Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been periodically checking CPO's to see if there are any good deals on an AP1/AP2... it seems like the inventory of CPO's has dropped off a cliff in recent months. I know leasees keep turning in their vehicles, but Tesla can't need that many of them for loaner vehicles. When I bought my CPO there were like 500 of them listed, currently there are 19 (and only three are on Tesla's page). That's just crazy to me.

• Informative
Reactions: mnm1945
Yeah, it happens from time to time where Tesla removes lots of CPO and/or Inventory cars for some reason, but usually they're added back after a few weeks or a month. It's easy to speculate why they do it, but I don't think anyone really knows for sure. Like maybe they're trying to push people towards new or Inventory cars instead of CPOs. Maybe they really did sell off the dead/stale CPO inventory to Texas Direct. Just hang in there, they will relist or repopulate the CPO inventory in time.

Yeah, it happens from time to time where Tesla removes lots of CPO and/or Inventory cars for some reason, but usually they're added back after a few weeks or a month. It's easy to speculate why they do it, but I don't think anyone really knows for sure. Like maybe they're trying to push people towards new or Inventory cars instead of CPOs. Maybe they really did sell off the dead/stale CPO inventory to Texas Direct. Just hang in there, they will relist or repopulate the CPO inventory in time.

Good point. From your prediction, when you do think the next batch of CPOs will become available? They can't be holding on to them forever... From what i've gathered around the web:
1. Tesla is holding on to those CPOs in order to encourage new inventory/custom order purchase. For Tesla, the next financial report has to look good. They posted a historical loss last quarter and can't afford to do that again. For new owners, they get to enjoy the very last federal tax credits (presumably ending 1/1/2018)
2. Tesla does not want to participate much in CPO sales, but rather push it to a third party to handle it. The numbers of Tesla on the road are greatly increasing, yet the service centers have not been expanded/upgraded. Giving additional warranties (i.e 4 years with vehicles less than 50k miles) to CPOs definitely could create more problems for service centers to handle.
3. Tesla must sell the remaining inventory vehicles in order to announce to new upgraded version model S/X with different internal design. Nobody would purchase the current version vehicles once the new design is announced.

2. Tesla does not want to participate much in CPO sales, but rather push it to a third party to handle it. The numbers of Tesla on the road are greatly increasing, yet the service centers have not been expanded/upgraded. Giving additional warranties (i.e 4 years with vehicles less than 50k miles) to CPOs definitely could create more problems for service centers to handle.

On the last earnings call, they said they expect to quadruple the CPO/pre-owned sales in 2018 to around a billion dollars in revenue. So they are most certainly interested in selling the CPO's.

Looks like Tesla is pulling their location data from a couple different places. I noticed that several are listed in one location but then when you click for details, it shows a different location. Actually, I just checked again and the location for nearly all of them has been removed. So you know most are just somewhere in the US. There's are also large numbers in Arizona and California.

Looks like Tesla is pulling their location data from a couple different places. I noticed that several are listed in one location but then when you click for details, it shows a different location. Actually, I just checked again and the location for nearly all of them has been removed. So you know most are just somewhere in the US. There's are also large numbers in Arizona and California.
Looks like they added the locations back but lots of them are showing the wrong location again.

Interesting Sig-Red P85+ CPO just listed for $52,900:

Used Inventory | Tesla

Don't think I've ever seen a P85+ in Sig-Red before. Could be another "unicorn."

I heard of one person on TMC who had their P85 Sig-Red retrofitted with the + suspension, but I think this is different.

upload_2018-2-12_14-48-59.png

Interesting Sig-Red P85+ CPO just listed for $52,900:

Used Inventory | Tesla

Don't think I've ever seen a P85+ in Sig-Red before. Could be another "unicorn."

I heard of one person on TMC who had their P85 Sig-Red retrofitted with the + suspension, but I think this is different.

View attachment 279951
Came here to post about this car, never heard of a signature car being in the 10k vin range.

Reactions: HankLloydRight