Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Gigafactory a year has become a bit mundane.

Just sayin

That's no joke.

To maintain their 50% annual growth, Tesla has to grow their number of Gigafactories at the same rate (give or take a bit due to improved efficiencies).

So to maintain an annual growth of 50%, the number of Gigafactories has to double every 21 months.

As I wrote a few weeks ago, I expect the location for GF5 to be announced before the end of Q2.

I don't get the term electrified anyway. I mean, was an automobile in the early 1900s essentially a "gasified" horse and buggy?

No. It replaced the entire powertrain.

Electrified covers a range of substitution of the ICE powertrain with electric powertrain technology.
If you don't look at the whole range of electrification, you're going to miss an overall trend.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonWatch
Article discussing the impact of coronavirus news on a basket of different equities:

This is how far and fast the coronavirus has spread through U.S. stocks

"Fears of a potential coronavirus pandemic has [sic] weighed heavily on shares of companies in a wide variety of sectors this week, particularly those with revenue exposure to travel into and out of China."

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Surprisingly interesting video. He seems to understand Tesla and their position in the market a lot better than many so-called analysts.
That's because he's out of the game and can give an honest opinion.

While the interview is much better than most, I still think he's too dismissive of Tesla's technology prowess and attributes sales to Tesla being an aspirational brand when he should be focusing on how the vehicle is superior which drives brand loyalty.

Let's just pause a moment to appreciate the beauty of the all-time $TSLA chart...

upload_2020-1-21_19-44-43.png

Those comments represent the (noisy) coal-rollers who would rather die before buying an EV.

I can hardly wait to find myself sitting side-by-side at a stoplight on a 55 mph highway, me in my Cybertruck next to a big fancy traditional pickup. I have a load of firewood well secured in the back. As the light turns green, I will struggle off the line as if the load is taxing my electric motors until the other truck edges ahead and decides this is his chance to show what real power can do. As he accelerates more forcefully I will leave him in my wake as if he's having a bad dream in which his legs are made of lead. He will blink his eyes, wondering if he just saw what he saw as I recede into the horizon.

That is so much fun I buy three huge old-growth logs, surplus Hollywood movie props that only weigh 100 lbs. each. I secure them to a large flatbed trailer with huge chains and chain binders. Oh, the fun one can have toying with people's minds with a Cybertruck!

Really OT, but--why not?

Two reasons.

1. We are nervous that there will be a car unexpectedly available and we won’t be back in time to get it. Not sure how that works.

2. We have to drive it though a route with snowy mountain passes and roads with no snow tires and kind of don’t want it until after middle of May.

Yah I know. Can’t have it all. In a perfect world we would order it first week March and pick it up first or second week of May.

I doubt it makes any difference but she decided on LR AWD Red, white interior, 19 inch.

I apparently get our 2016 SV leaf as my commuter. :).

Ugh. Website says 7 to 9 weeks for a model 3 here in BC. Our sales guy says at least that. We can’t order wifeys model 3 till we are back in the country. That puts us close to a deadline for a planned trip. I wonder if that time will drop once they start producing North American varieties towards March?

I know. First world problems.
Why can't you order it? Tesla will work with you.