Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery almost 3 months after my CPO odyssey began (and 7 weeks after ordering this particular CPO).
They did a nice job fixing the scratches along the spoiler, the marks you see on there in the photo's below wiped off. There is a large "scratch" along the entire length of the hood from nose to front window, but it looks more like something they just neglected to buff out. (see pic)
They noted it on the due bill, along with a smaller 4" scratch just behind the driver front tire in-between the wheel well and the start of the door jam along the bottom (no pics of that one). Paint is in ok shape, it's got 50,000 miles on it so I didn't expect it to have a like new showroom shine, but they waxed it up nice so it looks pretty good.
Rides nice as you would expect, no mystery noises although the AC compressor is a little loud, not sure if that's normal. GPS took awhile to figure out where the car was, but after about 30 minutes of driving it seems to have found it's bearings. A few minor knicks here and there, but nothing major. Interior is in great shape, but there is a tiny tear on the bottom back of the passenger seat, looks like someones feet pushed down when getting in the car and tore the fabric a little. Not huge but if it gets kicked again it looks like it will tear worse easily.

My biggest disappointment was that there weren't folding mirrors, even though my CPO advisor thought there would be. Not sure what to do about that, but it's really the only let down at this point.
Overall pretty happy. Now for LTE upgrade and window tint.

IMG_9494.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9495.JPG
    IMG_9495.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9499.JPG
    IMG_9499.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9500.JPG
    IMG_9500.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 58
@Fiver,

Congrats on finally getting your Baby! I'm impressed with the job they did in front of the spoiler after seeing the original photos. Really nice. I can't believe they delivered it with that long hood scratch....that looks scary. Hopefully it cleans up as nice as the spoiler.
Glad you're happy with the rest of the car! Enjoy!:)

Ski

I found the car on EVCPO but wasn't using the advanced option codes. Codes are hit or miss. The window sticker showed paint armor but it was removed prior to me picking it up. (part of why the nose looks decent, I'd guess.)

Thanks, I was curious as to how accurate the codes are. I suppose if your advisor didn't even reliably know what was on the car, I will just have to take a leap of faith when I am ready to pull the trigger.

Downside of the continuous upgrades I suppose.

Thanks, I was curious as to how accurate the codes are. I suppose if your advisor didn't even reliably know what was on the car, I will just have to take a leap of faith when I am ready to pull the trigger.

Downside of the continuous upgrades I suppose.
Yea, this car was built after the fall 13 "refresh" as it has the premium interior lighting. Since it was loaded to the hilt with every available option at the time (minus RFS), my CPO advisor surmised that it would have the folding mirrors. I mean if you drop over $120,000 on a car, you'd probably add the $500 folding mirrors right? Alas it appears it either wasn't an option to order when the car was built, or it was skipped? Who knows. VIN just over 20,000.

/edit It does have parking sensors.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Az_Rael
Yea, this car was built after the fall 13 "refresh" as it has the premium interior lighting. Since it was loaded to the hilt with every available option at the time (minus RFS), my CPO advisor surmised that it would have the folding mirrors. I mean if you drop over $120,000 on a car, you'd probably add the $500 folding mirrors right? Alas it appears it either wasn't an option to order when the car was built, or it was skipped? Who knows. VIN just over 20,000.

I just picked up my CPO P85+ today too. I also ordered this one 7 weeks ago. It was supposed to have power folding mirrors too, but I don't seem to have them. I'm going to ask to get them added.

Reactions: Fiver
does anyone know how tesla prices their CPO cars? i see newer cars with lower miles cheaper than older higher miles cars. and no, im not talking about the signature cars. or for example a 85 more expensive than a p85. they all have similar options etc. is it the condition of the car that we arent able to see on the tesla site?

does anyone know how tesla prices their CPO cars? i see newer cars with lower miles cheaper than older higher miles cars. and no, im not talking about the signature cars. or for example a 85 more expensive than a p85. they all have similar options etc. is it the condition of the car that we arent able to see on the tesla site?
Often, as I discovered the hard way, there is cosmetic damage to the car as well.

Weren't the power folding mirrors part of the Tech Package at about that time like on this one?

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1DN8DFP28982 | Tesla

But at 22407 below does not:
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1CP6DFP22407 | Tesla

6,575 VINs between them, but power folding mirrors were added somewhere in between.

Power folding mirrors would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Price/value is key for me. I have a narrow garage door opening and currently parking my 2006 Infiniti M45 there. This baby is going to run 200,000, but I keep telling my wife that it is ten years old Daddy needs a new(er) car (like a P85[+])!

I need some expert opinion on a CPO TESLA Model S P85 that i'm interested in purchasing. The details are as follows: MODEL S P85, 2013, 51000+ Miles, Solid Black Paint, All Glass Panoramic Roof, Sound Studio Package, Active Air Suspension, Carbon Fiber Internal Decor, Black Performance Leather, Tech Package, 19'' Wheels, Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler, Supercharging, LED Cornering Lights, Power Lift gate, Lighted Door Handles and Premium Interior Lighting. The CPO price quoted by my TESLA CPO adviser is $49,900. I'm tempted to pull the trigger and go for it. I think it is a good deal. I would appreciate feedback from experienced TESLA owners and folks who are currently in the marker for a CPO MODEL S. Thoughts/Comments?

I need some expert opinion on a CPO TESLA Model S P85 that i'm interested in purchasing. The details are as follows: MODEL S P85, 2013, 51000+ Miles, Solid Black Paint, All Glass Panoramic Roof, Sound Studio Package, Active Air Suspension, Carbon Fiber Internal Decor, Black Performance Leather, Tech Package, 19'' Wheels, Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler, Supercharging, LED Cornering Lights, Power Lift gate, Lighted Door Handles and Premium Interior Lighting. The CPO price quoted by my TESLA CPO adviser is $49,900. I'm tempted to pull the trigger and go for it. I think it is a good deal. I would appreciate feedback from experienced TESLA owners and folks who are currently in the marker for a CPO MODEL S. Thoughts/Comments?
Agree with @Dreamer . Have you asked for photos, damage, Carfax, Aims inspection report, notable service issues, etc?

Having been in communication with a CPO advisor for quite some time, I have found that when a fully loaded P85 comes across the RADAR screen at less than 50k (before shipping) that it goes quickly. Good luck getting it!

I don't care how many miles it has on it (as long as it qualifies for CPO warranty). It is not necessarily indicative of condition and it has no bearing on the CPO warranty (which starts on delivery) nor drive train/battery warranty (which has unlimited mile warranty). So mileage doesn't matter.

My biggest disappointment was that there weren't folding mirrors

I had them retrofitted onto my early 2013 (built before folding mirrors were even an option). Depending on the wiring harness and model mirrors on the car, it may be a relatively cheap or expensive retrofit. My mirrors supported it (saved $1,500 to not replace those two), but my wiring harness didn't, so I had to have all 4 window switches rewired. If the wiring harness wasn't needed and the mirrors supported it, it would have only been like a $200 retrofit.

Weren't the power folding mirrors part of the Tech Package at about that time like on this one?

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1DN8DFP28982 | Tesla

But at 22407 below does not:
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1CP6DFP22407 | Tesla

6,575 VINs between them, but power folding mirrors were added somewhere in between.

Power folding mirrors would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Price/value is key for me. I have a narrow garage door opening and currently parking my 2006 Infiniti M45 there. This baby is going to run 200,000, but I keep telling my wife that it is ten years old Daddy needs a new(er) car (like a P85[+])!
VINs are not necessarily built sequentially so can't use that reliably. In the late 20K to mid-30K VINs, cars are all over the board if they have them or not. Seems like P models had them added much sooner than base models, which makes sense as that is how the build priority was.

All you need to do is check build codes and if it has X037, it has folding mirrors.

One couldn't add it if it wasn't available at the time. It was never a standalone option, but was part of the tech package, but was well into production before it was introduced. Same with parking sensors, although I believe at one time that was a standalone option.

All you need to do is check build codes and if it has X037, it has folding mirrors.

Be careful of this...My car actually had the X037 code attached to it, but when the vehicle actually came to my local SC it did not. So lesson of the day would be to make sure you confirm it via live eyes on the car before you hit that deposit button.

Yes, I did add it...but at a whole lotta a moola!

And the reverse is true also...people here have claimed getting features/upgrades that weren't originally on the build sheet. So it works both ways.

Last edited: