Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 2019.40.50.7 and I noticed something new today....

It popped up a new speed limit sign for s school zone 40 below the 60 above and indicated it was time limited.

It seem to know the times, as it wasn't there when I drove in the reverse direction outside of the limit time period.

I have a slight suspicion it may have been from reading the sign rather than a map, but perhaps a map update has triggered it or the new software simply visualised something that was always known... Regardless, it is a very handy feature...

This feature came with the 2019 maps update. I got it in early December.
The data comes from the maps, not reading the signs.
And while it's a handy feature, it doesn't know about school holidays. It has been happening through out this holiday period.
It becomes annoying, especially as I have the alert tone enable for when I'm over the speed limit.

• Informative
Reactions: MC3OZ
This feature came with the 2019 maps update. I got it in early December.
The data comes from the maps, not reading the signs.
And while it's a handy feature, it doesn't know about school holidays. It has been happening through out this holiday period.
It becomes annoying, especially as I have the alert tone enable for when I'm over the speed limit.
For me it has been very random. I work in a school and it has never recognized the school zone around my work place, however driving through about 6-8 other school zones around Gold Coast, I have seen that school zone speed limit pop up probably about 10% of the time in the last month (yes, it is school holidays and it did not show up before the last nav update that came after school holidays started). It does not appear to actually always show up at correct times either as one time it showed me the school speed limit at 8PM, so probably a work in progress or early Alpha/Beta for my area.

• Informative
Reactions: MC3OZ
One of our posters said this earlier, and I can confirm it dramatically helps the voice control system:
Previously, you pushed the button once to start then once again to execute the voice command.
Now, you have to push and hold, say the voice command, wait until the command appears in printed form on the binnacle dash, then release.
Since i started doing that, it works every time....

One of our posters said this earlier, and I can confirm it dramatically helps the voice control system:
Previously, you pushed the button once to start then once again to execute the voice command.
Now, you have to push and hold, say the voice command, wait until the command appears in printed form on the binnacle dash, then release.
The previous system you did not have to push twice. You’d press, hold, make a statement and let go.
Model s or x, not sure about 3. Now you have to hold until its worked it out, and if you are very lucky it will work it out correctly.

Just got 2020.4.1 on MCU1. Went for a drive with NoA and it worked really quite well, though I wish it would be happy to overtake in left lanes; perhaps in other countries people actually move over when they're driving slower but not here... Fortunately you can just change into the left lane yourself by initiating a lane change, but that seems to defeat the purpose. So far the voice recognition has been a miserable failure for me. Not sure if it's because of MCU1 slowness on top of everything or that I'm supposed to activate it somehow differently but I was singularly unable to even get "drive home" working. It recognised the words, put them on the screen, but did nothing.

Just got 2020.4.1 on MCU1. Went for a drive with NoA and it worked really quite well, though I wish it would be happy to overtake in left lanes; perhaps in other countries people actually move over when they're driving slower but not here... Fortunately you can just change into the left lane yourself by initiating a lane change, but that seems to defeat the purpose. So far the voice recognition has been a miserable failure for me. Not sure if it's because of MCU1 slowness on top of everything or that I'm supposed to activate it somehow differently but I was singularly unable to even get "drive home" working. It recognised the words, put them on the screen, but did nothing.

Keep holding the button down until the action of the words you have spoken get activated (not just displayed on the screen)....pretty sure this is a bug that will be fixed but at the moment this work around is working well for me....

After the previous update broke voice commands (my words would be captured correctly, but it would then claim command not understood), I tried it again today and it worked. “Show me rear camera” came out as “Shirley rear camera” and yet the rear camera still got turned on :D

• Funny
Reactions: conman
After the previous update broke voice commands (my words would be captured correctly, but it would then claim command not understood), I tried it again today and it worked. “Show me rear camera” came out as “Shirley rear camera” and yet the rear camera still got turned on :D

Again, if you had of kept holding the button down until the command executed it would have worked also.

Your camera got turned on looking at Shirley’s rear? Thats AI gone a bit too far!

• Funny
Reactions: smithy
I’m getting the same behaviour.

The other thing I’ve noted is with starting just the ordinary cruise control (but not Autopilot or NoA) is that when I start cruise control and take my foot off the accelerator the car slows down a bit before accelerating to the set speed. It is a lot less smooth. Is anyone else seeing this?

I’m getting the same behaviour.

The other thing I’ve noted is with starting just the ordinary cruise control (but not Autopilot or NoA) is that when I start cruise control and take my foot off the accelerator the car slows down a bit before accelerating to the set speed. It is a lot less smooth. Is anyone else seeing this?
Yes. The only time it doesn't do it is if you set it while doing a speed over the limit, even 1 kmh over.

Reactions: Hairyman
Yes. The only time it doesn't do it is if you set it while doing a speed over the limit, even 1 kmh over.

It seems to me that the cruise-control doesn't engage until your foot is completely off the pedal. It's smoother if you turn on cruise and then take your foot off slowly, or else push the pedal to get up to the set speed and then take your foot off. But yeah, the normal thing of just turning it on and taking your foot off is annoyingly lurchy.

Updating currently to 2020.4.1
Applied 2020.4.1 to my 2014 Model S and it now reads and can reply to text messages.
Read the instructions on the Release notes carefully to enable messages in Bluetooth for your phone, it took a few goes before it enabled successfully.
I can turn on and off the rear camera, adjust the temperature, turn on and off recirculated air and the heated seats.
Gotta love it when you own a 5 year old car and you get features you never contemplated when you bought it. :cool:
Works best when you press and release then say your command.

Trying to decipher this new information. Never knew I had wiper heaters o_O Picture model s_LI.jpg