Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have wondered,
Some cars like this:
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1DP0DFP26001 | Tesla

Don't show up when you go through the front-end search tool on Tesla's web site, but do show up on 3rd party inventory tools. Is there any difference between those that show up and those that do not? Are those not on the public site not quite ready for delivery? Has anyone analyzed the delivery times for those on the public site vs. those not?

I have wondered,
Some cars like this:
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1DP0DFP26001 | Tesla

Don't show up when you go through the front-end search tool on Tesla's web site, but do show up on 3rd party inventory tools. Is there any difference between those that show up and those that do not? Are those not on the public site not quite ready for delivery? Has anyone analyzed the delivery times for those on the public site vs. those not?

That particular car seems to show up in Atlanta Pre Owned if you select "green metallic". But the way the Tesla site works is that behind the scenes it downloads a list of cars, but it might not display them all depending on the filter selections or display limits. At one point in time, Tesla limited the display to 100 cars... now it seems to be 500 on a page.

I see the previous price of $64,200 for that VIN on 8/8/2016. It shows up if you hover over the "Δ" symbol.

In order to keep the hits on the Tesla servers to a reasonable amount, prices changes you see on the Tesla site are not instantly reflected on EV-CPO.com. It could be an hour or even a day later. There are always going to be discrepancies since Tesla doesn't provide us with a streaming data feed of their changes.

yes, cpo models seem a bit overpriced. With such huge inventory, hopefully they reduce prices soon. The private sales market is sometimes insane, am really curious who's buying those used cars, some without warranty at some ridiculous prices listed on their respective websites.

Ok so it's September now and if end of 2015 was awesome, feels like it may as well make sense to wait until end of 2016 to see if things are great again while Tesla tries to push for 2016 total car sales?

Anyone else just doing that?

I'm not yet sure what model I'd go with. Was previously looking at P85's but now I think I'd prefer an 85D or some other D variant.

Ok so it's September now and if end of 2015 was awesome, feels like it may as well make sense to wait until end of 2016 to see if things are great again while Tesla tries to push for 2016 total car sales?

Anyone else just doing that?

I'm not yet sure what model I'd go with. Was previously looking at P85's but now I think I'd prefer an 85D or some other D variant.

I'm with you on that notion, I plan to buy around after Christmas and last week of December to try to push for killer deal on CPO

I'm with you on that notion, I plan to buy around after Christmas and last week of December to try to push for killer deal on CPO
While I wish you the best of luck and hope that CPO prices do decline to something like they were at the end of last year, I think the investment industry's boilerplate applies: "Past performance does not guarantee future results."

So, what do you guys think about how this news might affect the CPO program (bolding mine)?
Tesla to introduce new ‘Supercharger Credit’ system to reduce entry price of Model S & X

Sources familiar with the program have told Electrek that Tesla is about to introduce a new Supercharger Credit program to unbundle the cost of Supercharger access from the vehicle and consequently, lower the entry price of the Model S and X while ensuring that the value of the Supercharger network is better represented by the pricing model. The update could coincide with the release of OS 8 or 8.1.

Do you think Tesla will implement this on the CPO cars? So if I buy a CPO Tesla after this comes out, do I now have to also enable supercharging, whereas if I bought today, I wouldn't? Or would they grandfather the old cars?

If they are really trying to unbundle, I could see CPO cars being sold without lifetime supercharging included.

Man, this CPO buying process just got a lot more stressful.

And here today I was about to remove the "Supercharger Enabled" filter column on EV-CPO.com and replace it with "Ludicrous enabled". In all records stored on EV-CPO, only 44 cars out of about 6500 don't have SC enabled, so it wasn't really useful anyway. No currently listed cars have it either.

I'll still make this change to Ludicrous, but at least I know that at some point I may need to put "Supercharging enabled" back in if Tesla starts to make it an option for CPO/Inventory cars.

So, what do you guys think about how this news might affect the CPO program (bolding mine)?
Tesla to introduce new ‘Supercharger Credit’ system to reduce entry price of Model S & X

Sources familiar with the program have told Electrek that Tesla is about to introduce a new Supercharger Credit program to unbundle the cost of Supercharger access from the vehicle and consequently, lower the entry price of the Model S and X while ensuring that the value of the Supercharger network is better represented by the pricing model. The update could coincide with the release of OS 8 or 8.1.

Do you think Tesla will implement this on the CPO cars? So if I buy a CPO Tesla after this comes out, do I now have to also enable supercharging, whereas if I bought today, I wouldn't? Or would they grandfather the old cars?

If they are really trying to unbundle, I could see CPO cars being sold without lifetime supercharging included.

Man, this CPO buying process just got a lot more stressful.

@Az_Rael,

I'd like to think that as long as you purchase your CPO 'before' they roll this out 'live' you'd be grandfathered. After that no. It's a double edged sword if you look at it. The reason they're unbundling is to make the cars 'cheaper' and more 'inexpensive' to be more appealing to buyers. So.....it will then make your CPO more inexpensive by let's say $2500....a win I guess depending on how you look at it. BUT......you then have to 'cough up' $2500 to enable life time Supercharging if that's still an option. See what I'm saying? However, if you don't want lifetime unlimited Supercharging it's a win for you due to you saving the $$, you can just purchase the KhW credits as needed. Depends on how you look at it.

Ski

Reactions: HankLloydRight
It kinda feels like the way TelCos took away unlimited data away from customers. At first I was outraged, but then I realized I didn't use 'unlimited data' and have settled in to an amount I'm used to paying for.

Still a price to high! That I'm outraged... but I think the buffet style pricing of things only benefits a few!

Like Bjorn! (I love that guy) :D

@Az_Rael,

I'd like to think that as long as you purchase your CPO 'before' they roll this out 'live' you'd be grandfathered. After that no. It's a double edged sword if you look at it. The reason they're unbundling is to make the cars 'cheaper' and more 'inexpensive' to be more appealing to buyers. So.....it will then make your CPO more inexpensive by let's say $2500....a win I guess depending on how you look at it. BUT......you then have to 'cough up' $2500 to enable life time Supercharging if that's still an option. See what I'm saying? However, if you don't want lifetime unlimited Supercharging it's a win for you due to you saving the $$, you can just purchase the KhW credits as needed. Depends on how you look at it.

Ski

Yeah, I am actually interested in the lower price. Right now we don't really travel a lot on road trips, so depending on the pricing, a credit system might actually work well for me. So the question will be if the CPO cars all drop $2000 after the announcement or if they just leave them as is at the current prices except now you have to pay for supercharging. The way Tesla prices the CPOs I wouldn't put it past them to do this. Then if I wait to buy, I pay the same price and get less.

It's a conundrum, but I guess I will buy when I am ready to buy and take whatever the current situation as is. A Tesla Zen philosophy - the only way to stay sane I suppose. :)