Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are some negative reviews of Texas Direct out there, and I would not be surprised if they have accident cars that just happen to have clean autochecks / carfaxes. One scenario you see is an accident occurs, but has not yet hit carfax. It sells w/o the carfax isdue, and then the buyer gets a nasty surprise (or detects the repaired accident damage when they pick the car up). These guys move a lot of cars though, so honestly they probably have a mix of everything. It looks like they also just merged with Vroom. It does appear they are becoming Tesla's "new CPO program" in many ways though!

I wish I was closer to these guys so I could check out the cars in person more easily. Yes, I'm in Texas too, but it's a big friggin' state as these guys are almost 300 miles away!

My theory on Texas Direct Auto? Besides getting cars that may not get past the Tesla CPO criteria into the state? It is a way to get Teslas into Texas unencumbered. There are three stores - Dallas, Ft. Worth and Austin. But they still can't sell new cars directly in Texas. Dump some to a high-volume used car seller and they fly under the radar. It doesn't help those who want to customize their order. They will still have to pick up out of state. But their presence goes up AND justifies all those Superchargers they built in a state in which they cannot sell!

My theory on Texas Direct Auto? Besides getting cars that may not get past the Tesla CPO criteria into the state? It is a way to get Teslas into Texas unencumbered. There are three stores - Dallas, Ft. Worth and Austin. But they still can't sell new cars directly in Texas. Dump some to a high-volume used car seller and they fly under the radar. It doesn't help those who want to customize their order. They will still have to pick up out of state. But their presence goes up AND justifies all those Superchargers they built in a state in which they cannot sell!

Interesting. They do seem to have cars that might have been "inventory" cars given the low miles on some of them. Tesla cuts them a deal on price, Texas Direct takes the rebate, and Tesla records a sale - win, win. The "almost' new cars appear to be effectively discounted by at least the amount of the rebate.
Of course, based on the number of Model Ses I see around here, the "selling in Texas" doesn't appear to be a huge issue. It is, of course, an anathema to buyers used to "walking in and buying a car" but that's more a question of "no local inventory" than anything.

Once or twice now I have seen signature editions pop up on the CPO site, for example this one today which seems like a great deal for an 85:
85 kWh Model S S00344 | Tesla Motors

85 kWh Model S
46,682 miles
S00344
Located in Orange County/San Diego
$50,400

Is there necessarily anything good or bad about signature editions to keep in mind?
I know they are "special" but not sure if in a good or bad way (especially as a CPO)?

Once or twice now I have seen signature editions pop up on the CPO site, for example this one today which seems like a great deal for an 85:
85 kWh Model S S00344 | Tesla Motors

85 kWh Model S
46,682 miles
S00344
Located in Orange County/San Diego
$50,400

Is there necessarily anything good or bad about signature editions to keep in mind?
I know they are "special" but not sure if in a good or bad way (especially as a CPO)?

Few differences i can think of is Signature Red color and being inspected better than production models. Cons are no parking sensors , very early Models , resale value after couple of years( Not sure about this , Currently Signature Models have much higher price than standard Models for some reason)

A CPO advisor, Tyler, literally told me that high mileage is all they'll be releasing for sale as CPOs. That, mixed in with low optioned cars, non-pano cars, and cars with damage history. Pretty crazy, especially compared to CPOs just 5-6 months ago. Either demand is super high or this is a Tesla strategy. Either way, sucks for those looking for high quality, high spec'd, low mileage CPOs.

On the other side, what these high mileage cars are doing are cannibalizing the private market. A CPO, high mileage P85 for 55-60K seriously undercuts the private market.

Interesting. They do seem to have cars that might have been "inventory" cars given the low miles on some of them. Tesla cuts them a deal on price, Texas Direct takes the rebate, and Tesla records a sale - win, win. The "almost' new cars appear to be effectively discounted by at least the amount of the rebate.

Of course, based on the number of Model Ses I see around here, the "selling in Texas" doesn't appear to be a huge issue. It is, of course, an anathema to buyers used to "walking in and buying a car" but that's more a question of "no local inventory" than anything.

I think this is the correct answer and a brilliant strategy to circumvent the Texas sales issues :cool:

A CPO advisor, Tyler, literally told me that high mileage is all they'll be releasing for sale as CPOs. That, mixed in with low optioned cars, non-pano cars, and cars with damage history. Pretty crazy, especially compared to CPOs just 5-6 months ago. Either demand is super high or this is a Tesla strategy. Either way, sucks for those looking for high quality, high spec'd, low mileage CPOs.

On the other side, what these high mileage cars are doing are cannibalizing the private market. A CPO, high mileage P85 for 55-60K seriously undercuts the private market.

I think that is probably because with CPO prices as they are now, a loaded, low mileage CPO would be priced very competitively with a new S60 after tax credit.

Anyone else get barraged with Tesla doubters while waiting for their car? I'm not saying I am getting cold feet but getting sent a million questionable links about any negative Tesla news story (which there are apparently a billion of) is starting to get to me.

Oh, my future Tesla. I won't give up on you.

Anyone else get barraged with Tesla doubters while waiting for their car? I'm not saying I am getting cold feet but getting sent a million questionable links about any negative Tesla news story (which there are apparently a billion of) is starting to get to me.

I think its normal, especially if you have been preaching the gospel of Tesla to them at all. The funny thing is that many people hadn't even heard of Tesla before this. I know that seems hard to believe for people who frequent these forums, but the general public just isn't aware of all things Tesla.

Reactions: SmartElectric

upload_2016-7-11_22-24-38.png

Yeah i saw the few cars. They are definitely not priced to moved if you know the price history. Moreover compared to the new model s60, these are not really a deal considering you can get tax credit on the new cars. Keep in mind you get a lot of other things too with the new s60 other rhan a new car.
1) new car
2) tax credit to bring the price closer to these cpo
3) a more reliable car. The 2012 and 2013 are notorious for quailty issues
4) can charge to 100% all the time without worrying about degradation.
5) auto pilot (really drive assist imo)
6) and other little things like parking sensor, fast stock charger, folding mirrors, etc.

Overall at these cpo prices i would easily pick the new s60d over these old high mileage s85s. I think these should be around 45K at most for s85.

You're forgetting you can get a loaded car for less then a new base model.
Exactly--not gonna lie, I was originally considering a base model X but I live in Ohio, so some of the sub zero features are actually safety features for me. Then I looked at the lower priced new Model S 60 base but once I added a modest spec or two I ended up with an $80k car again. Since no one else in my life is sold on this electric thing, and they're all enjoying telling me how long they think Tesla's going to last, when I saw a fully loaded 85 without autopilot for the same price as my last BMW, I felt I could take the plunge.

Labfm, "A CPO, high mileage P85 for 55-60K seriously undercuts the private market." ... by this you mean other resales, right? I agree. The last car I was considering was a 2 owner 20k miler 85 for about 60k and I ended up with a fully loaded CPO for less. Of course it is a year older with more miles, but the monthly payment will be a lot less.

I know you didn't say this, but I definitely don't think the used sales are siphoning the away market for new vehicles. There are people like me, who could happily limp along with a used ICE until a shiny new M3 joins my side, but when the used Ss are similarly priced to other luxury cars we're persuaded to take the plunge.

Just FYI for you all who are getting a CPO and installing a new outlet/charger, not sure how this credit works or if it will apply to you but it's been renewed. I am not an accountant or tax atty but check out the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit.

• Informative
Reactions: Bgarret

Going through this right now , probably have couple of weeks to delivery