Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it’s still a ‘proposal’

No it’s not a ‘proposal’. Drive is wrong.

The RUC and stamp duty changes for EVs is law in NSW. The Act received Royal Assent on 1 November last year, you can read the Act at the link below.

Electric Vehicles (Revenue Arrangements) Act 2021 No 25

While the RUC has not yet come into effect, the only way it won‘t is if this Act was repealed or amended prior. While the ALP has not yet released its EV strategy ahead of the next election, the ALP supported this Bill and voted for it in Parliament last year.

Did another 100 or so km run this morning on freeway going north M1. AP worked extremely well, no phantom brakes or weird stuff even when next to trucks. Also saw the chevron pattern when I was passing slower right lane cars. Even the Auto wipers seemed to be much better with alot less craziness that it could sometimes have in the past. No need for AHB so cannot comment about that.

Did another 100 or so km run this morning on freeway going north M1. AP worked extremely well, no phantom brakes or weird stuff even when next to trucks. Also saw the chevron pattern when I was passing slower right lane cars. Even the Auto wipers seemed to be much better with alot less craziness that it could sometimes have in the past. No need for AHB so cannot comment about that.
I'm also on 2022.28.2 and had to do some driving over the last few days in the rain. the wipers appear mostly fine during day time in rain, however driving at night in rain is still the same issue with the need to manually override the wipers as they become useless on automatic setting.

Drove from Horsham to Tailem Bend today mostly on Auto Pilot. Worked really well (28.2) - trucks, caravans, campers etc etc coming the other way and no problems. I did hang onto the steering wheel though!
Noticed for the first time that the car will slow down for 80km/h zones and then change back to 110km/h while on Auto Pilot. Mustn’t be a new feature but I have never tried it before.

Didn’t see any alternate routes for Horsham to Tailem Bend however 😬😬

Is there any real point in removing unused games? Never use any of them myself but removing them would simply free some storage space. Removal of a few games wont make the MCU or the rest of the cars interface any faster will it?
Depending on how storage is organised, it'll extend the lifetime of your eMMC by freeing up the space taken up by those games, slowing down the overwrite cycles by map and other ephemeral data.

Drove from Horsham to Tailem Bend today mostly on Auto Pilot. Worked really well (28.2) - trucks, caravans, campers etc etc coming the other way and no problems. I did hang onto the steering wheel though!
Noticed for the first time that the car will slow down for 80km/h zones and then change back to 110km/h while on Auto Pilot. Mustn’t be a new feature but I have never tried it before.

Didn’t see any alternate routes for Horsham to Tailem Bend however 😬😬
I find the Murray Bridge Chargefox to be in a nicer spot than the Tailem Bend Evie (though further off the highway if you're heading to Adelaide but I'm usually heading north from there). Easy from Keith even in a SR+ (I can't make it Horsham -> Tailem Bend in one shot; and besides, "Keef" has a nice kids park where I stacked bad last time pushing the kids on that dangerous awesome trolley thing). Never been to the new Tesla chargers just east of Tailem Bend (at the racetrack isn't it?). The drive Mel-Adel is a doddle with Autopilot.

Sorry bit O.T.

A further 80kms today on the freeway and AP was 99% perfect. Heavy traffic from Gosford to Castle Hill so very stop start. I read somewhere that having the follow distance at 4 or more helped in the smoothness for stop/start traffic. So I set it at 5 and it was actually the smoothest it has ever been.
My wife also commented that it seemed to be really good and actually didn't realise that it was all AP for all of the time on the freeway.
Trust factor is growing exponentially for AP on freeway for me.
Thumbs up for daytime AP again.

Reactions: cafz and Maximillan
Can I please ask is this standard AP?
Have tried it again after 12months of owning M3 standard and when I turned it on, it grabbed the wheel so hard to try and auto steer. I don’t know maybe I should only try it on freeway
I tried it on hwy at 80kms and did not give me much confidence

Just not convinced but maybe just me…
A further 80kms today on the freeway and AP was 99% perfect. Heavy traffic from Gosford to Castle Hill so very stop start. I read somewhere that having the follow distance at 4 or more helped in the smoothness for stop/start traffic. So I set it at 5 and it was actually the smoothest it has ever been.
My wife also commented that it seemed to be really good and actually didn't realise that it was all AP for all of the time on the freeway.
Trust factor is growing exponentially for AP on freeway for me.
Thumbs up for daytime AP again.

One area where there seems to have been constant improvement over the past year of releases is Vampire Drain. Now admittedly my LTE seems to have been off the air for a while (documented in the "Cannot wake from App" thread). However, the car went to sleep over 4 days ago with 77% battery and I just woke it up and it is still at 77%! So, worst case, 0.25% loss per day. This is very acceptable indeed. That is with the car unlocked in the garage and in deep sleep.

One area where there seems to have been constant improvement over the past year of releases is Vampire Drain. Now admittedly my LTE seems to have been off the air for a while (documented in the "Cannot wake from App" thread). However, the car went to sleep over 4 days ago with 77% battery and I just woke it up and it is still at 77%! So, worst case, 0.25% loss per day. This is very acceptable indeed. That is with the car unlocked in the garage and in deep sleep.
Cannot agree with that. My S now looses 10-12km per day also unlocked in gagage and deep sleep. Camera’s off. Was 2km per day a year ago.

Different model cars, different battery, different age?
I'm just reporting my 3LR after 13 months of ownership.
Reviewing a year of Teslamate records of vampire drain confirms the improvement for my car.
I'm sorry yours has gone the other direction.
Maybe the newer car electronics has more scope for turning off/down drain?

The other thing is that I am reporting traction battery % and you are presumably reporting range decrease. Also, mine is a best case figure because the car has not been waking up at all whereas it used to awake for 30mins each day.
My range in km has not changed since the day I took delivery 4 years ago. The current issue is the number of km it uses sitting in the garage. Something happened in the last 6 months to cause a substantial increase. I’m going to do a test against my other same age (and similar distance driven) S and see if its the car or a generic issue