Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone catch the $5000 s85 CPO at 49K miles? I tried to place the deposit but it looks like someone got there before me. A screen shot would be great!
i almost grabbed it, but figured it was a typo and i would be out 1,000

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 8.18.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 8.18.17 PM.png
    447.9 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: No2DinosaurFuel
My car was never listed on ev-cpo. I'm only noticing the inconsistencies in 2 versions of the same doc I received from Tesla.

I fully understand CPO cars listed for sale are subject to being actively used in the loaner fleet (mine was for some time). However, I've never read that these cars continue to be used DURING the refurbishment process.

Again, they may not have used the car during the refurbishment process. The mileage on the first form could simply be from before the car was returned to start the refurbishment process.

The loaner I had a couple weeks back was on the CPO. The website was consistently behind in reporting mileage. The second day I had it, I looked at the listing when I woke up and it was 120ish miles behind the actual mileage.

It is entirely possible that the car did not continue "being driven/accumulating miles while I waited", but was out as a loaner when you bought it and just needed to catch up to the miles when it was returned. Last year I put almost 500 miles on a loaner in one weekend.

I have a P85D loaner and just decided to take a look on the CPO site to see if it was listed. Car is listed with 11k miles, but actually has 14k miles. Interesting also, it does not show Ludacrous on the site but the car has it. I'm wondering if they activated it since the P85D emblem on the trunk doesn't have the bar/line below it. So if someone orders this one, they might get a 'surprise' when the click Controls and see Ludacrous mode!

Cross posting this here, since I know a lot of active CPO buyers follow this thread:

It looks like Tesla has just removed supercharging from all CPO cars. I opened 10 random cars and none of them have supercharging listed anywhere. Yesterday, all CPO cars had supercharging as one of the features. Just to give you an example, here is a CPO car:
85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1CN6DFP22597 | Tesla

HERE is the Google cache version of the same page. Notice that this cached version says "Supercharger Enabled" under the listed features.

Very glad I bought when I did.

We are looking at getting a CPO in late Jan. I know delivery time takes 3-5 weeks which is not a issue to us.

2 questions.

1. Anyone ever use the Carmax trade? Never delt with them and not sure if they are going to really low ball us on the car. 2015 Benz C300 fully loaded 15k miles..

2. My local CPO manager said the 14 model is much better than the 13 with the quality issues fixed. Any truths to that. I prefer to have the car not have it in the shop all the time.

We are looking at getting a CPO in late Jan. I know delivery time takes 3-5 weeks which is not a issue to us.

2 questions.

1. Anyone ever use the Carmax trade? Never delt with them and not sure if they are going to really low ball us on the car. 2015 Benz C300 fully loaded 15k miles..

2. My local CPO manager said the 14 model is much better than the 13 with the quality issues fixed. Any truths to that. I prefer to have the car not have it in the shop all the time.

1. My experiences with CarMax are a mixed bag. If your car is clean, and they can sell it on their lot, and there is good demand, they will give you a decent trade in on it. If your car has any issues, or is just not in demand (e.g. SUVs back when gas prices were really high) they give you a wholesale low offer.

2. I can't answer this one. What is the VIN differential? That might give you a better idea of how far apart the cars were built. I bought a 2013, but it was built in the 2nd half of the year. If you are looking at a November 2013 and a January 2014, then there won't be that much different between the cars. I haven't had mine long enough to comment on its reliability.

Reactions: Indpowr
Wait so if free supercharging is removed will they lower the prices? Probably not but it is a legitimate question.

The inventory cars also lack the supercharging. So I guess the fun is over. This is essentially a price increase on all CPO and inventory cars. Unless Tesla lowers the price across the board including the custom build model too.

I have a P85D loaner and just decided to take a look on the CPO site to see if it was listed. Car is listed with 11k miles, but actually has 14k miles. Interesting also, it does not show Ludacrous on the site but the car has it. I'm wondering if they activated it since the P85D emblem on the trunk doesn't have the bar/line below it. So if someone orders this one, they might get a 'surprise' when the click Controls and see Ludacrous mode!
do u have the link available for this loaner car...interested thx

do u have the link available for this loaner car...interested thx

Here's the link, looks like mileage is up to date, may have looked at a different one, saw one in my area that matched the description and assumed it was the one I was driving - didn't figure they had more than one with similar color/options. But I matched the VIN to make sure I gave you the link to the correct one.

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H29EFP63645 | Tesla

Here's the link of the one I thought I had and commented on with the 11k miles:

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H25EFP63111 | Tesla

If you are seriously interested in the one I'm driving, let me know and I'll tell you about a few things I've observed that I would have them address before taking delivery. I'm very picky when it comes to my cars and there are a couple of small things (actually 4) which would annoy me if this were my car but should be easily addressed if pointed out.

There are actually 2 things that I noticed which aren't listed on the CPO listing:
1. This car has the Tesla drop in center console (with iPhone dock installed) - this isn't mentioned in the CPO listing either.
2. Ludicrous

Hope that helps.

By the way, I do have a P85 and 90D up for sale if you're interested:

P85:
2013 Tesla Model S P85 - Panoramic Roof + XPEL + Passport 9500ci w Laser Shifters + extras -$63K

90D
2016 Tesla Model S 90D - Titanium - Panoramic Roof + XPEL

Last edited:
I doubt Supercharging has been removed. However, the original 40s and 60s are such a small number of cars now that it likely wasn't worth specifically calling out a feature that 99% of the cars on the site had, especially if Tesla would simply turn on the feature on every car they sell as a CPO (not a given, but likely - like they do with AutoPilot on cars turned in w/o the feature on, but the hardware present).

CPOs are getting down there. Almost in the 30s.. They have two for 43k right now for the S60 models. Maybe after first of the year they will discount the P85s that I am looking at.

I don't see the ones for 43k on the tesla site. Do you have links?
What do you think is a good price for a CPO P85? I'm looking for a cheap one with parking sensors (among other options; so 2014 and newer).

The lowest priced parking sensor equipped P85s are still in the high 50s. 8 of them 2014 or newer have hit the ev-cpo site below 60k. If you are willing to go back to the earliest with parking sensors a couple of them have made it down all the way to 50. There are probably a few with past issues (accidents, repaints, etc) that never hit the site down close to that. My CPO adviser was certain that my original budget of 55k would be fine for getting a P85 if I was okay with an early one. If you're shopping Hank's site is really worth subscribing to.