Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand how some of these prices are still high. When I look at the ev-cpo. I see that a car with the options I want is listed at $70K, but I see in the sold sections, cars with the same miles, year, and options have sold for $55 - $60 K. How do they determine these prices. The mileage is 200 miles different (CPO Listed vs. CPO sold) and the options are 100% the same.

I don't understand how some of these prices are still high. When I look at the ev-cpo. I see that a car with the options I want is listed at $70K, but I see in the sold sections, cars with the same miles, year, and options have sold for $55 - $60 K. How do they determine these prices. The mileage is 200 miles different (CPO Listed vs. CPO sold) and the options are 100% the same.

How are you seeing sold cars?, I have registered but do not see them. Also, I have given up on the CPO site and now search Autotrader, that's where the best deals have been.

How are you seeing sold cars?, I have registered but do not see them. Also, I have given up on the CPO site and now search Autotrader, that's where the best deals have been.

History is part of the paid premium subscription to Hank's site. He is providing a wealth of information free-of-charge to us, but supporting and running the site does cost him. The very small cost for the premium subscription unlocks history (and alerting) and goes a long way towards all Hank is providing us. The small cost for the premium subscription is well worth it.

History is part of the paid premium subscription to Hank's site. He is providing a wealth of information free-of-charge to us, but supporting and running the site does cost him. The very small cost for the premium subscription unlocks history (and alerting) and goes a long way towards all Hank is providing us. The small cost for the premium subscription is well worth it.

Yes could not agree more...EV CPO is a really useful website

I don't understand either. I am hoping it is end-of-quarter stuff. Otherwise we can call it appreciation.

There are two different (and independent) subscriptions on http://ev-cpo.com -- "Premium" that gives you 10 minute updates and the ability to create alerts for specific configurations. And "History" that provides access to all 750+ CPO cars that were sold or otherwise removed from the Tesla CPO site. Premium starts at $6/month (or less for more months), and History starts at just $4/month (or less for more months). You do not need a sub for one to get the other.

It might have to do with the age of the car (in months). Aside from options/miles, I think that they take off a certain percentage or dollar amount based on the production date. The best clue for this is VIN number.

It might have to do with the age of the car (in months). Aside from options/miles, I think that they take off a certain percentage or dollar amount based on the production date. The best clue for this is VIN number.

Yeah. I have noticed VINs in the P20000 and up include power folding side mirrors and are production builds from mid-late 2013. Those seem to be in a higher price premium bracket than lower VIN cars with virtually the same options and miles. Also it appears color is a factor as well. Best pricing has been on green, brown, and white.

Not sure if this has been noticed or mentioned
Are some of these car increasing in price?
080733InvSan FranciscoS60APNDark Blue MetallicPano21 SilverBlack NextGen20153,97782,270 ΣΔ2015-08-18 04:20

About a month ago, Tesla changed their data format slightly, causing several Inventory cars to be listed at the Price less tax incentives price on EV-CPO instead of the "cash price". I fixed that issue a few days later, but in this case, I think EV-CPO is showing those errant price (2015-09-01: $74,770). But I can't explain the even earlier price of $71,600.

I've added a few new features to EV-CPO.com.

First, I'm now accepting listings of non-CPO cars for any Model S seller that wants to include their listing on the site. Anyone with a "Premium+History" subscription can list a car for sale with all the same sort/filtering options as the CPO cars have, including a link to their selling site (Cars.com, Autotrader, Ebay, etc). These listings appear in a separate tab as "Used Car Listings (Private Sellers/3rd party/Non-Tesla Motors) "

Second, I've added a very quick survey page for anyone that has used EV-CPO to find and buy a CPO or Inventory car. If you have used EV-CPO to help you find and/or buy a car, PLEASE fill out the quick survey here: EV CPO Purchaser Survey All data is confidential and won't be shared or distributed to anyone. It's just to give me an idea of how many people have used the site to help their search for the perfect Model S.

I've also added a small header to explain what the site does and how it works to help new-comers understand what it's all about.

As always, I'm open to feedback and suggestions!

Thanks.

First, I'm now accepting listings of non-CPO cars for any Model S seller that wants to include their listing on the site. Anyone with a "Premium+History" subscription can list a car for sale with all the same sort/filtering options as the CPO cars have, including a link to their selling site (Cars.com, Autotrader, Ebay, etc). These listings appear in a separate tab as "Used Car Listings (Private Sellers/3rd party/Non-Tesla Motors) "

Second, I've added a very quick survey page for anyone that has used EV-CPO to find and buy a CPO or Inventory car. If you have used EV-CPO to help you find and/or buy a car, PLEASE fill out the quick survey here: EV CPO Purchaser Survey All data is confidential and won't be shared or distributed to anyone. It's just to give me an idea of how many people have used the site to help their search for the perfect Model S.

I've also added a small header to explain what the site does and how it works to help new-comers understand what it's all about.

As always, I'm open to feedback and suggestions!

Thanks.

lol won't let me take 2 surveys, used it to buy 2 cars.

Great new feature. You'll be the one-stop shop for finding a used or inventory Tesla, no matter where it's originally listed.

Thanks.

Hi! I'm looking at the ev-cpo.com data and I'm wondering if this is considered a good deal:

S60 2014 pano TP black 17K miles for $55k plus license and taxes.

I see lots of Teslas on CPO that have gone for less than that. And I skipped out on a recent deal for a brown S60 myself on 9/29.

My other option is a brand new 2016 Volt (with Apple CarPlay!) for $27.5K all inclusive. The Volt looks good, is super cheap, but is smallish and I don't really want the gas engine since I expect 53 miles EV range to be sufficient for 99% of my use.

Opinions? Thanks!

Hi! I'm looking at the ev-cpo.com data and I'm wondering if this is considered a good deal:

I see lots of Teslas on CPO that have gone for less than that. And I skipped out on a recent deal for a brown S60 myself on 9/29.

My other option is a brand new 2016 Volt (with Apple CarPlay!) for $27.5K all inclusive. The Volt looks good, is super cheap, but is smallish and I don't really want the gas engine since I expect 53 miles EV range to be sufficient for 99% of my use.

Opinions? Thanks!

Don't get the Volt! You'll regret it every time you see a Tesla.

If you do not see the pricing you want call Tesla directly. Some forum members have bought S60s for the late 40s and early 50s by contacting Tesla directly as they have access to CPO cars that are not listed in the public inventory.

Opinions? Thanks!

I loved my Volt. It is a terrific, well-engineered and well sorted vehicle that does what it does really well. Also, in 3 years, maintenance was about $120.00 all in. I love my Tesla, but financially at 2.5x the cost, I better like the Tesla more.

Great move! Including private party listings is definitely something that needed to happen. Ideally, you want your site to become the "go to" place for anyone interested in buying or selling a used Tesla.

VIN 73201 is listed as a P85 but has Y in the AWD column. Is it a P85D or should it say N in that column?

Some of the autotrader pictures look like it is debadged, in the pictures where I see the badge it's too dark to tell easily from a distance and not high resolution enough to zoom in on the badge.

Either way it is listed significantly higher than the P85D CPO prices so I'd expect that price will have to drop.

Last edited: