Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The mean look of the blue mule posted upthread is gone; that's what I miss the most about what we ended up with.

Beyond us more forgiving enthusiasts, I seriously doubt the broader appeal - all other considerations apart - to folks who want SUVs to convey some sense of strength/power.

Not sure why I feel so strongly about it; I'm not even buying this thing so, I should shut up now. ;)

Please, please don't do this to the Model 3...

But, but...the Model X is a 'girl's car. :biggrin:

Keep in mind folks, it's an SUV. It's not going to look like a sexy sedan. If that is what you want, get a Model S. If functional features are a priority, get a Model X. In any event, its look is not that far from a sexy sedan.

The nose on the Model S is old school. The nose on the Model X is new school. Battery electric vehicles do not need to have the old school grills and smiley faces that most cars/suv's have to radiate water cooled engines etc. I think Tesla is taking us into the future with this new nose styling and, for some it may take a while to get used to. Alas the Model X is here, new, styled, falconed, full visioned cockpit, bio hazard filtrated and more. It is the future today, always a little new to grasp. It's great to be shown the future, even better to be participating in it as the future evolves. Cutting edge. Tip of the automotive spear in design and function. It's great to be a part of it. I love the new look, features, functionalities. I look back over my shoulder at all of the competition. BTW, the completion is kinda hard to see, little specs in the distance. Ludicrous mode, don't cha know?! Tesla, moving forward to where we all want to go!

model-x.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=96002&d=1443587539.png

Personally I like everything better on the new nose except the center of the bumper cover, it looks sterile.

Just imagne how it looks with a license plate. I think it will be great because it "break`s" this sterile look.

i like the new nose. the nose cone on the model s is easily the most awkward part of its design. needs paint wrap though.

Or wood texture wrap :) j/k

I like the front even in its shocking white; I admit it took a lot for me to get an acquired taste for the model S nose cone and I'm happy Tesla is exploring other designs.

I bet the 3 will be neither-ish or X-ish with a nose-band at most.

Don't like it at all.
I prefer old Model X Prototype front> Model S > New Model X
This looks way better:
attachment.php?attachmentid=92354.png

It also has some character to it and you immediately know it's a Tesla.
Now it looks like an unbranded car (in the front).

I like it, but I think just about anything different would have been an improvement over the Model S nose, which myself and virtually everyone I know (that haven't purchased one...once you lay down all that cash it seems impossible to criticize your beloved vehicle) have always considered to be the least attractive part of an amazing car. I expect bringing some variation of this nose to the S will give it the facelift it needs to become even more desirable to prospective new owners.

Last edited:
The black thing on the front of Model S is like those ridiculous non-functional hood scoops or quarter panel vents you see all over the place. Look, no one cares about having something to break up the block of solid color on the side of the car; the only reason this bothers people is because it's not what we're used to. It's shocking.

ICEs need giant air holes at the front to cool off all the energy that's been wastefully turned into heat. Model X has far less need for cooling so there's no reason for a gaping hole look up front.

Love the nose cone. At first, seeing it was kind of jarring. My brain just isn't used to something like that. But seeing it a few times and in other colors it really started to grow on me. It looks futuristic because it isn't trying to imitate a gas car. Just like early gas cars resembled horse carriages, eventually we moved away from that and cars developed their own design language. It's nice seeing Tesla finally moving away from the vestigial grill.

Interestingly enough, I find the Model S nosecone to the be the most attractive on a white car, whereas the Model X looks the best in all the colors but white. I still find them all beautiful tho.

I really like the new nose cone. Gives the X the impression of hovering as it moves towards you from what I can see in the videos. Very futuristic & consistent with what the car is and represents - without being too in your face.

That windscreen is beyond cool too - I want one :love: