Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what Tesla's Pre-owned financing is like? I know they have a special for new cars through Alliant (1.74%!), but can't find much info for the CPO's.

Alliant gave me 2.74% for both 60 and 72 month terms last month for my CPO. They said there was a special from Tesla. I don't recall when the special was supposed to end.

They would only finance 85% of the actual purchase price (as opposed to 85% of the NADA value). They told me they would finance 100% of the price of a new Tesla.

Good luck!

I bought a CPO car last year that had a nice huge dent in it that they did not tell me about. The whole side of the car was painted to blend in. I did not find this out until I tried to trade it in a a dealer. Tesla was pretty sketchy about admitting the whole thing until they got a certified letter from a very bitchy attorney.

Alliant gave me 2.74% for both 60 and 72 month terms last month for my CPO. They said there was a special from Tesla. I don't recall when the special was supposed to end.

They would only finance 85% of the actual purchase price (as opposed to 85% of the NADA value). They told me they would finance 100% of the price of a new Tesla.

Good luck!

Truliant (local here in NC) gave me 2.14% for 60 months on a CPO and financed 90% of the car (or required $5k down plus I pay the doc/delivery/taxes as cash, in other words). They would have gone to 72 months for 2.64%, but I thought it better to save the half a percent.

Truliant Federal Credit Union | NC, SC, VA Credit Union

I bought a CPO car last year that had a nice huge dent in it that they did not tell me about. The whole side of the car was painted to blend in. I did not find this out until I tried to trade it in a a dealer. Tesla was pretty sketchy about admitting the whole thing until they got a certified letter from a very bitchy attorney.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm absolutely amazed Tesla does this. Almost can't believe it but I've heard stories.
So did they then 'admit it' after receiving the letter? And how did Corporate Tesla handle the situation if we may ask?

Ski

I'd call that "bluff". Tesla is not in control of the used market per se, the market itself is. The only way this would make sense is if they upped the cost of a new S by a substantial amount. The delta needs to be significant enough between new and CPO to move sales of new, inventory and CPO. Tesla is sitting on hundreds of CPO that are all depreciating assets and holding up much needed cash. I don't buy it and sounds like a classic sales pitch (very unlike Tesla) but still human nature.
Agreed. Not sure what to really believe is the motive, if it's truly a ploy or if there really is something else going on. I'm sitting on the fence, not sure if to jump off or keep sitting.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm absolutely amazed Tesla does this. Almost can't believe it but I've heard stories.
So did they then 'admit it' after receiving the letter? And how did Corporate Tesla handle the situation if we may ask?

Ski

Yep, I was contacted by Tesla and got pictures of the damage and I was lucky enough to sell the car to someone who did not car about the damage. Still pissed me off. Tesla has now changed the wording of their agreements.

I'm not impressed by the prices on the 60s. Makes me glad I got mine when I did because I think it was a better deal.

Good luck!
I also got 2.74% for 60 months from Chase back in January. My local bank was higher and I have the odd problem of an 800 credit score plus a microscopic income, so my financing options were limited. Anyway, the investments I'd have to sell to buy the car for cash do a lot better than 2.74% so I was pleased with that rate. I also really like Chase car loans because they appear on the same website as a couple of my Chase credit cards and it makes it really easy to manage the account.

On the phone waiting to hear. 3-4 week wait shipping Atlanta to San Diego vs 10 miles away. $1500 savings in shipping cost.
Whew! Done! This morning I ordered a 2013 85: Metallic Blue, std 19" wheels, pano, tan Nappa, lacewood, tech, uhfs, subzero, 31k miles, $59,300 + $1500 shipping. Just changed it to a 2013 P85+, Metallic Silver, 21" grey turbine wheels, pano, black nappa, glossy obeche, tech, sas, uhfs, prem interior lighting, carbon fiber spoiler, 50k miles, $57,600 + $0 shipping. Both have power folding mirrors, parking sensors, etc. Still have to wait - just hopefully not as long. Just ordered a vanity plate - NRGISED.

Whohooo!

The price increase is probably NOT a bluff. My take it tesla is trying to do what amazon does all the time. They release a bunch of cars a a pretty decent price compared to the last 2-3 months. Hence there will be an expected rush for these cars. To control the demand, they just jack up the price. I expect this price jump continue until demand falls off. I am actually surprised that many cars are sold in one day. I guess people have very short memory of prices. Like others have said the prices are about the samw as 7-8 months ago with the great pruge. But now the cara are 7-8 months older and have more mileage. I am for sure sitting on the side. For those who can't wait, go for it. Pick up all those old high mileage cars. Once they clear them out tesla will have no choice but to put the better optioned and lower mileage and newer cars at similar price. I am not going to be fooled by tesla's pricing scheme.

Reactions: BigAirHarper
Whew! Done! This morning I ordered a 2013 85: Metallic Blue, std 19" wheels, pano, tan Nappa, lacewood, tech, uhfs, subzero, 31k miles, $59,300 + $1500 shipping. Just changed it to a 2013 P85+, Metallic Silver, 21" grey turbine wheels, pano, black nappa, glossy obeche, tech, sas, uhfs, prem interior lighting, carbon fiber spoiler, 50k miles, $57,600 + $0 shipping. Both have power folding mirrors, parking sensors, etc. Still have to wait - just hopefully not as long. Just ordered a vanity plate - NRGISED.

Whohooo!

Ah dang! You pulled the trigger faster than I could! I've been staring at that one all day, but just couldn't do it. It didn't help that my wife's Audi broke down last night and I had to spend a couple of hours fixing it after work today... Enjoy!