Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me or the CPO consolidator missed this beauty:

85 kWh Performance Model S P65787 | Tesla Motors Canada

First of its kind on the CPO website.

It was detected and loaded, but since it was a never-before seen trim level, it just wasn't displaying correctly.

Now it knows about the P85D, so it now shows up properly. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it fist appeared on the CA CPO site on 6/18 with a price of C$136,600 but was reduced to C$119,900.

Holy carp - they bumped up my delivery date to this week!

Of course, now I can't find that info page that talks about how to make a 10-30 to 14-50 adapter. I want to make one (of course just to charge at 24A) for a short term solution from my dryer in the garage until I can get an electrician here to run a 50A line for a 14-50 permanent plug in the garage.

Can anyone link me?

Found what I was looking for. Of course, use at your own risk and be SMART. But if traveling to family/friends places and you need a quick and easy hookup, this guide has links to get from nema 10-30 or 14-30 to 14-50....you just have to remember to turn your charge amperage in the car down to 24A or lower. The MS (because it is technically plugged into a 14-50) doesn't know it's actually plugged into a 30A circuit. If you let the car try and charge at 40A...best case scenario - you trip the breakers for the circuit...worst case - you burn down your friend or family member's house when you melt the wires. Not a great way to show off your new Tesla...

http://cosmacelf.net/Home%20Made%20Adapters.pdf

Holy carp - they bumped up my delivery date to this week!

Of course, now I can't find that info page that talks about how to make a 10-30 to 14-50 adapter. I want to make one (of course just to charge at 24A) for a short term solution from my dryer in the garage until I can get an electrician here to run a 50A line for a 14-50 permanent plug in the garage.

Can anyone link me?

Did anyone notice what happened yesterday with P07102? Looks like the price dropped from $80,600 to $66,000, and then was quickly scooped up. I glanced at it on my phone, but had I been on a computer would have been REALLY tempted to impulse buy it.

being tempted is not fast enough. Your mind's gotta be ready to buy in order to score a good deal. I jumped on mine within 15 minutes of it coming up.

Did anyone notice what happened yesterday with P07102? Looks like the price dropped from $80,600 to $66,000, and then was quickly scooped up. I glanced at it on my phone, but had I been on a computer would have been REALLY tempted to impulse buy it.

I don't know about your circumstances, but $66k is NOT an impulse buy in my world. Maybe a balloon or popcorn is an impulse buy....or the dollar zone at Target.

I don't know about your circumstances, but $66k is NOT an impulse buy in my world. Maybe a balloon or popcorn is an impulse buy....or the dollar zone at Target.

Certainly not an impulse buy for me, as well. I've been dreaming of becoming a Tesla (vehicle) owner for over 3 years now, much of the time kicking myself that I didn't have the stones to hold the shares I picked up when it traded in the $30's. If not, much of those proceeds would have been put towards a MS.

When I say impulse, I mean it in the sense that there's really not much time to make decisions on some of the CPO's. The good deals go quickly.

When I say impulse, I mean it in the sense that there's really not much time to make decisions on some of the CPO's. The good deals go quickly.

I wouldn't call that impulse. I would call that knowing what you want, the price you are willing to pay and your timeline for acquisition and then striking quickly when the right opportunity presents itself. I knew that I wanted to plan to put a deposit on a Model S between April and July, receive the car between July and September (ok, it happened a bit faster, but bear with me) and what I wanted in a car and what I was willing to pay. I was one of the first 10 people to get a CPO car, deposit entered within a few hours of the website launching, and within an hour of my seeing the site for the first time.

That said, the opportunity of a lifetime comes along about once a week, if you pay attention.

I was in a similar state. I knew what I wanted to pay for a new car (thank you 70D), what I would pay for an inventory car (to get AutoPilot capability), and what I would pay for a used car (value play since AP is not a "must have" for me - a "nice to have"). When the CPO site launched, I found my preferred colors and options minus upgraded stereo for less than I wanted to pay buying it used. Coupled with the restarted warranty, I knew that car was a match. So while I had been casually looking b/c I really wanted to buy in the mid-September timeframe, I went ahead and put my deposit down on the CPO car the night the CPO site launched (and a mere 3 minutes after Drucifer - I'm lucky my car doesn't have 3rd row seats or else he would probably have beat me to it!). I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity to get the car I wanted.

The key here is to set realistic values for what you want, what to pay, etc. and then be ready to pounce when the vehicle presents itself. In my case, as a fallback I was willing to gamble the $1k deposit and hoped that maybe it could be switched towards an inventory or new car if all else fails (had no need to even try once I got some photos of my car).

Let's test him ;) Here's a Signature for $63,000.

2012 85 kWh Signature Performance Model S
41,473 miles (S00668)

Just picked this one up for my business.

Last week, I originally bought P02696, the brown P85 without Tech Package for $61k, but considering it'd only cost me $1000 to forfeit, I'm considering it, as the Tech Package, and Signature Red is definitely worth the 3k difference (64k with the 1k cancellation).

Someone just snatched up a pretty decent P85 Pearl White 2012 with 40K miles at $62.1K.

I think low $60K should be the norms for P85s that will be sold and low $50K for the S85. Those are usually snatched up within a day. Otherwise, it will be slow moving these Model S.

I saw that, it was a signature too.

Went within like 5mins.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Hank,

Apologies if this has been detailed in a prior post, but is there any way to set up an email notification if a certain criteria is posted to the CPO consolidator?

Pls advise. Thanks