa leather as seats)
- black Tesla jacket

I love the cyclone rims, but I had picked the name Cyclone before that decision came up. Even new, while I like the rims, I'm not paying a $2,500 upgrade for them. I rather put that month towards my tires!

I have a separate thread on the road trip process. I'll post photos and details tomorrow. Right now, my bed is calling my name.

Congrats and welcome to the CPO club ;)

Ah yes I guess it does have leather. Which is funny considering it's so bare besides that. So what could Tesla have turned on in this car just by "flipping a switch" in software for it's CPO sale? Supercharging is one, and I'd guess the mapping stuff could be turned on also.

Would Tesla ever turn stuff off just to move a car quickly at a low price? (And then hope for a later option upgrade sale to turn it back on?)

The thing is, leather wasn't an "option" early on - I don't believe they even offered the textile seats until later. So I believe that car is "optionless"...

I think I'm regretting that I didn't jump on this when it was first available. Realistically, this is about the max for my budget and would certainly feel better about buying a CPO than other used (and salvaged/repaired) cars on ebay. I figured it wasn't going to last long.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^
Regarding the $50k S60 that lolgas pointed out. (P10515)

I think I'm regretting that I didn't jump on this when it was first available. Realistically, this is about the max for my budget and would certainly feel better about buying a CPO than other used (and salvaged/repaired) cars on ebay. I figured it wasn't going to last long.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^
Regarding the $50k S60 that lolgas pointed out. (P10515)

Don't feel bad. There will be more CPO cars at that price range. That car had no options whatsoever. Just give it a few months and you should be able to pick up an S60 for around that price with the added benefit of a few options. CPO prices are going nowhere but down :) Perhaps you will find a similar deal before the year is over.

Don't feel bad. There will be more CPO cars at that price range. That car had no options whatsoever. Just give it a few months and you should be able to pick up an S60 for around that price with the added benefit of a few options. CPO prices are going nowhere but down :) Perhaps you will find a similar deal before the year is over.

One thing I have learned in business is that the "deal of a lifetime" comes along about once a week if you know where to look and how to recognize it.

One thing I have learned in business is that the "deal of a lifetime" comes along about once a week if you know where to look and how to recognize it.

Interestingly, I was doing some homework on how much the CPOs have depreciated.

P85/+ depreciate like mad - you loose 20-30K in 2 years.
But the S85 and S60, 4K to 8K depreciation in 2 years.
As a percentage on the total price of the car - that is NOT bad.

Then to boot you have gas savings + no oil changes, and the pleasure of driving a Tesla.

All things considered, if you want a high end Tesla (lots of options, 21" wheels, P85) - then CPO offers some value.
But if you want a base entry level Tesla, you are better off getting new IMO.

Interestingly, I was doing some homework on how much the CPOs have depreciated.

P85/+ depreciate like mad - you loose 20-30K in 2 years.
But the S85 and S60, 4K to 8K depreciation in 2 years.
As a percentage on the total price of the car - that is NOT bad.

Then to boot you have gas savings + no oil changes, and the pleasure of driving a Tesla.

All things considered, if you want a high end Tesla (lots of options, 21" wheels, P85) - then CPO offers some value.
But if you want a base entry level Tesla, you are better off getting new IMO.

The dynamic is that people that can drop $125k on a car without blinking, usually do so every 2-3 years. They have to have the latest, so they will trade their P85 for a P85D (or X when it comes along) in a heartbeat. People who would normally buy a Prius/Camry/BMW3series who stretched to get an S60 or S85, often justified the extra expenditure with the idea that they would hold on to the car for a long time.

So the used market is full of P models and 60s and 85s are more rare. Additionally, the used market gobbles up the lowest costs units available quickly, so anything on CPO that is under $60k is sold in a matter of days.

Last edited:
I'm seeing some errors on the mileage figure pulled by the Consolidator. E.g. Sort by descending miles and lowest is 50, but Tesla link shows 17,176. (Not a widespread error and hard to reproduce but noticed it when trying to make correlations). Like I said before, great tool!

The dynamic is that people that can drop $125k on a car without blinking, usually do so every 2-3 years. They have to have the latest, so they will drop their P85 for a P85D (or X when it comes along) in a heartbeat. People who would normally buy a Prius/Camry/BMW3series who stretched to get an S60 or S85, often justified the extra expenditure with the idea that they would hold on to the car for a long time.

So the used market is full of P models and 60s and 85s are more rare. Additionally, the used market gobbles up the lowest costs units available quickly, so anything on CPO that is under $60k is sold in a matter of days.

This exactly. Add to that people like me who aren't performance-oriented (my S85 is plenty fast for me), I snagged a S85 when I could have easily gotten a P85 (quite likely, I would have gotten the same one that Drucifer snagged since green is my fave color), and you can see why the P models have dropped much more than the S models.

The dynamic is that people that can drop $125k on a car without blinking, usually do so every 2-3 years. They have to have the latest, so they will drop their P85 for a P85D (or X when it comes along) in a heartbeat. People who would normally buy a Prius/Camry/BMW3series who stretched to get an S60 or S85, often justified the extra expenditure with the idea that they would hold on to the car for a long time.

I couldn't agree more. The discounts I've noticed seem relatively consistent with the inventory cars (roughly $1 per odometer mile) but agree that the higher end vehicles then have an additional reduction. Considering the CPO vehicles include supercharging, the lowest cost new base vehicle would be just about $80k. That's a signficant difference than the few $50k vehicles that have come up. I recognize that there's a signficant improvement with the included options and D for the new base vehicle, but the fact of the matter is, if you can't afford it you can't afford it.

I'm seeing some errors on the mileage figure pulled by the Consolidator. E.g. Sort by descending miles and lowest is 50, but Tesla link shows 17,176. (Not a widespread error and hard to reproduce but noticed it when trying to make correlations). Like I said before, great tool!

I fixed that one record, which I suspect was originally listed at 50 miles, and later the mileage was updated/corrected. The CPO consolidator checks every hour for cars added or removed, but doesn't re-scan/update all attributes if any changed other than price and location.

I fixed that one record, which I suspect was originally listed at 50 miles, and later the mileage was updated/corrected. The CPO consolidator checks every hour for cars added or removed, but doesn't re-scan/update all attributes if any changed other than price and location.

Great, thanks for the attention to detail! I had guessed too it was most likely a Tesla error just propagated.