Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heck, Tesla nav can't map a correct route to the local service center. I'm not joking here, they had me crossing a "jersey barrier" to get the the Seattle Service Center.

I find it about a million times better than my BMW nav. It still doesn't recognize a road I use to get home that's been there for years. Trying to find a business that's existed for less than 5 years is nearly impossible. It makes me wonder what you're actually getting for the ~$400 nav updates.

I find it about a million times better than my BMW nav. It still doesn't recognize a road I use to get home that's been there for years. Trying to find a business that's existed for less than 5 years is nearly impossible. It makes me wonder what you're actually getting for the ~$400 nav updates.

it's about a million times better than the Toyota nav system too.

3 million times better than Land Rover's nav as well. Not once, and I literally mean not once, has Land Rover (evoque)'s navigation ever lead me correctly to a destination. It even wanted me to turn down an "off ramp" when I was trying to get "on", ie backwards into oncoming traffic. That thing was a piece of crap I $**t you not.

Just got word on two new superchargers. I'm really surprised how many they're working on right now. Pretty awesome!

Las Vegas, NV - http://goo.gl/G2Mm81
Flagstaff, AZ - http://goo.gl/wUYOjh
Great news. If you plug the Flagstaff location in (right click to add a new point) that leaves one final gap to be filled by the Somerset PA Supercharger for a transcontinental trip (assuming a 130 mile radius). If you drop that to a 100 mile radius for more realistic winter highway travel in a 85kwh its opens one gap each in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Arizona, but after Somerset is started (or found?) with a little patience you could drive across the country with the Superchargers currently under construction.

Well if there is construction going on at Courtyard Marriott - 2650 S Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 the front desk does not know about it! It was also -6 degrees there last night! Yikes, that's cold…. ! The general manager may know more about the project but the GM is not on site at the moment. Apparently they're IS to be a CHARGING STATION there, whether it is a Tesla Supercharging Station, again wasn't know by the front desk. There are no back hoes or new trenches to the front desk's knowledge. I'll keep digging for information as the days move forward>>any and all assistance is greatly appreciated… and remember if anyone knows anyone there… have them get the photos so we all can analyze them:biggrin: I've also reached out to friend of a friend to go and take photos. :wink: If i get any info I'll post it asap! … on both threads.. here and Flagstaff thread.

Well if there is construction going on at Courtyard Marriott - 2650 S Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 the front desk does not know about it! It was also -6 degrees there last night! Yikes, that's cold…. ! The general manager may know more about the project but the GM is not on site at the moment. Apparently they're IS to be a CHARGING STATION there, whether it is a Tesla Supercharging Station, again wasn't know by the front desk. There are no back hoes or new trenches to the front desk's knowledge. I'll keep digging for information as the days move forward>>any and all assistance is greatly appreciated… and remember if anyone knows anyone there… have them get the photos so we all can analyze them:biggrin: I've also reached out to friend of a friend to go and take photos. :wink: If i get any info I'll post it asap! … on both threads.. here and Flagstaff thread.

It looks like Flagstaff may have some snow on the ground so if they're in the early parts of the construction they either may be delayed or may not be much to be seen. Hope you friend can find something!

Also would make the cross country trip to Teslive a bit easier - but since other east coasters from the NJ/MD area are also interested, our best best may be to meet at the DE supercharger...

Aaron

Based on the Supercharger maps I'm seeing, it looks like all you right-coasters and heartlanders making the Teslive Tesla Trek will necessarily pass about a mile or two from my home outside Denver. I'll join the convoy as you pass by; but first, the party's at my house. And anyone needing a little boost to get over the Divide to Silverthorne is welcome to plug their UMC into one of my two 50A 14-50 outlets.

Great news. If you plug the Flagstaff location in (right click to add a new point) that leaves one final gap to be filled by the Somerset PA Supercharger for a transcontinental trip (assuming a 130 mile radius). If you drop that to a 100 mile radius for more realistic winter highway travel in a 85kwh its opens one gap each in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Arizona, but after Somerset is started (or found?) with a little patience you could drive across the country with the Superchargers currently under construction.

The Kingman AZ supercharger station would have to be open to enable this route traveling east. Its uphill to over 7000ft elevation on the way to Flag from northwestern AZ.

Yes, it should be achievable. There hasn't been any recent news on Buckeye so I was assuming they are going to build out the I 40 route first. I-10 needs Indio and Buckeye to be complete.

Personally, I hope they build out I-10 first. Barstow to Kingman isn't possible in a 60. It wouldn't be terrible to have to go to Vegas and then Kingman, but it'd be nicer if we didn't have to.

I must admit, it's actually pretty fun using EVTripPlanner to plot out trips. It's especially handy when you live in the mountains where it's nearly impossible to get any use out of rated miles remaining. I know roughly how many rated miles it takes to get home from a few common places, but that's about it.

I must admit, it's actually pretty fun using EVTripPlanner to plot out trips. It's especially handy when you live in the mountains where it's nearly impossible to get any use out of rated miles remaining. I know roughly how many rated miles it takes to get home from a few common places, but that's about it.

6 or 7 rated miles per 1,000 feet works quite well for me. I drive the Colorado Rockies all the time. If you are heavily loaded use 8 rated miles per 1,000 ft.

OTOH, I have found EVTripPlanner to be remarkably accurate.

6 or 7 rated miles per 1,000 feet works quite well for me. I drive the Colorado Rockies all the time. If you are heavily loaded use 8 rated miles per 1,000 ft.

OTOH, I have found EVTripPlanner to be remarkably accurate.

Oddly, it seems the 85 uses more rated miles for a given trip than the 60 does. I understood how the 60 would use less energy in kwh, but fewer rated miles actually baffles me a bit since the two cars seem to have rated range tailored for their different energy usages.

In addition to the one in AZ, SD, MN, (probably WI too), there actually might require one (or two) more in Western PA than Somerset, mostly due to the terrain (and the cold weather).
Big Mountains take a lot of energy to ascend, even driving conservatively.

Starting @ West end, of the currently known Mid-West SC at Angola, IN:

**The exact SC location around Toledo has not yet been identified.

**and Eastern Ohio (Cleveland vicinity?) probably will have a SC East of Cleveland (current Tesla Motors map indicates two Red Dots there).

**For Western PA, my guess would be somewhere on US76, North and/or East of Pittsburgh for at least one more (CranberryTownship/Wexford to Monroeville),

**Somerset, second Western PA location

**There is one more Red Dot in Southern PA/ Northern Maryland: maybe Hagerstown, MD (near US70 and US81 intersection)? (Logic being: that location picks up another State in the process, local and state media will cover that Ribbon Cutting event more than the first Supercharger in an adjacent state, same for media coverage of Elon's cross-country adventure).

The SC @ Newark, DE is existing.

Even 60s (driven with care) could make that trek.

I just noticed: Looking at the Tesla Motors Map, there is also a Red Dot very near Chicago.
And another one just North Illinois in Southeast WI: maybe Racine?

The more accurate information the scouts have to go on, the closer the rest of us are to understanding the real-time construction that is occurring AND also the maps become much more coherent.
Tesla and the contractors are speeding up SC delivery times once ground is broken and construction actually begins.

Last edited: