Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (Model S & X) no longer eligible for Ontario rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Um.. maybe he is one of those people who do vote in an informed manner and not based off of 1 issue...

Even if she offered me a free car... i wouldnt vote for her either because of her performance thus far on many other key issues.
Like I said I would rather pay full price... My personal business and finances are more than just evip.

Even though the PCs are trying everything they can to get me to not vote for them I'm not going to let them not get my vote!

• Funny
Reactions: Struja
It’s not like the government it out any money on these incentives. First off it’s money they receive for the carbon market cap and trade program they have in place and secondly they are just giving back the provincial tax they get from the sell of the car. If you want to break the cycle and get off ICE vehicles you have to provide incentives. The $75,000.00 is just an arbitrary number the government came up with as a ceiling. So saying there is no reason to give people an incentive on cars over $75,000.00 just fits in with people who can’t afford a more expensive car. So let’s just set the cut off number at $35,000.00 and make the incentive $1,000.00. How about that, does that work for you. If you want to receive green energy incentives let’s make it just for EV’s not hybrids.
It comes out of the Green Ontario Fund. That doesn’t mean it’s free money. It could be used to improve public transportation, retrofit homes for energy efficiency, buy land to establish parks, or capture landfill gas. There are a million uses for that money that are better than for us to buy cars for ourselves.

In some thread or other I stated that I would vote for whom ever came out of the PC leadership race but after reading more about Ford, god help me but I think that I might have to, gulp, vote for Wynn. Ford started crying foul about the “elites” in the party who were going to cost him the leadership, before he won the thing. It looks like he is just a bag of right wing populist slogans with no platform other than the “drain the swamp” cliches that we hear from south of the border.

What I dearly would hope for is a fiscal conservativism and social liberalism. I thought we might get at least the first part with Harper federally and all I saw was a 25 billion dollar surplus turn into a 30 billion dollar deficit, with a boo hoo hoo that the other parties made me do it. After voting for him the first time I never did again. What the hell happened to the Bill Davis conservatives?

I will probably vote for the devil I know (Wynn) than the devil I don’t, who scares me worse (Ford). Oh, and the NDP scare me more than either of the other two.

• Funny
Reactions: Struja
In some thread or other I stated that I would vote for whom ever came out of the PC leadership race but after reading more about Ford, god help me but I think that I might have to, gulp, vote for Wynn. Ford started crying foul about the “elites” in the party who were going to cost him the leadership, before he won the thing. It looks like he is just a bag of right wing populist slogans with no platform other than the “drain the swamp” cliches that we hear from south of the border.

What I dearly would hope for is a fiscal conservativism and social liberalism. I thought we might get at least the first part with Harper federally and all I saw was a 25 billion dollar surplus turn into a 30 billion dollar deficit, with a boo hoo hoo that the other parties made me do it. After voting for him the first time I never did again. What the hell happened to the Bill Davis conservatives?

I will probably vote for the devil I know (Wynn) than the devil I don’t, who scares me worse (Ford). Oh, and the NDP scare me more than either of the other two.

I enjoyed that thoroughly. I thought PCs were a shoe-in for my vote until they started with the nonsensical social issues.

I enjoyed that thoroughly. I thought PCs were a shoe-in for my vote until they started with the nonsensical social issues.
Same here, along with the environmental ignorance and - most recently - Ford’s claim that the solution to housing affordability is to build more single family houses. As if we’re not already swamped with congestion.

Ops got two Liberals votes in this forum plus mine. I will just vote for EVIP sorry.

To my fellow Ontarian's.

Please do not vote Liberal JUST for the Ontario rebate!

There is much more at play than just one issue...

Kathleen Wynne has done an abysmal job on so many portfolios. Either vote responsibly... or dont vote at all.

Even if KW guaranteed the reintroduction of the full $14K rebate, I would NOT vote for her. (I would not vote for her regardless.)

Same here, along with the environmental ignorance and - most recently - Ford’s claim that the solution to housing affordability is to build more single family houses. As if we’re not already swamped with congestion.

Problem for the PC’s was that nut Granic-Allen pushing her one issue agenda (sex Ed curriculum) and pushed the entire party to the right, alienating moderates like most people I know. The PC message on the economy and spending resonates with me but they always lose me on social issues.

Most people will be afraid to cast a vote for Ford. He and his brother were a couple idiots and we don’t need more BS in politics. All we need is more late night comedy created by another Ford brother.

agreed!

My question is though... what is the NDP stance on.. well... anything?? I have never voted NDP before and It was always my understanding that the NDP were the middle ground between Libs and Conservatives. Has Andrea Horwath said anything??

agreed!

My question is though... what is the NDP stance on.. well... anything?? I have never voted NDP before and It was always my understanding that the NDP were the middle ground between Libs and Conservatives. Has Andrea Horwath said anything??
Liberals tend to be the middle ground not the NDP. I am agnostic to most social issues but identify as a social Liberal, the economy and finances resonate the most.

trying to understand if you think Conservative voters are "pro-voter suppression".

I hope that's not the case... Because that is a wide brush in which to paint.

You specifically advocated to suppress votes that don't agree with your world view. Read your own post. Do you still want people who don't have the same views avoid voting as you wrote earlier ?

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri
You specifically advocated to suppress votes that don't agree with your world view. Read your own post. Do you still want people who don't have the same views avoid voting as you wrote earlier ?

what!?!?!

I didn't tell people NOT to vote Liberal... I said don't vote liberal based solely off of 1 single issue. I just expressed my personal opinion on Kathleen Wynne's "abysmal job on so many portfolios". If she wasn't running again... I would actually VOTE LIBERAL

Here's the quote...

"To my fellow Ontarian's.

Please do not vote Liberal JUST for the Ontario rebate!

There is much more at play than just one issue...

Kathleen Wynne has done an abysmal job on so many portfolios. Either vote responsibly... or dont vote at all."

I think you need to look at the bolded part again....

The key takeaway from that was VOTE RESPONSIBLY... or don't vote at all.

Then... I said this...

"Im not advocating for voter suppression. On the contrary, i would love to see 100% voter turnout. The issue we have is ill informed votership. Which can be very dangerous.

Just look to the south for a perfect example. People were tired of "the establishment"... and voted in Trump with no actual knowledge of his policies and/or not fact checking.

Im actually in the exact same position as @Struja .i am curious as to your belief that the right wing is for voter suppression... but i digress...

My point is that people need to inform themselves before just jumping on party loyalty or just voting for someone based off of 1 issue alone."

Are you saying that an uneducated vote is better than no vote??? Because that is a terrible idea. *Trump* (He's a business man Donald Trump's 13 Biggest Business Failures , Women detail sexual allegations against Trump - CNNPolitics)

Personally, I feel that the PCs imploded the second they chose Ford. With Elliott they had a strong chance, but then they compounded that mistake with as you call it "nonsensical social issues" - which to me reads as "Ford Speak". I doubt things would be good for Toronto either - given Ford's dislike of Tory.

So, who do you vote for? None of the 3 main parties have any credibility in my eyes - Liberals need to go, NDP "I'm satisfied with the election results" and the PCs under Ford Nation. I guess it'll either be the Green Party or rejecting my ballot when it comes time but regardless change needs to happen - just none of the above.