Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's interesting that when you look at the Inventory Models they all say the following.

"This Model S is a showroom floor model and is eligible for EV incentives. These incentives take the form of rebates and tax credits available after purchase."

I thought that Tesla only had like 50 Showrooms. How are all of these cars showroom floor models?

They often have 4-5 cars assigned to a showroom. Typically 2 are on the floor and 2-3 are for demo drives. If they want to swap all of them out quickly for ones with the new style front end, then they all go on the CPO site at once.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
Yes, I track the data on my site. However the $1,000/month doesn't really apply anymore. While was a general guideline, its not very applicable since they have launched their CPO site.

I see some vehicles that have dropped $100 in 3 days while still only reporting 50 miles on the odometer. However I see some that have dropped $4,500 in 24 days. The vehicle that dropped $4,500 has been at 947 miles on the odometer the entire time. So mileage had nothing to do with the price decrease.

Thanks Erik

Contacted a couple of different CPO advisors today and here is what I got.
CPO advisor #1 sent 5 CPOs all 2013 85s ranging from $52k to $59k. Indicated they were recent trade ins and since they had not gone through inspection process it would take 3-6 weeks to receive vehicle, but most likely closer to 6 weeks.
CPO advisor #2 sent 1 CPO vehicle a 2013 85 in Georgia with 11500 miles for $58k that had gone through inspection process and is ready for sale. Indicated there should be more in the next couple of weeks as the trade ins went through inspection process.
Seems like one advisor is selling trade ins as they come in and the other is waiting for official word they can be sold.

Wow, congratulations.

When did you put down your $1K deposit? On Friday, I was told by someone in the CPO group at Buena Park that they did not have an internal list of available cars but that there should be new CPO cars listed in the next few weeks.

Would you mind sharing a few details about your car? Approximate build number, miles, rough config (P85 with pano, 21" wheels and tech package... ). It will be interesting to see how these are priced after the CPO sales break and the MS refresh.

Thanks. I can't wait to join you guys as a Tesla owner:)
Speak to Connor!

CPO advisor #1 sent 5 CPOs all 2013 85s ranging from $52k to $59k. Indicated they were recent trade ins and since they had not gone through inspection process it would take 3-6 weeks to receive vehicle, but most likely closer to 6 weeks.
CPO advisor #2 sent 1 CPO vehicle a 2013 85 in Georgia with 11500 miles for $58k that had gone through inspection process and is ready for sale. Indicated there should be more in the next couple of weeks as the trade ins went through inspection process.
Seems like one advisor is selling trade ins as they come in and the other is waiting for official word they can be sold.

Unfortunately, my CPO advisor seems to be in the latter camp. I hope all the candidates for my car don't get claimed by folks working with one of the former camp advisors before I even get a chance at them. :(

I've been keeping an eye for the same configuration and it has yet to show up. As the middle of the road configuration, I'm thinking most owners are holding onto these longer and not trading for the latest and greatest like the P85 owners.

Blah!!! Price trend is not going down fast enough. I am hoping the 85Ds will hit low $60K by the end of the year!

• Informative
Reactions: Drucifer
Well here is what I see:

It is almost 1 year into inception of the CPO programs. And we have seen our shares of ups and downs.

1) Initially, first few cars where priced reasonably IMO, older S85 were high 50K to low 60K. S60 were slightly lower. P85 were higher still. P85+ were way over priced for their demand. Other newer cars like P85D or 85D were none existent in CPO form.

2) A few months into the game, the CPOs were increasing in price across the board if I remember. I guess Tesla finally had some numbers on the demands of these CPOs and they were adjusting the price to match the demand.

3) Then still after, there were some price drops, but mainly for older/higher mileage cars. So there were pockets of deals here and there. Some S60 for mid/low 40Ks

4) Then came a period of stagnant high prices but that didn't last long. I think they were just pumping the price to make the next quarter CPOs look cheap. This is also roughly when they started introducing inventory cars. Some inventory S60 were priced out of wack, but it was inventory never-the-less.

5) Around the end of the previous year, there were considerate price drops. P85+ were the best deal if that was what you were after. Many owners purchased during this period IMO.

6) Right after the turn of the new year, prices were jacked up really high. So high and ridiculous that most would think Tesla were pricing it so it would NOT sell. Most people are reasoning it to tesla needing more loaner cars for their new customers.

7) Slowly but surely, they started removing CPOs and replacing them with inventory cars.

What happens next, only tesla would know. But I think there were reasons for highs and lows for the CPOs. Base on what we know so far, I think there will be a few price drop period with the best time to make the purchase around Nov to Dec 2016. This is the time-frame I am looking to snag those 85Ds. No need for Next Gen seats or other perks. Just the D motors.

• Informative
Reactions: flankspeed8
Well here is what I see:

It is almost 1 year into inception of the CPO programs. And we have seen our shares of ups and downs.

That is pretty much what happened. After all the "drama" in the CPO world, I am really glad that I put down my $1000 deposit 1 year ago on CPO site day #1. At that point, there was a broad selection and prices were inconsistent - leading to some real bargains. I believe I would have a tough time finding the car I have today for the same price on the used market or in the lists that are maintained by Tesla.

Man,I would jump at any of those options. My advisor keeps telling me that nothing is available and to wait a couple of weeks.

Yes, I'd definitely love to hear the details on that one too.

Lots of CPO's are coming. Today I heard about a few 2013 P85s in the mid $50s. All the folks selling privately should try to offload ASAP.
I went through Dublin, CA store and asked for Katherine as was suggested by the Palo Alto store.
The car in question (P85 with VIN in the low 10,000s) has 19" wheels, pano, tech, supercharger, sound-studio, obeche-wood, black-performance seats, with ~50k miles)

I talked to someone at the Dublin, CA store. She said she had lots of options for me (60K, pano roof, rear facing seats, s85). This was great as my local guy in DC said that everyone was waiting. The problem was that I guess I was already in the system. Instead of sending me the cars directly, the CA rep sent them to the DC rep to give to me. The DC guy called me and said he talked to corporate and that no one is allowed to sell those cars yet.

I thought I had tricked the system, but no joy.

grrr...still waiting.

I talked to someone at the Dublin, CA store. She said she had lots of options for me (60K, pano roof, rear facing seats, s85). This was great as my local guy in DC said that everyone was waiting. The problem was that I guess I was already in the system. Instead of sending me the cars directly, the CA rep sent them to the DC rep to give to me. The DC guy called me and said he talked to corporate and that no one is allowed to sell those cars yet.

I thought I had tricked the system, but no joy.

grrr...still waiting.
Well somebody is selling them. Got sent a P85 today with all options except rear seats pearl white 48k miles for $51k. Asked for pics, received them shortly after received an email that vehicle had been sold.

Edit: Quoted the wrong post, I was replying to Drucifer

Looking at the going prices on Ebay, 85Ds/90Ds are rare and when they do come up, the price difference between used and new isn't even as much as the $7500 rebate in many cases. P85Ds are a little cheaper, but they are still more expensive than brand new 90Ds.

Reactions: Drucifer
I had the same experience in DC. I was told by my Owner Advisor that the only vehicles available were those that I could see on the public website. When I brought up the fact that people seemed to be getting options from stores that were not on the website he said that that used to be the case but was not true anymore.

After I put my deposit on one of the few remaining CPOs I read someone here's posts that he was given a number of unlisted options to choose from, though older and higher mileage, and he bought a Sig. By that time, my region's Pre-Owned Advisor had contacted me about my purchase. He also said that he could only see the cars that I could see. I told him about the Sig that had just been purchased and when he got back to me he said he had researched it and the car was on the public website for a day or two. He reiterated that the inventory he has access to on Tesla's servers, even as the Pre-Owned Advisor, is no different than the public website.

I don't think he's misleading me (I really hope not), so it seems to me that the only other possibility is that some Tesla employees are much more in the loop than others. Apparently, DC is not in the loop.

I still got a good deal for what I purchased if the pricing strategy doesn't change when the CPOs are available to everyone again. The same rep assured me that that would be the case. I'm hoping he's more in the loop on this policy than on the CPO inventory!