Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Im getting update from 2024.14.3 to 2024.14.7 same as everyone else. The update appears to be almost 1.1GB, so hopefully contains some improvements:
1716446075938.png

Hey, ZeeDoctor:
If they offered the Plaid S right now in Australia:
Would you buy one?????
I probably would, I still think at this point in time Tesla makes the best EVs by far. But I'm not in a hurry... which is good considering their plans. For Australia, my preferred transport would be a Range Rover form factor and suspension but with Tesla drive train and tech in it. The roads (mainly in the city mind you) are just not maintained to first world car standards.

Reactions: Maximillan
Hi everyone, I'm picking up my Model Y next week and I ordered it with Enhanced Autopilot (probably a big mistake?!?!)
Is there anyone here that has Enhanced Autopilot with HW4 and can confirm what is actually available right now in Australia?
On Tesla website things like Smart Summon and Autopark are marked as 'upcoming' 🥸 while they are fully available in US...
Are we ever gonna get any of these functionalities included in EAP here in Australia?? Or did I waste $5.1K at all ?

Hi everyone, I'm picking up my Model Y next week and I ordered it with Enhanced Autopilot (probably a big mistake?!?!)
Is there anyone here that has Enhanced Autopilot with HW4 and can confirm what is actually available right now in Australia?
On Tesla website things like Smart Summon and Autopark are marked as 'upcoming' 🥸 while they are fully available in US...
Are we ever gonna get any of these functionalities included in EAP here in Australia?? Or did I waste $5.1K at all ?
I have EAP on my Model S. Smart summon works well, but I mostly use it with the key though just to back into/out of the parking at home. But even with the app in a parking lot it makes for a good show pony experience, and occasionally it's actually useful when it's bucketing down rain and the car comes to me, and it's parked outside, and the phone has a good enough GPS position, and the stars align... Navigate on autopilot also works quite well when in uncharted territory (for me) on highways around Melbourne for example, always puts me in the correct lanes well ahead of interchanges. I don't think it's a waste of money.

I have EAP on my Model S. Smart summon works well, but I mostly use it with the key though just to back into/out of the parking at home. But even with the app in a parking lot it makes for a good show pony experience, and occasionally it's actually useful when it's bucketing down rain and the car comes to me, and it's parked outside, and the phone has a good enough GPS position, and the stars align... Navigate on autopilot also works quite well when in uncharted territory (for me) on highways around Melbourne for example, always puts me in the correct lanes well ahead of interchanges. I don't think it's a waste of money.
Thanks for your reply!
You Model S still using USS, right? I don't think is Vison only like HW4 latest version...
It seems to me that older USS versions have the full EAP, while the new HW4 only have auto lane change and auto steer... ?!?

Reactions: ZeeDoktor
Thanks for your reply!
You Model S still using USS, right? I don't think is Vison only like HW4 latest version...
It seems to me that older USS versions have the full EAP, while the new HW4 only have auto lane change and auto steer... ?!?
Correct. They are supposed to be coming soon here as part of these updates that are currently rolling out. Nobody can tell you exactly when though.

Thanks for your reply!
I’m waiting for it to be available on the new model 3 too, haven’t dropped the cash on it yet tho, it’s still earning interest in the bank for now :)
Congrats on the new Model Y :)

I had the free EAP trial around 18 months ago on my Model Y, and thought it would be a perfect test as I did a 3300km Sydney - Melbourne trip in that time.

The only added feature that I used was the lane change whilst using auto pilot, and I didn't like it because it wouldn't handle muiti lane highways very well (it would freak if a car appeared in the lane next to the one you were changing into). In the end I really wanted EAP off the car so that I could just use autopilot on it's own.

Are we ever gonna get any of these functionalities included in EAP here in Australia?? - questions like this only reinforce my view that FSD and EAP are the crypto of car features.

I had the free EAP trial around 18 months ago on my Model Y, and thought it would be a perfect test as I did a 3300km Sydney - Melbourne trip in that time.

The only added feature that I used was the lane change whilst using auto pilot, and I didn't like it because it wouldn't handle muiti lane highways very well (it would freak if a car appeared in the lane next to the one you were changing into). In the end I really wanted EAP off the car so that I could just use autopilot on it's own.

Are we ever gonna get any of these functionalities included in EAP here in Australia?? - questions like this only reinforce my view that FSD and EAP are the crypto of car features.
EAP
I have EAP on my 2022 model 3. Works great, personally I feel I have the $5000 worth in the product. I use the lane changing ability constantly when on a freeway for more than 5 min. (we take 100km trips (Bris -> Noosa) every 2-3 weeks and 2000km trips (Bris -> Melb) every 6 months). The taking of exits has improved a lot in the last update for me.

Its not perfect, definitely can shy for an odd truck sometimes and, and certain areas on the Bris -> Melb trip it always has trouble changing lanes (doesn't seem to know it dual carriage way). There are some road markings near some exists that also confuse it. But I find the annoyance pales to the level of usefulness - I really dislike doing long driving without it now. The places it has issues are usually easy to spot and I am paying attention anyway.

SUMMON
Summun I don't use very much. We have a steep driveway and It won't go up the incline (hope this to be fixed one day).

AUTOPARK
I don't use the auto park much (faster myself) but the wife love that feature. (and I did back into a pillar and scrape the back corner panel at the airport one day - wife loves to remind me when I ask why she like the feature so much).

GENERAL
And over the time I have had the car it has improved so much in little things. Everytime I have to drive the CDI250 Mercedes we also have it feels like a brick and the out of date maps that have never been updated are a joke. Looking forward to the day with can switch it out for a second Tesla... (or whatever the best EV is at the time.. but from all I have seen I feel fairly confident the next EV will be a Tesla also)