Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Hank,
Thanks a lot. Yeah, know that. But if you click 'Price' to sort by price, the listings are not in correct order. I suspect it is because of this bug.

A similar issue in the Canadian listings as well. The 'Show [xxx] entries' is picking up 262. But in this case, no harm as there are fewer Canadian listings.

Hi Hank,
Thanks a lot. Yeah, know that. But if you click 'Price' to sort by price, the listings are not in correct order. I suspect it is because of this bug.

A similar issue in the Canadian listings as well. The 'Show [xxx] entries' is picking up 262. But in this case, no harm as there are fewer Canadian listings.

The page length really isn't a bug, it was an early design decision to simplify the queries and how the table options are generated, and that I can fix.

And that has nothing to do with the price sorting issue, which I'll look into. The sorting is totally independent from the paging limit, which isn't a bug -- it's just a page length setting given to the table code for all three tables.

Or to make more money to compensate for the drop in price?

I don't think the initial cars were price that much more cheaply compared to now. Sure they might be slightly cheaper, but for the most part, they have not dropped. Look at the P85 of release "sold" and the current CPO. They are not far off. The S85 might have gone up. I didn't bother looking at the S60 because I would never consider that car unless it's cost < $35K with reasonable mileage on it.

The initial set of cars had about 30-50 that were priced really well. Those got bought up in the first 2-3 weeks, essentially. When they occasionally add well priced cars, they sell quickly. It is leaving the site with all the cars that are less well priced, as the well priced ones, logically, sell first and fastest.

It isn't that pricing overall has changed, its just "Elvis has left the building" on the relatively better priced vehicles.

Just noticed something today... it appears to me, for the first time ever, Tesla is charging a premium for Signature cars. I say this comparing the pricing of the 20 or so U.S. Signature Cars that sold from late April to early June versus the three Signatures being offered now. To me it looks like that price is up $10-15K when you look at P85s with similar mileage. I did not analyze options, but even if they do vary, it seems extremely improbable that the price difference is simply a matter of varying options given that the 20 Sigs that sold in the past were almost all $70K or less (one was ~$71K, one ~$75K), and the three being offered now are all over $80K with one at ~$85K.

The page length really isn't a bug, it was an early design decision to simplify the queries and how the table options are generated, and that I can fix.

And that has nothing to do with the price sorting issue, which I'll look into. The sorting is totally independent from the paging limit, which isn't a bug -- it's just a page length setting given to the table code for all three tables.

Hank, I personally think it's amazing what you've done, and that you've shared it with us for the edification and amusement of all. I've personally gotten a lot of enjoyment scrolling through your listings while Telsa's site just would have been annoying. I ended up with an inventory car, but came close to pulling the trigger on a few of the CPOs because of how easily I could compare them and see the savings. Thanks!!!!

may i ask what's the most efficient method to do this?

I created a notification using https://www.followthatpage.com/. It works better than I even thought it could. Even a free account allows you to create an hourly notification that checks for and emails any changes to the site. Not only do the notifications show you if cars were added/removed, but it will indicate if there were any changes to the specs/information to any vehicles.

I created a notification using https://www.followthatpage.com/. It works better than I even thought it could. Even a free account allows you to create an hourly notification that checks for and emails any changes to the site. Not only do the notifications show you if cars were added/removed, but it will indicate if there were any changes to the specs/information to any vehicles.

thanks....i did a google search and came to that one as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Hank, I personally think it's amazing what you've done, and that you've shared it with us for the edification and amusement of all. I've personally gotten a lot of enjoyment scrolling through your listings while Telsa's site just would have been annoying. I ended up with an inventory car, but came close to pulling the trigger on a few of the CPOs because of how easily I could compare them and see the savings. Thanks!!!!

+1 if i didn't already say so....also will donate to your charity as well...how much depends on my savings, lol.....me thinks they might have a nice chunk of change now from all of us who have benefited from your website!

Just noticed something today... it appears to me, for the first time ever, Tesla is charging a premium for Signature cars. I say this comparing the pricing of the 20 or so U.S. Signature Cars that sold from late April to early June versus the three Signatures being offered now. To me it looks like that price is up $10-15K when you look at P85s with similar mileage. I did not analyze options, but even if they do vary, it seems extremely improbable that the price difference is simply a matter of varying options given that the 20 Sigs that sold in the past were almost all $70K or less (one was ~$71K, one ~$75K), and the three being offered now are all over $80K with one at ~$85K.

Interesting. Those 3 6/4 listings were also just before two of the previously sold signature cars had their sale dates moved up to 6/5, and 6/6. I wonder if Hank is keeping cached pages.

Interesting. Those 3 6/4 listings were also just before two of the previously sold signature cars had their sale dates moved up to 6/5, and 6/6. I wonder if Hank is keeping cached pages.

I'm not sure what your suggesting. Nothing is "cached".. the CC looks for changes in price and location of all listed cars every hour. What would be cached? Can you point to any listings on the CC that differ from the TM website?

+1 if i didn't already say so....also will donate to your charity as well...

Just FYI -- it's not "my" charity, just one I picked that I felt was important. Thanks!

I'm not sure what your suggesting. Nothing is "cached".. the CC looks for changes in price and location of all listed cars every hour. What would be cached? Can you point to any listings on the CC that differ from the TM website?

Just FYI -- it's not "my" charity, just one I picked that I felt was important. Thanks!

LOL...my bad, meant to say the charity of your choice!

An edited removed-on date would not be caught between the CC and TM website. I'm not suggesting it is manipulated for the wrong reasons, or that you caused it. I have, however, watched for specific colors, etc. How can a car not be available in the CC, and then days later show up in the removed section as having been listed for more than a month? That is what I cannot explain, that I believe a cached page would prove. No biggie.

An edited removed-on date would not be caught between the CC and TM website. I'm not suggesting it is manipulated for the wrong reasons, or that you caused it. I have, however, watched for specific colors, etc. How can a car not be available in the CC, and then days later show up in the removed section as having been listed for more than a month? That is what I cannot explain, that I believe a cached page would prove. No biggie.

As with anything, can you provide specific examples? The "removed on" date is the date it is no longer listed on the TM site. It's simply the time stamp an existing listing is found no longer listed on the TM site.

Say a car shows up on April 1st, and is sold within the hour. Then 30 days goes by, and it's re-listed, and sold. The original listing date is still April 1st, but since it was re-listed, the DOM will show up as 30 days. Nothing is cached.

Again, I'm still not sure what you are saying could be cached -- the TM web pages on their end? Nothing on my site is cached, and the data is being pulled and updated in real time every hour.

Last edited:
Say a car shows up on April 1st, and is sold within the hour. Then 30 days goes by, and it's re-listed, and sold. The original listing date is still April 1st, but since it was re-listed, the DOM will show up as 30 days. Nothing is cached.

That is probably what is happening. Cars are going off the CC, making their DOM inaccurate when they later show up and leave.

Weird. Seeing another false sale on Consolidator. S00208 currently sits atop most recently sold, 6/4, after "38" days on market. This car wasn't even on Consolidator yesterday, and hadn't been for weeks? Same thing happened to S00753.

60 kWh Model S P10515 | Tesla Motors

$50k :scared: although no options that's a pretty damn good price!

I just stumbled across this post from a month ago......

I was the one that bought this car. This car was posted on Thursday night, I bought it by a text to the sales office, while in a meeting, Friday morning.

I think Tesla may have made a mistake on this one.

When I ran a VIN number check this was a 40kWh car without the Super Charger enabled. It is actually VIN numbered that way.

The first thing that the Tesla Sales office did when this car was traded in was enable the Supercharger, and unlock the 60kWh battery, and place a 60 decal on the back (I verified all this with the Tesla shop).

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think anyone communicated that back to the computer that was calculating the price in Palo Alto. If they had just used the VIN number, it was a 40, no Supercharger, then subtract miles (of which it only had 15.7K). The reason I think that this is the case, is that after I verified with Tesla that it was not a 40kWh car anymore, the sub $60K cars disappeared (they had only been a couple) and have not yet returned.

When I arrived to pick up the car, they had also put on new tires (still had tread stripes), and I asked the sales rep a question "If this was a 40kwh car without the Supercharger enabled, does that mean the previous owner was never able to fully charge the battery or rapidly charge it with a supercharger....... :smile:?"

What an amazing car and car company. I have a Volt as well, but haven't driven since I got the Tesla........

So, does this exist so that we can do the market analysis for Tesla Motors, or does this exist so we can find a vehicle that is equipped to our liking at a price we are willing to pay?

I am just feeling like we are in "scope creep" mode on the consolidator.