Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be that the price is lower if an advisor locks in a buyer before it hits the web site. This lowers the exposure that would lead to perceived price erosion of Tesla overall. It would not be tracked by non-Tesla CPO price trackers.

You may be on to something. I was forwarded a few S60s with several options that were in the 43.5k-44.6k range...now very similarly spec'ed vehicles with similar mileage seem to be several thousand more on the pre-owned site.

Cheapest one on the CPO site is $47.6k, and it has FEWER options than the ones I was forwarded in the last few days by my CPO advisor prior to the CPO "flood".

For example, look at 60 kWh Model S P15987 | Tesla Motors , then compare it to:

-2013 S60
-51.6k Miles
-Red Exterior
-Tan Leather Interior
-Pano roof
-Upgraded Sound
-Air Suspension
-Tech Package
-19” Wheels
($44,700)

Great! Now for the wait. Hopefully by Saturday 5/28.

SD Diver,

That is an awesome looking car your purchased yesterday. Can you confirm if it is a CPO or Used car?

Working with a guy that Camera-Cruiser turned me on to in Buena Park (not in the CPO group) who thinks your car and another P85+ also sold in SD yesterday were Used. He seems to think 50K is the CPO mileage limit compared to the 60K many users have posted. Trying to establish what CPO P85(+) cars are going for in the flood.

Tried to send this question to you via PM but couldn't figure out how. I see how to start a conversation and limit who can join, but that didn't look like PM.

SD Diver,

That is an awesome looking car your purchased yesterday. Can you confirm if it is a CPO or Used car?

Working with a guy that Camera-Cruiser turned me on to in Buena Park (not in the CPO group) who thinks your car and another P85+ also sold in SD yesterday were Used. He seems to think 50K is the CPO mileage limit compared to the 60K many users have posted. Trying to establish what CPO P85(+) cars are going for in the flood.

Tried to send this question to you via PM but couldn't figure out how. I see how to start a conversation and limit who can join, but that didn't look like PM.

While I don't have the purchase details, I was staring at that listing all day yesterday. From what I interpreted from Tesla's website, it was, in fact, a CPO.

While I don't have the purchase details, I was staring at that listing all day yesterday. From what I interpreted from Tesla's website, it was, in fact, a CPO.
If it's on the CPO website, it's a CPO. Based on what my CPO advisor has told me, if they are selling a car AS-IS, it's pretty straight forward through an advisor, and never on the site. (Meaning they don't hide the fact there's no coverage).
I've been offered cars as CPO with up to 65K miles on them. I'm sure there's a ceiling but I don't know what it is. Regardless they will be clear if they don't come with the CPO warranty.

Last edited:
SD Diver,

My car had 51,xxx miles when bought it, and it is a CPO.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm absolutely amazed Tesla does this. Almost can't believe it but I've heard stories.
So did they then 'admit it' after receiving the letter? And how did Corporate Tesla handle the situation if we may ask?

Ski

In my case, they said they wouldn't be responsible for any faulty repairs by the prior owner and I had to pay for the repaint out of my own pocket.

If I was going to buy a low VIN CPO it would have to be a Sig Red model. You know it's loaded, and at least it comes with a full CPO warranty to solve any issues that might pop up. Besides that I wouldn't buy anything under around vin 14k. (late-ish 2013)

I love Sig Red Tesla's, they are damn sexy but total rattle buckets. I have riden in two of them and it was not good. If they were in the $30K range I would probably buy one.

That is a really nice one. Tempting to say the least. I just couldn't figure a way to say to my wife that we needed a faster Tesla. I'll wait a bit longer to spring that on her.

Are you coming to Buena Park to pick it up? The train station in Fullerton is only 3 miles away.
That's good to know. I was going to have my wife take me up, but living about 5 miles away from the Solana Beach train station, this is definitely an option. Can always Uber it. Is Buena Park the same as the Costa Mesa service center?